The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What the exact advice given behind closed doors has been we don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t as stinging publicly as the person that had zero reason to go public with any input whatsoever unless it is agenda driven, which there seems to be in the media with this issue from certain parties
if we don’t know what the advice given behind closed doors was, then we must agree that we don’t know that Kristie spoke up because of an ‘agenda’ and we don’t know that what she said was not an accurate summation of what needs to happen…

We can’t have it both ways…if it’s wrong to speculate about what was said behind closed doors to Schu, it’s wrong to speculate that Kristie had no reason to go public. How do you know she doesn’t want to see Josh succeed after all the hard work that was put in? How do you know she hasn’t spent years trying help him realise his potential? We don’t know that she hasn’t tried to speak with him one on one. Further, we post on these forums to have our opinion heard by others; maybe her Twitter post is no different.

You may be right and she may have an agenda, I don’t know…but I’m seeing a lot of posts on the forum lately, where members caution against speculating, only to speculate themselves. It seems it really just depends which side of the fence one sits on, as to what is open for speculation and what cannot be disputed, when in actual fact, no one really knows anything for certain.

Last edited:
Very interesting.I wonder if ST members will believe this story because it’s favourable for Manly fans or treat it like other stories.Given there are quotes from Mario and it is Dean Ritchie,who has basically been Zorba’s lapdog for many a decade,I suspect it’s not far from the truth
I'm taking the Agent Mulder approach to anything I hear or read - trust no one. I want to see a contract and the back of their head as they run onto the field before I believe it.

As an aside how bad is foxsports these days?

The majority of the "content" is just re hash of bad takes from their awful sports shows.
Yeah they contradict themselves a lot! They ran a story this week about how the Dragons are playing with fire by using Ben Hunt at 9 and that he might look around for another club…during the same story they said he has a great relationship with Griffin and would obviously have been consulted if he is ‘on board’ with the decision. Then they said if he plays 9 and a new coach comes along, he might get upset about playing 9?!

So essentially, what I can extract from all that is that Hunt is happy to play 9 and on board with the new tactic, but if the person telling him to play 9 is not Anthony Griffin, he will walk and look for a club?! Seriously…I give up 😂

Did the club make it public or was it needed to explain that he wasn’t dropped because of the bbq fisty cuffs? Which the media would have loved to run with.

Concerned we lose the shoe now. Anasta on 360 seemed unusually sure of himself when he said Shuster to Tigers. Rumours Fulton wants Koula too. Ffs while we sign tigers rejects. Worst rumour possible.
Seriously why would any player serious about their career go to Wests? ****e club, zero identity and players just sing for overs rendering their commitment to success minimal in the motivation dept. if a player of ours wants to go to that club, he’s better off there as his head is obviously all over the place.

Seriously why would any player serious about their career go to Wests? ****e club, zero identity and players just sing for overs rendering their commitment to success minimal in the motivation dept. if a player of ours wants to go to that club, he’s better off there as his head is obviously all over the place.
Easy money. Because theres clearly no expectation on delivering anything at wests

Nrl 360 is actually going downhill. It is becoming almost more tabloid and less credible each week.

When Ben Ikin hosted the show it had some class. I like Braith as a host however with Riccio and Carryanis and the way Kent carries on it is starting to lose its way:

Sometimes they argue about nothing for almost ten mins. It’s really losing its mojo if it ever had it.

Olakau’atu, a NSW State of Origin candidate, comes off contract after 2025.

Aware his current deal was modest, given his blockbusting form, Manly agreed to a hefty pay rise for this season.

That figure can be revealed as nearly $200,000.

“Manly gave him an increase this year for 2023,” Tartak said. “It was a gesture of goodwill.

“We haven’t moved on ’24 or ’25. There aren’t any increases for those seasons just yet.

“But we would expect an increase for ’24 and ‘25 and that has been told to me.”

Olakau’atu is poised for another powerhouse display against the Broncos on Friday evening.

If we have to give these managers air time, then once in a while I would like to hear them talk about their clients wanting to win a premiership for the club that signed and supported them from when they were teenagers... instead of talking about how many extra tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars they expect to receive over and above what they are actually contracted to receive.

If we have to give these managers air time, then once in a while I would like to hear them talk about their clients wanting to win a premiership for the club that signed and supported them from when they were teenagers... instead of talking about how many extra tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars they expect to receive over and above what they are actually contracted to receive.
This is actually one of the other quotes from the same article:

“If anything, the criticism motivates Josh. He cops it sweet. He is happy at Manly and has ambitions at Manly to win a premiership. He is definitely staying,” said Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak.

Ask yourself this. Why is tartak talking about Haumole in this article? The Shoe must have really pissed the club off some how.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2