The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Schuster had no running game again which is very important when playing in the halves. His attack is very predictable which makes DCE job alot harder. 😔
This is a good point.
Garrick while doing an admirable job at fullback doesn't really pose much of a threat.
Croker while being a champion defender provides little out of dummy half.

It's unrealistic to expect one player to carry 3 others in the spine.

I'm officially at a loss with Shu. Tonight he looked a lot like the game against the Roosters. Is it the lack of forward domination? Maybe. But just like the last game, they obviously had a strategy of rushing him in attack and he was left with not much. Keary did it last week and Deardon (I think - hard to tell from the stand) tonight. He was getting a lot of ordinary ball but you would still expect something that looked threatening. Deardon and the Cows backline were moving so much faster and with so much room. Defence again?? I wanna just blame it on the forwards but geeeez, he needs to show something more soon or his career and Manly's future is looking very grim.

And if he's going to make it in the forwards next year, he's going to have to discover some mongrel coz it's non existent right now. It's the first time I've really felt like he really may not have "the right stuff". I really hope I'm wrong.

Schuster was pretty ordinary tonight in my opinion. Mind you, Manly’s ability to create try scoring opportunists was really ordinary.

He was off tonight, didn’t straighten the attack at all on the left edge.

Like to Koula outside of him, no excuses for Schuster but the middle of the field is where we lost again tonight, only Tent was bending the line.

We might bag brooks but he’s position is 5/8 so we’ll get the services our backs require.All schuster looks for is that no look pass which is not enough,he should stick to basics & play as a 5/8.

He started ok with some nice kicks behind the line and then it turned to ****. I’m the supreme optimist however I can’t see a way out. We are a bottom 4 team without doubt. Not sure it will be much better next year.

What I think a lot of the apologists are missing is .... It is the main role of a 5/8 to make a difference - NOT to stand back like Mr Potato head waiting for the perfect conditions to come along. ...

If things aren't going to plan and you are an $800k 5/8th ... IT IS in your job description to fix it. .. You won't always be able to ... but trying to is essential. It is the will and the ability to turn these games that earn you the right to the big pay cheque .

I'm certain that when our forwards dominate and we're blessed with field position and possession ... the Shoeey will carve them a new one ... but then again, so would Daffy Duck

Zero runs for Zero run meters ... Not once bothered to take a hit up for the boys or to back himself to break the defence open ... I Could cop him trying and failing but not that pathetic effort and pathetic outcome.

What I think a lot of the apologists are missing is .... It is the main role of a 5/8 to make a difference - NOT to stand back like Mr Potato head waiting for the perfect conditions to come along. ...

If things aren't going to plan and you are an $800k 5/8th ... IT IS in your job description to fix it. .. You won't always be able to ... but trying to is essential. It is the will and the ability to turn these games that earn you the right to the big pay cheque .

I'm certain that when our forwards dominate and we're blessed with field position and possession ... the Shoeey will carve them a new one ... but then again, so would Daffy Duck

Zero runs for Zero run meters ... Not once bothered to take a hit up for the boys or to back himself to break the defence open ... I Could cop him trying and failing but not that pathetic effort and pathetic outcome.

Definitely flat track bully against weaker teams than us. Problem being there aren’t many teams weaker than us. Even on paper we look ****. I have joined the pessimists. 🙋‍♂️ The Sheik of Doom has a nice ring to it.

Shuster is obsessed with his no look passes, he needs to run more and at the moment he’s too predictable. and our attack looked like it was in slow motio. Koula looked good at fullback, Garrick is good but he’s not a ball playing fullback.

I turned off after the Cows first try, because I legitimately knew Manly would lose, but before that, I thought he kicked very well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8