The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Shyster was on eqitable money. For example, in comparison to Croker, Joshing Shyster should be on about 200k, would we still be bagging him as much?

I'm not turning this into a dce thread. your just lining me up for more disdain of which quite frankly ive had enough of

you entitled to your opinion and ive never tried to rubbish it .
be vehement ,strongly disagree, happy for you

but im done and i feel no need to let you know how MUCH i disagree.
just my opinion. In fact ive mainly agreed with you.

for the record. I do not hate DCE but love manly. Ive seen him as a stumbling block to our success due to the worst contract ever Penned. I do not like our forwards and hookers carrying the can for his inability to play in the line to attack or kick. they have enough of there own issues .yes he has improved but in this area he has loads to work on

look maybe i just over read things because everytime i mention DCE some one tells me i have an agenda, a hatred, and am a pessimist because it doesnt fit what the cool team are saying. its tiresome and has me posting less and less

But rarely do they address the points i make, just play the man

anyway adios,
“Which quite frankly I have had enough of”… I see what you did there 😄

Seriously was not trying to rip you @jbb/james, I just felt that it was unjust comparing those 2 players and the flack that they cop…as I said, I have players I don’t rate also and I guess we all see what we want to see sometimes…

Fair call that this is not the DCE thread and I will leave it at that…

for the record. I do not hate DCE but love manly. Ive seen him as a stumbling block to our success due to the worst contract ever Penned.
I do not believe any passionate Manly people that take pride on our Legendary clubs great winning legacy hate any player . They only hate losing and the lowering of our great clubs greats standards when we lose

No one is Perfect and Neither is Penn and like every one else he has done some great things and one of them was to secure the services of DCE who has been one of the most Durable and Dynamic halfbacks in an era where Great half backs are as rare as Eagles teeth .

The Undisputed Great Manly Halfback of the decade DCE
Australian Rep Honors 2011 - 2022
QUEENSLAND Honors 2013-2023

1690177760117.png

I'm not turning this into a dce thread. your just lining me up for more disdain of which quite frankly ive had enough of

you entitled to your opinion and ive never tried to rubbish it .
be vehement ,strongly disagree, happy for you

but im done and i feel no need to let you know how MUCH i disagree.
just my opinion. In fact ive mainly agreed with you.

for the record. I do not hate DCE but love manly. Ive seen him as a stumbling block to our success due to the worst contract ever Penned. I do not like our forwards and hookers carrying the can for his inability to play in the line to attack or kick. they have enough of there own issues .yes he has improved but in this area he has loads to work on

look maybe i just over read things because everytime i mention DCE some one tells me i have an agenda, a hatred, and am a pessimist because it doesnt fit what the cool team are saying. its tiresome and has me posting less and less

But rarely do they address the points i make, just play the man

anyway adios,

Mate ... go back and read the 9723 posts you have made .. across all threads ... telling everybody that DCE is the root cause of all our woes ... and then .. try very hard to work out for yourself if you have an agenda ... or that you just think we are slow learners

I claim there is a larger body of evidence to suggest that Schuster struggles with fitness, form and injuries, yet you keep referring to his successful 2021 season. Do we only bother with certain pieces of evidence?
Very valid comments with Schu and in line with DCE's a couple of months ago when he spoke of the sacrifice required to be a professional athlete. I was at the game against the Cowboys, on fulltime Schu jumped the fence and walked through the stand lapping up the attention with no regard to the performance the team collectively had delivered. First, he needs to become a footballer respected by his teammates and piers, then the rest will fall in to line for him. We want players who turn up when the heats on and they are not all managed by the one agent .............if you know what I mean. And for the record 2021 when we went deep in to the finals had a 5/8 known as Foz, who will take the line on.

I thought Schuster looked more engaged & involved yesterday & was putting a lot of effort into his defence. Hynes tried to get outside him early yesterday & Schuster wrapped him up in a nice ball & all tackle that Gould commented on, saying last time we played Hynes burned Schuster on the outside…so he’s learning & putting the effort in IMO.

He didn’t overplay his hand with the fancy stuff & laid on a nice chip kick for Olakau’atu’s try.

I got the feeling his role might just have clicked with him in this game & hopefully he builds on it from here.

I thought Schuster looked more engaged & involved yesterday & was putting a lot of effort into his defence. Hynes tried to get outside him early yesterday & Schuster wrapped him up in a nice ball & all tackle that Gould commented on, saying last time we played Hynes burned Schuster on the outside…so he’s learning & putting the effort in IMO.

He didn’t overplay his hand with the fancy stuff & laid on a nice chip kick for Olakau’atu’s try.

I got the feeling his role might just have clicked with him in this game & hopefully he builds on it from here.
Yeah I actually thought his defence was a big step up on Sunday… 20 tackles with 2 misses and 2 ineffective sounds only decent but I thought he made some important first contacts - which is something I have been critical of with Schu previously…

There was one particular one on the tryline where he potentially saved a try (can’t remember who it was on)…

Long may the improvement continue… SCHUUUU SCHUUUU!!!

Last edited:
I thought Schuster had a good game yesterday. He made more effort to be involved in both attack & defence. However, he did have defensive lapses towards the end of the game. I don't think this is a mental thing, but rather physical. It appears his genetics make it difficult for him to have the 80 minutes stamina that many other players have. I noticed this in games two years ago when he would become mentally tired at the end of games, making either simple errors or becoming frustrated & giving away silly penalties. Maybe he can increase his stamina & aerobic ablitity with an individually tailored sports diet, including supplements.

As he has alternated between back row & five eighth during his career, maybe he has confusion about his role in the team. However, it seems he is just starting to find his feet and should continue to improve. Similarly, it appears Koula is just starting to find his feet in the team, becoming more assertive in looking for work and the ball.

Next year, Brooks may be the primary five eighth. He is fast, can be elusive and has good kicking & passing skills. In which case, maybe Schuster's most effective role will be as subsitute lock - similar to Walker in 2021--22. He could come on after 20 minutes to replace Jake (who would revert to prop) with instructions to run hard, tackle and ball play either side of the ruck. His front on defence is probably superior to his lateral defence.

I feel like Schuster might have a really big game today, and for both his sake and ours I hope it is so.

I was impressed with his attitude over the Brooks signing, he struck me as a real team man. I hope his plan in respect of Brooks is to make his own development so good that by mid-2024 Manly has Brooks in 14 and Schuster back starting at 6. Because frankly I acknowledge Brooks' talents but I have questions over his own attitudes when the going gets really tough, I can't see him as a tough times leader like I can with DCE.

I also have in mind that Schuster is still young to be a starting playmaker that much is expected of. Isn't Dearden the cautionary fable in this regard, IIRC? Hynes needed time to grow into that role. Moses is playing very good footy this year and last year but it wasn't always so. Even the mighty Cliffy was a late bloomer wasn't he?

So Go Schu for today, make the backend of 2023 a gold run, show you are the long term Manly 5/8 indeed!

I feel like Schuster might have a really big game today, and for both his sake and ours I hope it is so.

I was impressed with his attitude over the Brooks signing, he struck me as a real team man. I hope his plan in respect of Brooks is to make his own development so good that by mid-2024 Manly has Brooks in 14 and Schuster back starting at 6. Because frankly I acknowledge Brooks' talents but I have questions over his own attitudes when the going gets really tough, I can't see him as a tough times leader like I can with DCE.

I also have in mind that Schuster is still young to be a starting playmaker that much is expected of. Isn't Dearden the cautionary fable in this regard, IIRC? Hynes needed time to grow into that role. Moses is playing very good footy this year and last year but it wasn't always so. Even the mighty Cliffy was a late bloomer wasn't he?

So Go Schu for today, make the backend of 2023 a gold run, show you are the long term Manly 5/8 indeed!

I think Schu will be a handful for Amone. I just hope Amone won’t be a handful for Schu 😂

Better performance. Got more involved and ran with ball. Still improvement required defensively. But I hope he can build for the finals when Turbo makes a comeback. 🤭

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8