The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had to laugh when the slowest player on the field kicked ahead on the zero tackle to the second slowest player on the field.....with the expected results.

This was only trumped by Garricks first tackle game of forcey-backs.....also with expected results.
I take your point but I think Garrick might have been going for a 20/40. I hope 😂

I had to laugh when the slowest player on the field kicked ahead on the zero tackle to the second slowest player on the field.....with the expected results.

This was only trumped by Garricks first tackle game of forcey-backs.....also with expected results.
My 13yr old threw 3 consecutive F bombs at the tv after the Schu kick to Parks and his mother threatened him straight to bed and he quickly shut up!

Parks was running in quicksand seriously he’s so slow it’s not funny. But honestly I watched that play and thought classic manly. Schu takes the intercept and who’s outside him? Not Koula or Saab Nup the slowest back we have being chased by Crichton. Just felt that play was totally symbolic of what seems to be our last two years. Just rubbish.

I’m going to go against the grain and hold out hope for this bloke. That kind of potential doesn’t come along often. Cliff Lyons is a Manly and Rugby League legend as is Phil Blake and rightfully so. But they were not without their faults, particularly early on in their careers, namely defensive issues and tended to drift in and out of games…sound familiar?

He stands far too flat and while some of that is on him most of it has to be coaching. We’re too flat in attack across the board, It’s affecting Schmole and Koula as well IMO.

I’m happy for him to move to the forwards next year but at lock, not on the edge. His defence issues will conitibue defending one on one whereas in the middle he’ll be more of a gang tackler. Also he’ll be more cramped as a ball player (like he is now playing flat) on the edge whereas I think running on to the ball as a first receiver opens up multiple options, particularly if we have a fully fit Turbo running off him. A lot of this comes down to coaching though.

I’m going to go against the grain and hold out hope for this bloke. That kind of potential doesn’t come along often. Cliff Lyons is a Manly and Rugby League legend as is Phil Blake and rightfully so. But they were not without their faults, particularly early on in their careers, namely defensive issues and tended to drift in and out of games…sound familiar?

He stands far too flat and while some of that is on him most of it has to be coaching. We’re too flat in attack across the board, It’s affecting Schmole and Koula as well IMO.

I’m happy for him to move to the forwards next year but at lock, not on the edge. His defence issues will conitibue defending one on one whereas in the middle he’ll be more of a gang tackler. Also he’ll be more cramped as a ball player (like he is now playing flat) on the edge whereas I think running on to the ball as a first receiver opens up multiple options, particularly if we have a fully fit Turbo running off him. A lot of this comes down to coaching though.
If he doesn’t have the fitness to defend where he does now - and he doesn’t - there’s no hope he’ll be able to sustain a defensive effort in the middle as a lock. No hope. Unless he has some miracle turnaround and drops kilos and massively increases his fitness. He’s just not first grade standard. How many poor games does it take to reach that conclusion. He’s hardly played a good game all season.

He is not ready for NRL, he had a big sook and threatened to leave, asked big money and got it. But in return gave no one evidence he is worth all the verbal diarrhoea . Piss off U lazy fat arse .

He won’t be defending in the middle next year but will play 13 in attack.

there was a play tonight where he got the ball and instead of going into the line and playing out the back, he looked tired and just threw it to Garrick who had to stop and surrender because he’d caught the ball on the inside of the defender. That sums up Schuster’s game tonight. Terrible.

Jesus Schuster isn't the fastest right now, but he gave us a whole new attacking option tonight. I honestly don't want him to reel in the flamboyance. I think it was our drop in energy, and immobile middles. We need more uptempo players.

I hate that he's becoming everybody's whipping boy, and wish everyone would leave him the **** alone.

Nice to see when he moved into the back row he continued to run backwards, so at least there's some consistency in his game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8