The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think that’s a bit disingenuous. He’s not coping it because he hasn’t become an instant star. He could go out and play like Jackson Ford (no frills, all effort) for all anyone cares. He’s been consistently poor in fundamental areas and therein lies the criticism. People’s expectations are not the reason he didn’t have a run last night.
You misunderstand me. I haven't defended his performances at any stage, not last year nor this. He's been far short of first grade standard.
To the point I have restrained myself from posting too much about him as it would be scathing and probably personally abusive!!
Literally, i meant it is a great pity for we Manly fans that he hasn't become an instant star, that doesn't mean or imply that he has been a solid or even competent first grader. He has not.

He is 50 games into his career and should be performing way better than he has and is. The average NRL career is 43 games, yet I dont think he is above average as a player. he is lazy and disinterested and should go back to Blacktown for the rest of this season. 8 tackles and zero metres. May as well play with 12. And if he doesn't like Blacktown, bye bye.

To the point I have restrained myself from posting too much about him as it would be scathing and probably personally abusive!!
Literally, i meant it is a great pity for we Manly fans that he hasn't become an instant star, that doesn't mean or imply that he has been a solid or even competent first grader. He has not.
Yeah it read like sarcasm. Take your point now.

Which then runs the risk of losing Olakau’atu

And?

I would miss his excellent defence, and the occasional good hit-up.

Certainly wouldn't miss the numerous boneheaded penalties, always at the wrong time.

There was a moment last night when we took a tap. He was waiting to receive the ball. They cut him out. Almost snapped his neck looking back at the passer. Like WTF man, im here. What about me

no conclusion, just a moment I saw as being funny/ interesting

he was flat footed but that is our restartt go to

I will still backing him to come good again .
Disruptive season or 2 not a total excuse for some indifferent performances but certainly not helping .
Naturally has to have his fitness and playing weight as a minimum prerequisite to compete O K but just do not lose a level of natural talent and ability that he still undoubtedly has and again should be more then capable of reproducing again .
Just has to get his confidence level and playing rhythm back into sync , most likely on an edge again . Good natural players providing they keep their bodies in reasonable shape and relatively injury free are always capable of coming good again and again can not see the exception with the Shu .
Just hope that he gets the necessary encouragement and support to help make it happen

And?

I would miss his excellent defence, and the occasional good hit-up.

Certainly wouldn't miss the numerous boneheaded penalties, always at the wrong time.
His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses,especially if DCE ever learns to use him for something other than a battering ram every play.And who do they pick up as a replacement,as all the good players that Manly need that would improve them,not just 2nd rowers,have been tied up by their clubs because they saw the cap rise ahead and the Dolphins inclusion.The market is very thin for any player for the next two years,unless you entice a player to break his contract and pay way overs

Big Fan of the Shu
Big fan of his insane skillset
So much potential and now so much underwhelming disappointment
All that Great ability diminished through lack of fitness and confidence
The only way for the shu to make his way back to the fast pace NRL level
Is to earn his way back through NSW cup and through very hard work on his fitness and footy fundamentals because sadly at the moment he has fallen from grace as a NRL player

The secret to success for the Shu is a simple but highly affective one
and that is HARD WORK
1692405149555.png

Serious question.

What are the options to get the Schuster contract off our books without killing our cap for the next 4 years?

Do we just play him at Blacktown until another club come sniffing? Even then we will still have to chip in a large amount of his contract.

Is there a performance clause in his current contract where he needs to hit certain KPI’s?

I’m really struggling to see a world where he becomes a top line back rower. He won’t get dirty and do an of the tough stuff. Is scarred to run the ball. Defensive reads are terrible, lacks in effort areas, slow and pedestrian with the ball in hand and too many brain dead poor decisions.
Funny enough all of these are the attributes of a good 2nd rower.

How can we effectively move him on?
He could retire from rugby league & pursue a career in boxing?

Last edited:
Earlier in the year, Schuster played some very good games at five eighth & then seemed to drop off after Turbo was injured. I think the signing of Brooks has probably shaken his confidence and maybe the loss of fellow Tartak managed players, the Fainus, has been upsetting. He has been under intense media spotlight & has been attacked from all quarters, including this forum. If he read, heard or saw only a tenth of the abuse directed at him, it would be enough to send him into depression. I think his main issues are internal. Hopefully, he can find a way to overcome them and realize his full potential on the footy field and in life.

Earlier in the year, Schuster played some very good games at five eighth & then seemed to drop off after Turbo was injured. I think the signing of Brooks has probably shaken his confidence and maybe the loss of fellow Tartak managed players, the Fainus, has been upsetting. He has been under intense media spotlight & has been attacked from all quarters, including this forum. If he read, heard or saw only a tenth of the abuse directed at him, it would be enough to send him into depression. I think his main issues are internal. Hopefully, he can find a way to overcome them and realize his full potential on the footy field and in life.
All we want is for him to get involved.
Parker gets criticised on here more than The Shoe but he's always having a go, and he has 1/10th the natural ability of The Shoe.
Last night did he even touch the ball? Oh yeah, that right; the flick into touch!

only himself to blame really, talked it up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8