The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shu has obviously struggled with the step up to 1sts, he has the skills and lacking on field noose thru lack of confidence.
Still think he could be better as a ball playing 13, and with his contract, we can't give up on him that's just me though.

Hope he turns it around between now and 2024, I'll be rooting for him, I just don't see how it benefits him or anyone else to have a pile on of personal abuse, he may not be up to scratch at the moment, but he still plays for our team.

I still believe in Schuster as our long-term five-eight, and to prove an outstanding player. It was too soon for him this year, that's all. As others have pointed out he is still very young, and he just wasn't ready for it. Some playmakers can shine right away, others need to grow into it.

Right now he looks shot for confidence and really isn't contributing. I would give him a week off and tell him to take a break and be happy (and don't read ST whatever you do lol).

A year playing a simplified and lower expectations game in the backrow might be great for him. Longer term, I believe he will be our five-eight and will shine.

The Schuster saga is just another consequence of the Elott Pensk/Scolon Menn intervention of 2014/15.

No intervention, no Bob Fulton.

No Bob Fulton, no Scott Fulton.

No Scott Fulton, almost certainly no Josh Schuster.

The strategic blunders of the GPF (Greater Penn Family) - that just keep on giving* - and keep on phucking Manly.

* Not in a good way.

The Schuster saga is just another consequence of the Elott Pensk/Scolon Menn intervention of 2014/15.

No intervention, no Bob Fulton.

No Bob Fulton, no Scott Fulton.

No Scott Fulton, almost certainly no Josh Schuster.

The strategic blunders of the GPF (Greater Penn Family) - that just keep on giving* - and keep on phucking Manly.

* Not in a good way.

Didn’t see the game but its hard to work out what’s going on with the Schu. I can’t believe he is running dead with the hope of a release, no one in their right mind would pick him up. I honestly think the 2021 season where he fired was on the back of Tom and without him other teams are now rushing him and he can’t cope. I hope we don’t have a dud. 🤞

Reading all the negative and hate posts I just watched the reply to see how bad Schu was.

Guess what? He wasn't bad at all.

He came on as left side 2nd row and made all his tackles in the 25 mins he played.

Manly went right on every play bar 3 when Schu was playing.
One, he was bypassed so didn't get the ball.
2nd he put Koula away for a 20m run
3rd, he was given a hospital pass and tried to pat it on - mistake

Came off with 25 mins to play and Seibold did not bring him back on with 10 to go when he really could have made a difference.

Hopefully moving forward Seibold has a plan to use Schuster in attack that will better Manly as a whole and help Schu grow more as a player, as Seibs tactics were an epic fail against the Warriors.

Last edited:
Give the kid a go, jeez. We can ALL see the absolute talent and skill. He got injured, and has been coming back. Some of the comments here are disgraceful.

Look at the forwards he has around him as a half. Look at the distribution speed from dummy half. Look at the pressure that's been lumped on him by everyone in and around the club.

Can we at least support him a little?

Reading all the negative and hate posts I just watched the reply to see how bad Schu was.

He came on as left side 2nd row and made all his tackles in the 25 mins he played.

Came off with 25 mins to play and Seibold did not bring him back on with 10 to go when he really could have made a difference.

Hopefully moving forward Seibold has a plan to use Schuster in attack that will better Manly as a whole and help Schu grow more as a player, as Seibs tactics were an epic fail against the Warriors.
Interestingly, a lot of those hateful comments are made by people "who don't post as much here anymore because of the constant negativity".

Better he's in our team than someone else's, I'll say that, because you watch him go next season.. he'll be an absolute machine..you can't train natural skill and class, and he has it in bucket loads.

I honestly hope he stays away from both the media and social media. With all this crap slung at him (even from our own fans), it would be enough to get anyone down.

Interestingly, a lot of those hateful comments are made by people "who don't post as much here anymore because of the constant negativity".

Better he's in our team than someone else's, I'll say that, because you watch him go next season.. he'll be an absolute machine..you can't train natural skill and class, and he has it in bucket loads.

I honestly hope he stays away from both the media and social media. With all this crap slung at him (even from our own fans), it would be enough to get anyone down.

Yep. Agreed.

One of these posters even has the nerve to start a thread about Mark from Brisbane leaving due to the negativity and hate on the forum. Needs to take a good hard look in the mirtor.

Sounds like excuses to me.
I'm a fan of his talent but the run metres for a backrower are indefensible.
I suggested in the past weeks that I would have him playing touch footy everyday of the week from now till January.
Add a running game to his skill set and he would be a much, much better player.

He is 50 games into his career and should be performing way better than he has and is. The average NRL career is 43 games, yet I dont think he is above average as a player. he is lazy and disinterested and should go back to Blacktown for the rest of this season. 8 tackles and zero metres. May as well play with 12. And if he doesn't like Blacktown, bye bye.
Agree, give him Blacktown games now. We can't be carrying any non performing passengers, we want to win our last 2 games and end on a high. Lets think about what to do with Shoe at the beginning of next pre season.

I was watching Schuster warm up before the game and he looked gassed. Also noticed when he came off after a short stint that he looked absolutely out of breath which is so disappointing because if Sipley can play 47 minutes than Josh should be able to do the same if not more.

Maybe it time for him to be dropped to Blacktown Workers so he can get his confidence back. He has the class/skills, just lacking a bit of confidence at the moment and he maybe he needs mentoring from say someone like Glenn Stewart.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8