The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just tweeted , out of round 1 due to calf issues.

So not playing the trial either
That probably leaves our Rd 1 team most likely like this:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Ben Trbo
13. Jake Trbo
14. Jamie Humphreys (Daily Telecrap article today says he's getting it ahead of GCKT)
15. Brown
16. Bullemor
17. Waddell / Parker / Condon(?)

I'd probably say Waddell should get it, provided he isn't injured, as I believe that was the reason he didn't play in the trials. If not, Parker or Condon should get it. I'd guess Parker, due to the ability to cover centre too.

NRL 2024: Manly star Josh Schuster out of Las Vegas fixture

Manly’s left-edge for their round 1 clash is set after a fresh training niggle forced Josh Schuster to withdraw from the season opener against South Sydney. See his intended NRL return date.

by That Old Bloke with the Very Red Nose Who Feels a Strange Need to add "$800,000" to every sentence he writes

Manly’s $800,000 edge forward, Josh Schuster, has reluctantly pulled out of Manly’s NRL season opener against South Sydney in Las Vegas.

Schuster pulled up with calf soreness following a training session on Sunday.

It’s been a challenging off-season for Schuster, interrupted by chickenpox, finger surgery and an ongoing calf complaint.

Instead of racing the clock to be ready for the Sea Eagles’ March 3 clash against Souths, Coach Anthony Seibold has told Schuster to now concentrate on getting himself ready for the Round 2 match against the Sydney Roosters, which is still nearly a month away.

Despite his run of bad luck, Seibold has been impressed with Schuster’s commitment and is confident the 22-year-old will contribute significantly to Manly’s 2024 premiership campaign.

The loss of Schuster all but ensures back-rower Ben Trbojevic will win the race for Manly’s left-edge, where he has quickly built an impressive partnership with new five-eighth Luke Brooks.

That will give the Sea Eagles all three Trbojevics in their starting line-up with fullback Tom and lock Jake ready to resume their roles in Manly’s side for the historic match in Las Vegas.

Schuster was a late withdrawal from the Sea Eagles’ 36-22 Pre-Season Challenge loss to the Sydney Roosters at Gosford on Saturday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles had planned on giving Schuster game time in this Saturday’s trial against Brisbane at 4 Pines Park, but he will now switch his focus to the March 17 regular-season match against the Roosters.

It shapes as a crucial season for Schuster, who is on a bumper four-year deal at the Sea Eagles, having shifted to the back row following the arrival of Brooks from the Tigers.

NRL 2024: Manly star Josh Schuster out of Las Vegas fixture

Manly’s left-edge for their round 1 clash is set after a fresh training niggle forced Josh Schuster to withdraw from the season opener against South Sydney. See his intended NRL return date.

by That Old Bloke with the Very Red Nose Who Feels a Strange Need to add "$800,000" to every sentence he writes

Manly’s $800,000 edge forward, Josh Schuster, has reluctantly pulled out of Manly’s NRL season opener against South Sydney in Las Vegas.

Schuster pulled up with calf soreness following a training session on Sunday.

It’s been a challenging off-season for Schuster, interrupted by chickenpox, finger surgery and an ongoing calf complaint.

Instead of racing the clock to be ready for the Sea Eagles’ March 3 clash against Souths, Coach Anthony Seibold has told Schuster to now concentrate on getting himself ready for the Round 2 match against the Sydney Roosters, which is still nearly a month away.

Despite his run of bad luck, Seibold has been impressed with Schuster’s commitment and is confident the 22-year-old will contribute significantly to Manly’s 2024 premiership campaign.

The loss of Schuster all but ensures back-rower Ben Trbojevic will win the race for Manly’s left-edge, where he has quickly built an impressive partnership with new five-eighth Luke Brooks.

That will give the Sea Eagles all three Trbojevics in their starting line-up with fullback Tom and lock Jake ready to resume their roles in Manly’s side for the historic match in Las Vegas.

Schuster was a late withdrawal from the Sea Eagles’ 36-22 Pre-Season Challenge loss to the Sydney Roosters at Gosford on Saturday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles had planned on giving Schuster game time in this Saturday’s trial against Brisbane at 4 Pines Park, but he will now switch his focus to the March 17 regular-season match against the Roosters.

It shapes as a crucial season for Schuster, who is on a bumper four-year deal at the Sea Eagles, having shifted to the back row following the arrival of Brooks from the Tigers.
I am not seeing the "suggested" Schuster "conspiracy theories" in anything that Seibold or Mestrov have said publicly so far. At this stage, I will continue to trust/believe the words of the coach and the CEO over any Silvertails or outside Josh Schuster rumour-mongering.

He has had injury troubles way back before he debuted in FG and way back before he had 'fitness' concerns. The guy is injury prone, regardless of attitude. It's a shame for all concerned. In saying that, his contract (be it 800k or 600k) is a liability.
It sure is looking that way unfortunately. Schusters 2021 season is sadly looking a long time ago now. Now Seibs given him even more time off to be hopefully fit and available for the Roosters in rd 2. I'm a big Schu fan myself, and just hope that 2024 isn't just another false dawn.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8