The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That probably leaves our Rd 1 team most likely like this:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Ben Trbo
13. Jake Trbo
14. Jamie Humphreys (Daily Telecrap article today says he's getting it ahead of GCKT)
15. Brown
16. Bullemor
17. Waddell / Parker / Condon(?)

I'd probably say Waddell should get it, provided he isn't injured, as I believe that was the reason he didn't play in the trials. If not, Parker or Condon should get it. I'd guess Parker, due to the ability to cover centre too.
Agree with this

People go and watch the shoes press conference from last week where he was talking it up etc

you don’t roll out a presser like that and then pull out and don’t play a week later

100% something more is going on big time

People go and watch the shoes press conference from last week where he was talking it up etc

you don’t roll out a presser like that and then pull out and don’t play a week later

100% something more is going on big time
I mean....possibly.

But also it is not uncommon for injuries to be reaggrevated.

Sure there could be some conspiracy but my bet is on a little flare up and with no trial games and the long haul flights they figure best to pull him round one and then have the extra fortnight to have him ready round 2.

In fact, wouldn't be surprised if he gets some minutes for Blacktown on the 9th of March.

I mean....possibly.

Sure there could be some conspiracy but my bet is on a little flare up and with no trial games and the long haul flights they figure best to pull him round one and then have the extra fortnight to have him ready round 2.

In fact, wouldn't be surprised if he gets some minutes for Blacktown on the 9th of March.
we shall see i guess but this smells of a huge cover up IMO

his whole off season has for the matter

Honestly we have the troops to cover his loss and they are all better defenders than him also

Schu seems to have a fairly flat-footed running style to my uneducated eye, maybe that makes him more susceptible to calf issues.
Meanwhile, love all the 'feelings' and cover-up theories flying around in this thread! @:D

Schu seems to have a fairly flat-footed running style to my uneducated eye, maybe that makes him more susceptible to calf issues.
Meanwhile, love all the 'feelings' and cover-up theories flying around in this thread! @:D
Agree with that observation. No a natural fluent ruining style. It would have been foolish to throw him in against the Rabbits in Vegas when he is under done. Early days we have a long season ahead. Depth is key and fortunately we have good depth this year.

Love the way our Coach Club have come out and said the shoe won't be going to the US of A's. If in any doubt take the conservative approach. He can add to our team in big moments if he's on. But ya don't win a premiership in February. Not on the field anyway.

I would rather have said nothing and have Souths playing the Guessing Game in their heads
Yeah I can understand your logic mate. Any upper hand against those butchers. I just wonder if the club have the Shoe best interest front and centre here. Media would have had one story before the donkeys trial. One story before the flight to the US of A. One story in the build up in Vegas. Cameras everywhere in Vegas wanting an interview. You know what, I reckon staying home, staying out of that spot light and just training the best that the Shoe can ATM might be exactly what he needs. He's had a couple of horrible weeks u would imagine. Let's judge the shoe by his performances on field this year from round 6 on wards.

Yeah I can understand your logic mate. Any upper hand against those butchers. I just wonder if the club have the Shoe best interest front and centre here. Media would have had one story before the donkeys trial. One story before the flight to the US of A. One story in the build up in Vegas. Cameras everywhere in Vegas wanting an interview. You know what, I reckon staying home, staying out of that spot light and just training the best that the Shoe can ATM might be exactly what he needs. He's had a couple of horrible weeks u would imagine. Let's judge the shoe by his performances on field this year from round 6 on wards.
From Rd 6 !!!...lol..

From Rd 6 !!!...lol..
Yeah let's lower our expectations here. He's missed a bit of pre season in the last month or so we're told. Just been a witness at an inquest for a couple of weeks which would have been a tough gig mentally for anyone. Now rehabilitation for a couple more weeks. Add missing Rd 1 and not training or being with the top team for a couple of weeks more. We all hope he's fit and firing soon, but if anyone's had a couple of months or so on light duty's, can we really expect em to be at top fitness? mentally focused? insinc with a team they may not have trained with for a couple of months? I reckon the Shoe at least deserves another month to be match fit, to be fair.

Last edited:
Very good point. If it is just an injury, he can play a ‘trial’ for Blacktown. If he can’t play at all by 9 March, he’s not playing a full NRL game 17 March.
I mean....possibly.

Yeah let's lower our expectations here. He's missed a bit of pre season in the last month or so we're told. Just been a witness at an inquest for a couple of weeks which would have been a tough gig mentally for anyone. Now rehabilitation for a couple more weeks. Add missing Rd 1 and not training or being with the top team for a couple of weeks more. We all hope he's fit and firing soon, but if anyone's had a couple of months or so on light duty's, can we really expect em to be at top fitness? mentally focused? insinc with a team they may not have trained with for a couple of months? I reckon the Shoe at least deserves another month to be match fit, to be fair.
I get what your saying DH, but, not sure the majority of Manly fans may see it that way though. Up until his latest injury Schuster has been very solid and really putting in the effort with pre season training, so his fitness levels should be good. 2 to 3 weeks tops for the Schu to get back, anything more and the message boards could get ugly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8