The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Juvenile but happy April Fools all.

Hopefully Schu is back to his best soon
April Fools Prank GIF by Sony Pictures Animation

Topped the tackle count with 28 yesterday(no misses),Dragons best was 29.
No errors and 8 hit ups for 61 metres(24 post contact).
No fancy stuff apart from a kick.
Sort of seems like he is trying to embrace what they are asking him to do.......
The following is just my rambling observations so skip if you get bored easily…

His tackling WAS good and you could see that defending in the middle obviously suited him better… not surprised he had 0 misses as I was watching his defence pretty closely and did not see him miss any… I would say that those numbers may have been inflated a little as he was third man clinger a few times (not having a go just an observation)…
I am surprised by the metres tho as I can not remember him running in open field so they are pretty much 7+m per run and I do not recall him bending the line particularly so the 24m post-contact is better than I would have thought also…

As I said in an earlier thread, the whole BWMS side were very bad yesterday so maybe he just did not have a chance to stand out? Hopefully the forwards (the actual big boppers) can get them on the front foot next week and Schu can get the ball with some space to work in and put on a show (happy to see soft hands and engaging the line rather than the no-lookers)… but kudos to him for those stats as they are certainly decent…

His tackling WAS good and you could see that defending in the middle obviously suited him better… not surprised he had 0 misses as I was watching his defence pretty closely and did not see him miss any… I would say that those numbers may have been inflated a little as he was third man clinger a few times (not having a go just an observation)…
I am surprised by the metres tho as I can not remember him running in open field so they are pretty much 7+m per run and I do not recall him bending the line particularly so the 24m post-contact is better than I would have thought also…

As I said in an earlier thread, the whole BWMS side were very bad yesterday so maybe he just did not have a chance to stand out? Hopefully the forwards (the actual big boppers) can get them on the front foot next week and Schu can get the ball with some space to work in and put on a show… but kudos to him for those stats as they are certainly decent…

Yep
Hopefully fitness levels are improving. I think him coming in as a benchie and playing 13 could be deadly.

Topped the tackle count with 28 yesterday(no misses),Dragons best was 29.
No errors and 8 hit ups for 61 metres(24 post contact).
No fancy stuff apart from a kick.
Sort of seems like he is trying to embrace what they are asking him to do.......
Zero misses hey?They obviously don’t include ineffective tackles that see them get carried over the try line,like the Dragons first on Saturday.Granted Matterson was the first to actually miss him

As I said in an earlier thread, the whole BWMS side were very bad yesterday so maybe he just did not have a chance to stand out? Hopefully the forwards (the actual big boppers) can get them on the front foot next week and Schu can get the ball with some space to work in and put on a show (happy to see soft hands and engaging the line rather than the no-lookers)… but kudos to him for those stats as they are certainly decent…
You have Woods and Bullemor up front and Matterson and Parker in the second row,not the most inspiring pack to be playing behind.

All I am suggesting is that maybe he has been asked to play a certain role and is actually trying to do what is asked of him and is adjusting as best he can.
Not saying he is knocking the door down to the NRL side,it will take some time to adjust to the middle,but put him behind some better forwards and a few more matches in the role and see if there is improvement.
If there is none then ........

It's his intensity which has dropped. His first season in the second row.. his defence was actually very good. He looks unfit unfortunately. He didn't need to add size to play there

Zero misses hey?They obviously don’t include ineffective tackles that see them get carried over the try line,like the Dragons first on Saturday.Granted Matterson was the first to actually miss him
Yeah I could not lay the blame on Schu for that… damage was done by the time he tried to cover

I know it's all a bit of fun to post things like this, but imagine what would go through that kids head if he jumped on here and clicked on that link.
There is honestly a very big problem if these kids are not being advised to, and/or do not know well enough to, avoid fan forums at all times…
they can get their ego boosts on game day and there is very little to be gained from sausage-roll eater advice between games…
(No offence intended towards my fellow sausage-roll eaters)

This is a joke playing on a point of high contention between posters over many years… and imo should be taken in the context of humour that it was clearly intended as…

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8