The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure why anyone would want Cook anyway,especially given the current situation for no.9’s at the club.As for Schuster’s contract,this announcement seems a bit strange to me.By Manly going public with their intention to allow him to leave,would suggest that Schuster/Tartek have already got the wheels in motion for an exit.I wonder if this is a similar situation to the Lomax/Dragons one.
You could be onto something here

This decision confirms the madness behind offering him a deal worth 800k a season.

Why on earth did the club offer that??? This has the potential to hamper our salary cap for for the next couple of years unless there is a club prepared to pay for him in full.

I saw Josh play 3 times this season and the truth is he is a shadow of the player he once way. his body language is terrible! He looks miserable and disinterested apart from the odd glimpse.

The ramifications of this decision have already done a lot of damage. There is no way he is ready for first grade and to play him would cause a lot of unrest when lesser talented players put in the hard yards.

What a frigging mess and waste of time!! if he's been given permission, then any deal MUST suit our club!!!

We have been played by Tartak and screwed yet again!!

LOL. I am fine, but thanks for asking.

No official statement from the club.

This is one of three things, or maybe a combo of them.

Schu is contracted to Manly for the next 3 seasons - Schu doesn't have to go anywhere if he doesn't want to. I am sure he doesn't want to play reserve grade either.

- a final ultimatum for Schu to get serious about fitness and footy. If he does this, he will be back in the team sometime soon. If he doesn't, he is not playing first grade for Manly.

- Spoony can't coach any young players, aka his Broncos disaster, so since Schu actually needs help in several areas, including coaching - Spoony is letting him go, just like the other up and coming juniors - eg Fainu brothers.

- Schu will be gone very soon to another club with Manly paying for him to play there, just like the Fainu brothers and Keppie.

Interesting to see how this plays out.
You may be right about Seibold but Schu’s issues existed when Des was here and he could not iron them out either… anyways, we will see but a change of scenery may be good for him

Thank god something is happening about this. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come at a massive cost for us.
I really can’t see him requesting a release as he has just bought property and will want that massive contract regardless.
Every move Seibs has made has been positive for the club (except this resigning, which was a monumental f**k up)

Let’s see how this plays out.

I'd still like to think there's a place for a fit and happy Josh Schuster in our football team, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Such a shame to have it come to this, but here's hoping it works out best for Josh and the club.

I wonder if Tartak had a dummy spit about Josh not being selected in this week's NRL team and didn't get the response he was expecting.

Considering the state of the player market (there is not much there at all) and the club would have to chip in for some of his contract (meaning the outlay could be as little as 400/500k) there are enough desperate clubs who will sign him

Schu is contracted to Manly for the next 3 seasons - Schu doesn't have to go anywhere if he doesn't want to. I am sure he doesn't want to play reserve grade either.

- a final ultimatum for Schu to get serious about fitness and footy. If he does this, he will be back in the team sometime soon. If he doesn't, he is not playing first grade for Manly.

- Spoony can't coach any young players, aka his Broncos disaster, so since Schu actually needs help in several areas, including coaching - Spoony is letting him go, just like the other up and coming juniors - eg Fainu brothers.

- Schu will be gone very soon to another club with Manly paying for him to play there, just like the Fainu brothers and Keppie.

Was to my understanding that we aren’t paying anyone else to play for anyone as it stands.

Usually when these announcements are made there is already a plan in place but on current and the past few seasons form who the fxck would take him? Wherever he goes this might be the wake up call he needed and sees that he is not in demand maybe he'll realise that he needs to pul his finger and have a crack. It's not like he has seemed interested in a long time to put in the work required so maybe he'll just walk away from the game? It wont working here so good for both sides to let him go.
..... he needs to pull his finger out .... and have a crack. Um...so .... never mind :lipssealed:

I've been banging on about this for months but people love to use that reason for attacking him. Seibold has even come out in the media and admitted that he is not getting $800k. As Uber mentioned though, the $800k narrative grabs attention and sells newspapers.

When there is nothing interesting in the news, the journalists then turn to their 3 favourite targets of the Tigers, Jason Demetriou & Schuster
I love repeating myself...

The confusion comes from his deal being $2.5m but it is over 4 years (not 3 years). He was already contracted for 2024 on $800k but they re-negotiated for 2024 and added 25,26 & 27 to sign a $2.5m contract for 4 years.

All of these people complaining about us signing him for $800k per year until the end of 2027 are basing their arguments/points on incorrect facts!

I'm sorry but I just stop reading posts the moment the $800k number is mentioned. It just s**ts me. Think I need to get therapy to help me deal with this issue.

I get though that many will argue $625k is also too much.

Manly aren't paying for the Fainu brothers...and there is no evidence that they are paying for Keppie either.

Firstly, I hope his mental health is okay. He'd be taking hit after hit, critique after critique, now his careers on the line. That, on top of all the other personal stuff others have alluded to in this thread (Keith Titmuss), friends leaving, circles changing. Everything he'd read would talk about how uncommitted and lazy he is. It's bloody sad.

Now, I could see a team like The Storm who have lost so many players picking him up, trimming him down, and making him an absolute world beater. Josh has so much untapped skill, potential and ability.

I'm disappointed, because that's another $800k off our teams value attempting to compete with other teams that have managed their caps prudent and diligently.

I'd still like to think there's a place for a fit and happy Josh Schuster in our football team, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Such a shame to have it come to this, but here's hoping it works out best for Josh and the club.

I wonder if Tartak had a dummy spit about Josh not being selected in this week's NRL team and didn't get the response he was expecting.
I know you're only theorising about Tartak but they would both be delusional if they thought Shu should have been picked this week based on the weekends game. As someone mentioned earlier, the blokes in the team are earning their spot and being dropped for Shu right now, would be disastrous for team harmony. And yes, I'd still like to see a fit and in form Shu playing for us but once it gets to this stage, it rarely works out. Altho, I have no numbers to back that up.

I mentioned it before but this guy reminds me of Feleti Mateo, started 5/8 but got moved to the back row then fell out of favour at the slime and ended up a journey man that never achieved what he was capable of. Hope Josh gets it together but it looks like he's going down the same road.

So can we now ask WHY and WHO is responsible for re-signing this guy for 3 years on $800K when he showed no form , no enthusiasm and no other clubs were interested. Absolutely astonishing lack of any sense and most supporters were questioning it at the time.
When he resigned it was not for 800k , various Rugby League "journalists " like to quote that figure ,but there is an article somewhere quoting Siebs I think saying it as 600k plus incentives to maybe get him to 800k. The 200k difference might be splitting hairs but lets not perpetuate the myths around his cost sprouted by the morans in the media .Anyways as someone said its incredible to think we had all those Fainus signed and sealed after years of development and now none !!.
And now it looks like someone who has been at the club since 14 or 15 yo and who was going to be the next long term 6 and looking to have a glittering career at Manly in front of him will be jettisoned or offloaded .
I dont think he has been the same since his manager started throwing his weight around 2 years ago and I also think he has been badly effected by the death of his mate .I hope he is ok and Im sorry to see him go as I think he will come good and all the effort Manly put in will reward some other shyte club, I no doubt despise .It is a professional sport and sometimes you have to start p$&^$# or get pushed off the pot
The whole situation brings to mind the below re talent and persistence. Anyways Go Manly

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On!' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race​

Was to my understanding that we aren’t paying anyone else to play for anyone as it stands.

Manly aren't paying for the Fainu brothers...and there is no evidence that they are paying for Keppie either.

Are you sure about that? Keppie is getting paid the same or more at Souths than his extension at Manly?

Both Fainu brothers were signed with Manly thru 2024, but not $1 is being paid by Manly for them to be at Wests this year?

Think about it gents.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8