The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.
Too good to be true? @mickqld Maybe it is, but I think we need to wait until the club officially announces Schuster's release. However, I expect enough details will be included in the announcement to satisfy all the sceptics (me included). If this proves out, it is an absolute masterstroke by Mestrov and Seibold and a massive mistake by Tartak.

Yeh I think most in the game can see what a talent he is, 6 years ago he had every club chasing his signature, not many players come through with his skills.

Everyone wants the best for him, knowing what is best is difficult, maybe the Panthers with Luai leaving would help him, signing a one or two year deal somewhere else hopefully see the best of him.

He leaves a big hole in the squad, the club haven’t shown their hand in chasing another backrower as yet, if he goes we would have only 26 positions of the 30 filled.

Sharon comes into the 30 🤮

It’s a damn shame as I was hoping he’d come good but the club have been very patient & given him plenty of chances.

Like others, I suspect he has some mental health issues affecting him & perhaps some time out of the game or a change of scenery will help him on that front.

I’m glad the club were cluey enough to insert performance clauses into his contract so letting him go won’t hamstring us financially for the next 3 years.

Tartak tried to hold the club over a barrel in pushing for an upgrade last year & it backfired on him spectacularly. Just a shame Schuster was the unfortunate pawn in the middle.

One disappointing thing about the inevitable loss of Schuster is the lack of so called potential superstars in key positions coming through the club.Schuster may of been in first grade for 3-4 seasons,but he was still only 22.In the last 12 months,the club has let go of a few young players,but is there many coming through?A couple of them haven’t kicked on as yet at their new clubs eg Weekes Tuitavake etc.The club are obviously in a “win now” mode,with the ages of DCE,and JakeT but at what point do you prepare for the future?

He needs to go to a struggling club, a team desperate for a playmaker/X Factor. A fresh start and some real commitment from himself could see him at least feature as a regular full time NRL player. I would throw him up to the Titans. He would feel like a God up there at the moment and Dessie would sort him out in the right way.

One disappointing thing about the inevitable loss of Schuster is the lack of so called potential superstars in key positions coming through the club.Schuster may of been in first grade for 3-4 seasons,but he was still only 22.In the last 12 months,the club has let go of a few young players,but is there many coming through?A couple of them haven’t kicked on as yet at their new clubs eg Weekes Tuitavake etc.The club are obviously in a “win now” mode,with the ages of DCE,and JakeT but at what point do you prepare for the future?

Yeah mentioned this the other day. Aside from Jamie Humphries the cupboard is pretty bare.

Seems Schuster is somewhat like Mosses Suli was when he was younger. I hope this ends as nicely as possible for all parties involved.

It just feels bittersweet for me. I want the kid to be good...and for us. Sometimes relationships just aren't attainable, and you need to divorce in the best interests of all parties. I hope all parties come out of this in a stronger position.
I’m a bit worried about the impact it will have on the wider playing group. Isn’t he close to quite a few in the squad like Haumole, Koula etc?

Was hoping he’d sort things out, maybe he still will. Hopefully this is the kick up the backside he needs to take stock of a few things. Sort yourself out and come with us or find something else.

Tartak has killed this guys career and the Fainu brothers are one step behind him..

Fancy demanding your player should be playing first grade in the condition his in and with what's gone on over the last 12 months.

Grub
Only 2 Tartak players left - Olakau’atu & Saab - but they’ve shown the hunger & determination the other 8 Tartak players haven’t, so we kept the right 2.

He needs to go to a struggling club, a team desperate for a playmaker/X Factor. A fresh start and some real commitment from himself could see him at least feature as a regular full time NRL player. I would throw him up to the Titans. He would feel like a God up there at the moment and Dessie would sort him out in the right way.
Dessie tried to sort him out while at Manly and struggled to get the right results. I think Schusters heart isn't committed to the game of rugby league.

I
I guess with an extra $800k to spend in 2025-2027 we could go to market & buy a few good young players.

He is still young and has time to sort out his life. He should resign and walk away from his contract obligations with Manly and take a long holiday this winter in the Greek islands. If he still wants to play league next year with another club then he should start on a new fresh contract with another club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8