The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only 2 Tartak players left - Olakau’atu & Saab - but they’ve shown the hunger & determination the other 8 Tartak players haven’t, so we kept the right 2.
I’d be interested to know if Tartak has any of his clients at clubs with a strong coach or one with a strong culture.Cant imagine his antics working well with the likes of Bellamy or Bennett.Des had an issue with him too,but he wasn’t backed up by a strong CEO/board.

Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.

@mickqld,

If you've read my posts in the past about CSM and players at our Club, you'll note I've always maintained that Tony Mestrov has played a straight bat with Mario Tartak and CSM and the latter has tried to use his friends in the media to peddle an agenda.

The information sourced from within the club by others aligned with CSM became a vacuum within a month of Tony's appointment.

Once again, the Club played these negotiations extremely well and CSM were left in a position to either accept the terms on offer at the time or, quite simply walk.

The benefit of having a CEO with the ability to stand firm is demonstrated and rewarded at times like these.

I wish Josh all the very best in every aspect of his life, he is a good young man with quite a deal of noise surrounding him, so I hope he finds a path in life he is comfortable and happy with, whether it be on the sporting field or not.

I’d be interested to know if Tartak has any of his clients at clubs with a strong coach or one with a strong culture.Cant imagine his antics working well with the likes of Bellamy or Bennett.Des had an issue with him too,but he wasn’t backed up by a strong CEO/board.
Fainu’s x 3 at Tigpies under Benji.

Suli, Fifita & Tuitavake at Saints now under Flanagan.

Who was the other player of his who was at Manly 🤔

EDIT: Manase Fainu, no longer in the NRL.

That leaves Saab, Schuster & Olakau’atu - 2 of whom seem to have the professionalism to put in the hard work required to maintain a first grade spot.

Agree but since posting this, it has come to our attention that performance clauses were put into the contract so it may not be as stupid as it first looked?
Sure the club can say that he didn't fullfil his obligation due to attitude and fitness, and may give the club reason to tell him to look elsewhere, however I can't see how his contract won't be included in our salary cap, as this can open up a real can of worms, because I can't see another club picking him up for anywhere we are paying him.

So , let’s assume they have kept the $800k in the budget ( even though he may well be on much less ), what position does everyone thing we need to target with those dollars should they come free immediately, or regardless , in 2025.

I’m thinking Melbourne &…Raiders?

:clap:

CSM works with every club however, at these two clubs, the only prominent player managed by CSM who was a regular first grade was Josh Addo-Carr.

Coaches and the football department within both clubs tend to steer well clear, and it appears to be working quote well.

CSM aside, they do have strong relationships with other player managers, it is a by-product of friendly relationships (outside of the game) between coaches and other player managers that can steer certain players to certain clubs, however, clubs are becoming smarter in how they enter in and negotiate with player managers nowadays.

Last edited:
@mickqld,

If you've read my posts in the past about CSM and players at our Club, you'll note I've always maintained that Tony Mestrov has played a straight bat with Mario Tartak and CSM and the latter has tried to use his friends in the media to peddle an agenda.

The information sourced from within the club by others aligned with CSM became a vacuum within a month of Tony's appointment.

Once again, the Club played these negotiations extremely well and CSM were left in a position to either accept the terms on offer at the time or, quite simply walk.

The benefit of having a CEO with the ability to stand firm is demonstrated and rewarded at times like these.

I wish Josh all the very best in every aspect of his life, he is a good young man with quite a deal of noise surrounding him, so I hope he finds a path in life he is comfortable and happy with, whether it be on the sporting field or not.

Thanks for confirming the info on JS contract clauses @AndWeDon'tCare I assume we will see the official press release tomorrow. I am also assuming the enforceability of these clauses is unquestionable.

Sure the club can say that he didn't fullfil his obligation due to attitude and fitness, and may give the club reason to tell him to look elsewhere, however I can't see how his contract won't be included in our salary cap, as this can open up a real can of worms, because I can't see another club picking him up for anywhere we are paying him.
The performance clauses are legally binding, voiding the value of the contract in question

He's in breach of his contract @Peter C . It's really that simple.

Thanks for confirming the info on JS contract clauses @AndWeDon'tCare I assume we will see the official press release tomorrow. I am also assuming the enforceability of these clauses is unquestionable.

I'm not privy to the timing of any further press releases.

In relation to the enforcement or application of a clause within a contract, as well all know, and there are forum members far smarter than me who are well versed with the law, the interpretation of a clause can be the subject of great debate, precedents and a brilliant mind.

You just hope that you have the "most brilliant of minds" in your corner in such matters.

He still can earn 800k playing somewhere else. Manly pays 350k and another club offers 450k. We free up 450k on our cap, he collects 800k combined from both clubs, and attempts to find his feet elsewhere.
I think it would be the other way around we would need to foot $450k and if someone was to pick him up at $350k.
All teams know his is damaged goods and excess baggage.

Sad to see Schuster go.

So much potential but not the work ethic to go along with it unfortunately.

Schuster really unlocked Tommy on that left side. Every time they played together they would run riot.

Something I’ve noticed this year is that Brooks/left side is no where near as effective/ potent.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8