The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was actually in the middle of editing that. I realised I'd put the wrong thing.

No clubs seem to be interested in him. Including the Dragons.
The dragons WERE the first team to come out and say no though so you still may have a point with regards to Flanno…

Personally I thought the drag queens were the most likely to benefit from him but apparently not…

And if he is, perhaps we could do a swap with Fafita? Not that I rate him that highly at the moment at his best he's pretty destructive. He has an out clause coming up to leave the tits.

Fafita on the bench would be handy as a straight swap but wouldnt want him long term,

FIfita on our bench? Not rating him that highly?

Fifita is an absolute wrecking ball and would be a near perfect signing im our team, unfortunately I think it is pure fantasy but he would walk into that left edge spot.

Realistically he's looking at minimum wage for his next NRL contract.

Hoping the club can look after him (and his family) this year away from the field.

And in future years as well.

ust because the club has, reportedly, told Shoe he can explore his options elsewhere doesn't mean the club doesn't want him to remain and work his way back into First Grade.
not exactly a ringing endorsement either, they don't tell that to players they want to stay.

not exactly a ringing endorsement either, they don't tell that to players they want to stay.
I'm hoping it was the club trying to get him out of a form slump. Something like: "we think we might be holding you back somehow from reaching your full potential. While we'd love you to stay and fight your way back to the top side we're giving you the opportunity to sound out other clubs. A change may be what you need, and we won't stand in the way. Take a couple of weeks off to consider your options..."

Who honestly believes the club has any intention of ‘maybe’ keeping him? There is 0% chance of that. He is languishing in reserve grade, has been given and taken personal leave and the other 16 clubs are not interested…but we might still be entertaining the prospect of paying him 600-800k by letting the new deal roll over if he shows some good signs? I doubt it.

There’s a significant climb from the rugby league wildness to 800k contracts. You don’t get them from weeks of NSW Cup, personal leave and a disinterested market. The only way he is featuring at an NRL club is via a train and trial or a minimum deal because there isn’t a club dumb enough to entertain anything else, least of all Manly, who have significant insight into the current risk involved.

I'm hoping it was the club trying to get him out of a form slump. Something like: "we think we might be holding you back somehow from reaching your full potential. While we'd love you to stay and fight your way back to the top side we're giving you the opportunity to sound out other clubs. A change may be what you need, and we won't stand in the way. Take a couple of weeks off to consider your options..."
Seems like wishful thinking to me mate. If he's been given a release and does come good we've given other clubs the opportunity to come and take a good player, risky move. Players they want to keep are locked down tight.

IMG_6643.jpeg

Re the ceos

Off course you are going to say you have no interest or no cap space - far better way to get a deal than come out and say yes we want him no matter what. Can not believe how easily people are sucked into this narrative

Re the ceos

Off course you are going to say you have no interest or no cap space - far better way to get a deal than come out and say yes we want him no matter what. Can not believe how easily people are sucked into this narrative
I don’t think anyone honestly believes they’re not interested, they’re just not interested for a certain dollar value. I said earlier that I think he’ll get picked up on train and trial or minimum wage or something close to that.

But you can bet Manly won’t let the new deal roll over regardless of any sudden change in attitude. His market value has plummeted so they’re not paying him what they thought they needed to last year. It’s a ‘get out before it’s too late’ situation if ever I’ve seen one.

In my opinion there's no way a club won't pick him up, if he is still interested in playing. He's too good to abandon entirely. The sticking point will be the price.

I hope he goes to the UK, some time out of the Australian spotlight will do him some good I think. If he stays in the NRL it will be Titans or Dragons - two coaches who would know quite well what they are signing up for if they take him on.

If your boss said you are welcome to look around for another job …. I don’t think that you would want to stay … unless no one else wants you.

This all falls on Josh for not training hard, staying in shape and having the hunger to succeed. Obviously words gone around the NRL that he isn't training hard, and keeping himself in shape which means he will struggle to find another NRL club to play for. His best bet would be the UK super league where the game is much slower.

I don’t think anyone honestly believes they’re not interested, they’re just not interested for a certain dollar value. I said earlier that I think he’ll get picked up on train and trial or minimum wage or something close to that.

But you can bet Manly won’t let the new deal roll over regardless of any sudden change in attitude. His market value has plummeted so they’re not paying him what they thought they needed to last year. It’s a ‘get out before it’s too late’ situation if ever I’ve seen one.
I think it will be more than that but another heavily incentivised deal

There is a complete lack of talent in the NRL which is why there are at least 8 teams who would want him.

My guess is almost every fan forum has a thread saying he would be worth it for the right price as there is so much upside (exactly what we would say about him if he was at another club)

Re the ceos

I agree that it will come down to price and risk/reward for the clubs…

The Schu’s biggest problem is that he has had an ongoing media narrative for more than 18mths that he is lazy and difficult when he does not get his own way (whether that be him or his manager)… clubs are going to see the associated risk as high so the price will need to be low…

the interview I saw with Bellamy indicated as much - he basically said “if he is available we will look at whether we can fit him into our system but I don’t think we could fit that amount of dollars in our cap” (paraphrasing)

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Hypothetical: What if this is the rocket he needed and decides to put in gets match fit and starts dominating and playing to his potential are we able to re-negotiate or does it show that he was being lazy and sooking and we let hin go because he disrespected his teamates.

If we don't have to the 2.4mil I'd still let him go and keep the cash and look for a big centre or winger.

I think it will be more than that but another heavily incentivised deal

There is a complete lack of talent in the NRL which is why there are at least 8 teams who would want him.

My guess is almost every fan forum has a thread saying he would be worth it for the right price as there is so much upside (exactly what we would say about him if he was at another club)
Complete lack of takent in the NRL?? Huh?? 🤔 I must be watching a different game.

I see the whole feeling and consensus on here about Schuster has made a drastic change since the time of his extension. Hate to say it... but told you so!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8