The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He’s still earning more than me for the next 3 years. And I meet all my targets, and rarely eat fast food.

I’m sorry he couldn’t respond to cherry’s wake up call last year. It was pretty clear manly was on board if Josh could knuckle down.

I’m sorry, but how pathetic when you can’t discipline yourself to stop eating fast food junk as a professional sports person

We can all be guilty of having too much fast food especially when it's so convenient and easy to buy.
I'm just as guilty as most people of being lazy and grabbing KFC on the way home instead of cooking something decent but if my boss said we are going to pay you $800,000 a year but you can't eat junk food except for maybe once every few months I wouldn't even think twice about it, would agree straight away.

It seems like he has a lot of issues going on and being at Manly isn't the right place for him, especially when a great mate died at the club in his arms.
If he can be signed up at the right club that can find a way to manage him he will become the star that he should be.
I hope he does find his way just as long as he doesn't play a role in beating us in a grand final.

We can all be guilty of having too much fast food especially when it's so convenient and easy to buy.
I'm just as guilty as most people of being lazy and grabbing KFC on the way home instead of cooking something decent but if my boss said we are going to pay you $800,000 a year but you can't eat junk food except for maybe once every few months I wouldn't even think twice about it, would agree straight away.

It seems like he has a lot of issues going on and being at Manly isn't the right place for him, especially when a great mate died at the club in his arms.
If he can be signed up at the right club that can find a way to manage him he will become the star that he should be.
I hope he does find his way just as long as he doesn't play a role in beating us in a grand final.
Yeah, well said, Duff. I didn’t want to sound condescending. I reacted specifically to the fast food aspect… the reason being you captured well in your first paragraph. That part I found really hard to swallow as a fan watching his fall. The other stuff, we don’t know exactly (particularly the historical family stuff)… I wish him well in healing and taking his wisdom from it all.

Especially when you are being paid $800k for the privilege. I'd give up fast food for that amount of money.
Just to be clear, my frustration with the junk food was specifically because he is a well-paid professional sports person. I don’t care if people choose to eat junk, that’s up to them… but, making that choice while collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars AND not performing, stinks.

At a guess, his best mate died in the Manly training facilities. He then had to relive that all at the start of the year through court proceedings, and every day he walks into the Manly facilities it is a reminder of it. Hopefully getting away from that every day will help the bloke
We have all lost people close to us in different circumstances. The best thing you can do is to try and make those people proud of you.... Do it for them. I can't see how anyone can be proud of Schu's efforts. He is typical of a lot of young people nowadays... It's all me me me. He has to be the centre of attention. Someone needs to be hard with him and remind him that a footballers career is over in the blink of an eye. By the time he comes to terms with it it's too late. I hate to see him wasting his talent and I guess his best mate Keith wouldn't be best pleased too. It may sound harsh but so what, someone needs to give him a real good shake

If Manly has the option of dissolving the contract due to not meeting performance based contracts and they decide to pay Josh 200 K for the next 3 year they should stipulate that all of the money goes to Josh. Tartak should get nothing as he didn't look after the welfare of his client.

I wonder if the $600k we give him to go away, comes totally out of this years cap, or we carry the legacy for another 3 years

Paying Schu $400K for 2024 and $200K/season for 2025-27 (= $1M) seems like a very good outcome for us. Worst case scenario could've been we had to pay $800k + $2.4M for 4 years (= $3.2M). Hopefully Schu has a very good outcome at the end of all this too.
And having the 1m staggered out over this year and the following 3 yrs, takes the pain out of it a bit.

So, from my understanding, with him not meeting performance goals set up in the contract, we actually don't owe him anything but are doing this out of the goodness of our hearts. If that is the case, I do applaud management for standing by a young man who has put in a lot of effort and has suffered some pain during his years at the club.

Yes but at $800k p.a. he could also afford a good psychologist.

Seriously what other profession tolerates an employee on that kind of money being totally useless for it?
I’m almost certain the club would provide welfare support and psychologists for players in these sort of circumstances.

So, from my understanding, with him not meeting performance goals set up in the contract, we actually don't owe him anything but are doing this out of the goodness of our hearts. If that is the case, I do applaud management for standing by a young man who has put in a lot of effort and has suffered some pain during his years at the club.
It's good for him.

But it sets the club, the cap, the fans back for the next 2.5 years (because that's 1.5 top 30 players).

Tell you what, those Dragons negotiators must be worth their pinch.

Mario Tartak has really bent our club over, and gone in dry the last 3-4 years.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8