The not-so Magnificent 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1666336660418.jpeg

Live images of the select few screeching lefties that wanted the magnificent 7 gone lmao. 2 re-signed in 2 days.
LFG! Gun players, look forward to seeing them tear up in ‘23.

Not if we don't factor in the religious beliefs of a large group of our players.
At the expense
That word is so vague as to be next to useless. The only way to be totally inclusive is to have no standards whatsoever. The best way to be truly inclusive in the context of a footy team is to keep it about the footy.
Ideally it should be about football! Our club through its lack of communication and dysfunction took liberties with the coach and our players and it caused a train wreck that the team never recovered from.

At the end of the day it was about a jersey and people who signed on to the NRL values decided they were bigger than the team. It is done now and hopefully lessons are learned when we have the same issue next season.

At the expense

Ideally it should be about football! Our club through its lack of communication and dysfunction took liberties with the coach and our players and it caused a train wreck that the team never recovered from.

At the end of the day it was about a jersey and people who signed on to the NRL values decided they were bigger than the team. It is done now and hopefully lessons are learned when we have the same issue next season.
Why should we have the same issues next year?... just play the game and play the rounds that are allocated to "celebrations".... there was no Rainbow round that day and it shouldn't have happened...actually it should never happen.... WE are one and we are many...isnt that the theme?

I am not left or right wing,but it is hard to see criticism of the 7 from people who have lived a life that is different from theirs but expect them to have the same principles,ethics,morals,views on humanity and how the world works(should work).
The very least the club,the NRL and people in general should do is to start conversing with this demographic and do their best to at least try to open minds instead of ridiculing.(yay social media)
The attitude of people on here as to why have the individuals/group not gone to the media and explained themselves instead of getting the club to broker this themselves to try to explain the clubs process is disappointing(cue the BS)
Interesting to see that Saab and Ola have both so far re-signed.

Last edited:
So over the rainbow jersey saga. There will always be different views and some of these views will insist there is only one way ( their way) to see it.
I don’t think this thread is about football anymore….. not sure it ever was. Maybe it should be sent to its pasture where these kind of threads go to slowly die. The silvertails version of the afterlife. The general forum. amen.

So over the rainbow jersey saga. There will always be different views and some of these views will insist there is only one way ( their way) to see it.
I don’t think this thread is about football anymore….. not sure it ever was. Maybe it should be sent to its pasture where these kind of threads go to slowly die. The silvertails version of the afterlife. The general forum. amen.
Si,but whenever people on this site,religiously(lol)follow Instagram it will never happen.
Is there a rainbow pill?
Or is that paradise?

Last edited:
Your a smart cookie mate and i dig your input on most stuff but ………Step aside @Red Pill , i will show you how to kill a thread

OK …………..DCE lovers. I need 3 examples of DCE taking the ball to the line this season
game,
time

examples, not feelings
being caught with the ball is different
no stats , your eyes
nothing from 2013 allowed

examples given will determine your feel/ understanding for the game.

and thread dies in 3…….2………..

Si,but whenever people on this site,religiously(lol)follow Instagram it will never happen.
Is there a rainbow pill?
Or is that paradise?
Like your thinking. We kind of need a soma pill like in brave world to better cope with all the irrationality.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Your a smart cookie mate and i dig your input on most stuff but ………Step aside @Red Pill , i will show you how to kill a thread

OK …………..DCE lovers. I need 3 examples of DCE taking the ball to the line this season
game,
time

examples, not feelings
being caught with the ball is different
no stats , your eyes
nothing from 2013 allowed

examples given will determine your feel/ understanding for the game.

and thread dies in 3…….2………..
Nice strategy… should maybe also ask for try saving tackles as well….

I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed but it seems to me that blind adherence to a religious "construct" is by definition the very meaning of irrationality.

I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed but it seems to me that blind adherence to a religious "construct" is by definition the very meaning of irrationality.
Hit agree - but not about the sharpest tool in the shed bit!

That sounds like a winner for the lawyers, doesn't it. I wonder if there's any hope in hell (that I don't believe in) that if they have another "inclusive" round and it gets promoted as the NRL wanting to include everyone NOT just as a "gay pride" round (which I don't think they actually did anyway ..... did they??) (ie LGBQT+, people with overtly displayed religious beliefs, diverse ethnicity etc etc) that our blokes would not boycott the game?? I'm wondering if they might be just looking for a way to get around their belief by having it reframed?? I don't know. And I probably shouldn't even go there. I successfully avoided the whole discussion previously. I think I should return to that approach.
Personally think that players from any sporting code should just get on with it in wearing or incorporating the theme with whatever virtual social issue at the time that may get some attention but with the opportunity or availing themselves the opportunity to express their own individual stance or outlook to the general public . Omitting any particular jersey addition might be a bit more difficult but rightly or wrongly just can "t see how players can be compelled to wear a certain [ or partial ] themed jersey if it is genuinely contrary to their or some of their personal beliefs . Maybe just have very prominent markings on the field or occasionally on the big screen or around the ground and take the jersey equation out of the matter entirely . That way too there would be a bit more emphasis and responsibility on the N R L collectively who seem to be shirking their role a bit and quite content to let a club like Manly take all of the fall out , despite approving the whole exercise on the side . Anyway , has to be a solution or compromise somehow to avoid a repeat of the really serious level issue last season for Manly .

Agree, but not all constructs are religious some are equally dogmatic in intolerance. Like some of the ideology being peddled around the world atm. An example being that the western world at certain levels can no longer define what a women is this is completely irrational in my mind. Best off keeping sport out of politics imo.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8