The NRL Conspiracy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Does the NRL rig/fix games?

• Yes

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Yep and Ch nein commentators today were all riding the Knights to get home. It was pathetic how biased they were towards them and the bunker fukwit just backed it up. It was clearly rubbish to sin bin Koula and award that try to Crossland. All within minutes and it was game over.
YEP !!!!

The Crossland and Ponga tries would not have been allowed against any other team in the comp.

The marzhew one would be a 50/50. Against say souths for example it would have been called back for a play the ball where marzew was tackled.

100% this.
I’m still gobsmacked at the Crossland try. If that happened in the field of play and was a Captains challenge, it’d be ruled a knock on any day of the week. Woeful decision to award that.

So the organization that could not organize a piss up in a brewery can run a sophisticated conspiracy?

Maybe just accept as long as we have humans in the game and have allowed complexity to creep into what should be a simple game we will always get clangers like today

So the organization that could not organize a piss up in a brewery can run a sophisticated conspiracy?

Maybe just accept as long as we have humans in the game and have allowed complexity to creep into what should be a simple game we will always get clangers like today
If that is the case why do we need a Bunker run by a human? Isn't it just one more layer of mediocracy?

If that is the case why do we need a Bunker run by a human? Isn't it just one more layer of mediocracy?
100%. This is why I don't get it. We try too hard to objectify the game. It's a game. It doesn't need to be perfect. The constant striving for perfection has led us further and further away from attaining it and all to the detriment of the spectacle.

I can accept human error in its purest form. What I can't accept is human error after we kill the spontaneous excitement of the present moment to check something, only to get it wrong time and time again anyway.

I know it's been said ad nauseam but Gus Gould is right - bunker for groundings in the in goal only, the referee's whistle (with assistance from the touch judges) for everything else. They won't get it right all the time, but they're not getting right all the time anyway, so we might as well have our exciting present moment back in exchange.

I actually wonder if the NRL are dumb enough to think that the bunker is exciting for fans. Like we're on the edge of our seat wondering what the bunker will decide or something? They even ruined that when they started broadcasting the bunker's dialogue, instead of using the screen to put up try or no try. You cannot substitute the elation a fan feels when a player dives over for a try, but we don't get that any more. Now we sit with bated breath waiting for the 'try confirmed' icon to appear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen before cheering. How sad.

If there wasn't so much gambling money involved I could agree with you.

And then you had Gould on channel nine today constantly taking up the Knights.
Sickening.
He already did enough damage selling us the snake oil in the name of Barrett. Surely he did enough damage setting us back 10 years with him, and I wish he would stop talking or commentating Manly games. He was more nauseating than even Joey today.

NYEagle
Gould is unbelievable. Every ****ing game we play....Tigers, Tigers, Tigers.....Souths were destined to win.....Newcastle playing great, they could run away with this (when we're ****ing leading)....

And then you had Gould on channel nine today constantly taking up the Knights.
Sickening.
He already did enough damage selling us the snake oil in the name of Barrett. Surely he did enough damage setting us back 10 years with him, and I wish he would stop talking or commentating Manly games. He was more nauseating than even Joey today.

NYEagle
At the end of the day however, he has to go through life as one of the ugliest human beings you or I have ever set eyes upon.

He even has at least one child (a daughter) that looks like him. Poor kid.

Manly was burnt off in Newcastle two years ago over the corresponding weekend - Sun 30 May 21. That was when O’Brien deployed the trainers on the field to take their wounded off and hold up the play.

At least the calls to recruit Best haven’t re-emerged. What a moronic-looking dud.

Gould is unbelievable. Every ****ing game we play....Tigers, Tigers, Tigers.....Souths were destined to win.....Newcastle playing great, they could run away with this (when we're ****ing leading)....
You gotta admit we can make the dud teams look really good, Knights were all over us all game, 6-1 linebreaks, can't remember ours.

It sure is

It is driven by threads like this where there is a belief of a conspiracy when there are bad decisions which means that we search for perfection in referring which will never ever happen as long as there are

1. Rules open to interpretations
2. Fallible humans involved.

If there wasn't so much gambling money involved I could agree with you.
So now the gambling companies (and I assume all of them) are involved? This is something that goes on and no one has leaked it ever?

You understand how it sounds right

Some strange calls at weird times.....we seemed to be penalised 5 or 6 times for holding them down, when they were deadset standard tackles and then Grubgai tackles Garrick, bounces up and down on him for 5 seconds, then starts trying to slam him up and down off the ground - Play on
I thought there was an angle that showed the ball skimmed Saab for a Ponga knockon leading to a try and that lost ball that rolled forward, I'm 90% sure we will get an apology for it.
That said, we had some terrible defensive lapses down that right edge and Johns, Koula defensively were shocking.
The attack was getting it right first half with direct hard running playing to what we had to offer but became a shambles in that 2nd half.
Shu was running around in circles andthe support players he had outside him were flat footed like an U8's game, Weekes was rarely in the right place for a 2nd man play and it was all very awkward to watch, just no fluency.
I felt sorry for Croker as rightly suggested pre game if they can win the middle will give Manly a shot, well I thought he was super yesterday and the go forward created momentum that our backs should have made more of.
Back to the officiating, it was pretty obvious, you just had that bad feeling they were gunna screw us and they did, I will say also we didn't help ourselves with the usual 5 - 6 standout players carrying a bunch of blokes who looked uncommitted.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4