The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Accidentally opening his mouth?? No, sorry I don't buy it.

That was a straight up bite and should have been a send off.

Gamble has his 95kg body weight on top of him, his head is pushing forward onto the back of Wighton's head, and he has his arm wrapped around Wighton's mouth while still applying pressure to his head and upper body.

To me that's at least enough mitigating factors for the ref not to decide to send him off at that moment, but we'll see what the MRC say.

Fun Facts:

Allan Fitzgibbon took over coaching the Cronulla Sharks in 1988. They made the Finals under him in 1988 and 1989, playing 3 games ... and were 0–3.

Craig Fitzgibbon took over coaching the Cronulla Sharks in 2022. They made the Finals under him in 2022 and 2023, playing 3 games ... and are now 0–3.
Looks like the SMH people have been reading your posts;):
CC50CEEF-8061-4F09-9147-71739A4C1963.jpeg
6CB06204-1841-4BDC-BED2-4CA8F3A8F690.jpeg

Unless, Allan makes a coaching comeback, he won’t get a chance to ‘erase’ anything.

Gamble has his 95kg body weight on top of him, his head is pushing forward onto the back of Wighton's head, and he has his arm wrapped around Wighton's mouth while still applying pressure to his head and upper body.

To me that's at least enough mitigating factors for the ref not to decide to send him off at that moment, but we'll see what the MRC say.

I still don't buy it, and having just watched the replay of it again ... no chance that I ever will. That was a bite and Wighton should have been sent.

Bite marks on the arm. Saliva on the arm. A video replay showing Wighton biting Gamble's arm. What more evidence did they need for a send off??

I still don't buy it, and having just watched the replay of it again ... no chance that I ever will. That was a bite and Wighton should have been sent.

Bite marks on the arm. Saliva on the arm. A video replay showing Wighton biting Gamble's arm. What more evidence did they need for a send off??
Is a bite even a send off offense?

Clear bite and should have been sent. Will be on the sidelines for a bit old Jacky.

Chompy Jack

Bulldog Bitters Morrin got 8 weeks, Graham 12 weeks, sideshow Bob 4 weeks

4 - 12 weeks, I’d take a week, but couldn’t care less if he gets 12

Last edited:
Thought Ricky's presser was hilarious, said that they deserved to be in the 8 if not the top 4, come on Ricky, with a - 137 f/a hardly a resounding recommendation.
Ricky’s a tool. I have a couple mates who are Raiders fans and they have been wanting him gone for years.

Have said it on these boards, there’s really nothing between team 3 and team 13 this year. Any team on their day can beat the other. Very much a two horse race. They were rubbish yesterday, but they only team I can see being able to upset in the prelim is Newcastle. And they will need to be close to fully fit and play a near perfect game.

Ricky’s a tool. I have a couple mates who are Raiders fans and they have been wanting him gone for years.

Have said it on these boards, there’s really nothing between team 3 and team 13 this year. Any team on their day can beat the other. Very much a two horse race. They were rubbish yesterday, but they only team I can see being able to upset in the prelim is Newcastle. And they will need to be close to fully fit and play a near perfect game.
Sticky's an intimidating kinda guy, no one would dare tap him on shoulder for fear of copping a king hit.

One thing that stood out to me was that Gamble complained to the ref and said he was bitten but neither he or any of his teammates took that much offence to it to go after Wighton.
Surely if he thought it was intentional he'd want a piece of him, wouldn't he?
Didn't even give him a gobful.
It was all very matter of fact, does that lend any weight to Wighton's defence?

Finals without Manly is a DULL INSIGNIFICANT NON EVENT

1694417696814.png

Attachments

• 1694417801596.png
    1694417801596.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Agree @BOZO

But I am enjoying cheering on the Knights with my 10yr old who’s a big fan. The little man was at his fired up best cheering Ponga and the Knights home yesterday.

Shame manly fans ain’t experiencing those highs. Hopefully next year.
Good luck to your boy who is a big Knights fan and is enjoying watching the team that he supports making their fans and their club proud

I do not have any emotional excitement for any other team but Manly
I do hope the Knights go all the way and deliver a premiership for your boy @Waz13
A premiership win is a clubs Greatest Honour and the pinnacle of all the joys that footy can bring to the fans
1694419860485.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10