The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Joke..seriously..and basically nothing said about it after the game.. yeah Broncos were the better team but that call was terrible.. and they only lead by 12 at that point.
So it's a 12 point turn around really
Exactly, Johnston to his credit never mentioned it when interviewed. With the game still on the line, it's just unacceptable in a semi final.

Joke..seriously..and basically nothing said about it after the game.. yeah Broncos were the better team but that call was terrible.. and they only lead by 12 at that point.
Well yes 100%
NZ get the ball off a penalty, which is the case in a blatant 5m forward pass
Kick for touch from halfway
Attack from 20m out
Try - within 6 - 8 points rather than 4 tries behind....big, big difference
I'll say it only once, get on Penrith next week by 11 - 20 points

Well yes 100%
NZ get the ball off a penalty, which is the case in a blatant 5m forward pass
Kick for touch from halfway
Attack from 20m out
Try - within 6 - 8 points rather than 4 tries behind....big, big difference
I'll say it only once, get on Penrith next week by 11 - 20 points
Correct my point exactly and it's a massive...what if..
The Broncos can play and they will give the Panthers a game..
But calls like that really need to be headlining and the NRL need to own the issue and sack refs that make these howlers

Well, it was written in the wind from a long way back. It'll be a good match up, and highly entertaining just need the men in white to get their s@#% together, this howlers can't be happening in a GF.

Aa
Well, it was written in the wind from a long way back. It'll be a good match up, and highly entertaining just need the men in white to get their s@#% together, this howlers can't be happening in a GF.
A long way back when the ‘independent’ company scheduled all the broncos games in qld apart from 3, as well as most of them scheduled on a Friday night, disgracefully bias

Aa

A long way back when the ‘independent’ company scheduled all the broncos games in qld apart from 3, as well as most of them scheduled on a Friday night, disgracefully bias
Yeah, it'll always be this way, massive audiences guaranteed in Bris, = huge money earner for the NRL.

Seems to me looking at it, Walsh's pass went so far forward because he lost control of the ball in his hands just as he was in the motion of passing it, which the bunker could have called a knock on.

Or just rule it was a deliberate forward throw. The bunker happily makes calls on whether a player batted a ball forward.

Last edited:
Could you imagine the blow ups and hysteria today if that was Manly instead of the Broncos. There'd be calls to replay the game, rort, rip-off, news headlines all day. Just like the carry on with the hand of Foran against the Cows years ago even though we way outplayed them.

Seems to me looking at it, Walsh's pass went so far forward because he lost control of the ball in his hands just as he was in the motion of passing it, which the bunker could have called a knock on.

Or just rule it was a deliberate forward throw. The bunker happily makes calls on whether a player batted a ball forward.
It's just ludicrous that the bunker can't intervene on forward pass decisions, and the Walsh pass was the sort that the bunker could of tipped of the ref, no excuses.

What has happened to the rule/penalty for deliberately passing the ball forward?
I have seen it applied for many years. Is it still in the rule book?
It would allow the Bunker to prevent such forward pass 'tries' from being awarded.
The rules around the Bunker are a joke and invariably make our sport look amateurish.

What a boring finals series (other than the Canberra-Newcastle game), but on a positive note congrats to the great Matt Ballin for his work to help the Broncos to the grand final.

NYEagle
You have to wonder about the merits of playing finals. Yes, they generate great revenue for TV and the NRL/AFL, but have a look at which teams are contesting the grand finals of the NRL and AFL...
that's right, the teams that finished 1 and 2 in the regular season; the best two teams.

What a boring finals series (other than the Canberra-Newcastle game), but on a positive note congrats to the great Matt Ballin for his work to help the Broncos to the grand final.

NYEagle
Well at least the GF won't be boring, plenty of trys in it you would think.

What has happened to the rule/penalty for deliberately passing the ball forward?
I have seen it applied for many years. Is it still in the rule book?
It would allow the Bunker to prevent such forward pass 'tries' from being awarded.
The rules around the Bunker are a joke and invariably make our sport look amateurish.
Still in the rule book. I can remember in the early 1990s Michael O'Connor for Manly getting penalized for it.

The sooner the finals are over the better
All this finals fever vibe around me is making me sick
Finals without Manly is a total anticlimax to the year
Finals without Manly is absolutely Fcked

It is about time we stop living in the past
and start living up to our Legendary clubs Greatness
and start winning Grand finals once again
1695526952537.png

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16