The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is the infatuation with wingers coming in to defend in the modern game? All 3 penny tries I believe could have been stopped and wingers all came in early and unnecessarily. And it's not just the Storm tonight, obviously. Happens all the time.
But they all do it and from every club, maybe we have to give credit to the plays that are put on for these trys to be scored.

I think Warriors will spring an upset tomorrow.

All the pressure on the Broncos
I have the same odd feeling, Disco. The Warriors have done well in preliminary finals before, and have pulled off some big upsets. And if things start going wrong for the Broncos, they might start to remember how they finished last season and fold…

Then again, the Broncos could flog them. :)

But they all do it and from every club, maybe we have to give credit to the plays that are put on for these trys to be scored.
TBH, I much prefer seeing the defensive structure by the pennies for the Storm's first try. Yes, it was a bad miss by the centre on Olam, but To'o stayed out on the wing with his man, and the try was simply a poor individual effort. To me, that is a much more sustainable defensive structure than what the Storm have been trying at the other end, and what we see all too often. I recall Manly being guilty of this more than most over the last how ever many seasons.

#11 for Storm is stinking it up too. Threw that horrendous pass to Olam to blow a try in the first half (when scores were 4-4), and then drops the ball early in the second half.

What the farrrkkk is Meaney doing? Two consecutive garbage passes in his own 20. Asking for trouble.

I posted too soon. Meaney added a 3rd $hit pass in the same set, and the last one cost his team possession. Wow!
Mick Neaney is a pretty fair player, but he’s not in Papensmearen’s class, and it’s another reason why the Squall look like they’re about to bow out for 2023.

Mick Neaney is a pretty fair player, but he’s not in Papensmearen’s class, and it’s another reason why the Squall look like they’re about to bow out for 2023.
Yeah, he's had a pretty decent year, and done better than I expected... but tonight. Wow!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8