The point in the game i knew we were in trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Early in the first half turbo took a kick and was tackled by kafusi(i think) around the legs.
he was able to get straight up to play the ball and then remi smith comes in and smashes him.
the ref did s.f.a.
at that point it was obvious that they could do whatever in the ruck to dampen our attack, thus dictate the game....
and they did.
we didn't help things with silly errors either

With our discipline and (lack of) intensity we weren’t ever a chance, storm didn’t have to try too hard as we parted the seas. That was a wake up call but not because of how good the storm were, but because of how absolutely ****ing shambolic we were

Forwards were absolutely horrible, the worst I can recall from any forward pack in a finals game and our right edge had a shocker for the ages (in attack and defence). Drop Taupau or Aloiai. Taupau should be a leader but he only lead us face first into the ground. Aloiai isn’t ready after a big injury layoff. I’d start Paseka, put Aloiai to the bench and put Sipley on the bench for Taupau. Or keep Taupau because he’s “experienced”, but he most certainly hasn’t looked experienced these last few weeks.

Walker and Saab were the only respectable performers and Walker was the only one playing with finals intensity.

Games against bulldogs, cowboys, raiders and the sharks was not a good lead up to this game. We were gunshy, ill disciplined and moped around when things didnt go our way.

The point I knew we were in trouble was Harper’s early error (not sure if it was due to DCE’s poor pass or Harper’s hands) which led to the first Storm try. Showed we weren’t ready to respect the ball and sure enough Melbourne punished us for it. Really set the tone for how we played the whole night.

Early in the first half turbo took a kick and was tackled by kafusi(i think) around the legs.
he was able to get straight up to play the ball and then remi smith comes in and smashes him.
the ref did s.f.a.
at that point it was obvious that they could do whatever in the ruck to dampen our attack, thus dictate the game....
and they did.
we didn't help things with silly errors either
Or when they send a try up as no try double movement and the bunker has zero vision and awards it

Yeah, the ref signalled pretty early on that it was open slather and the Storm, as they always do, took full advantage.

But really, we were never going to recover from such a poor start. I know Harper should have caught that pass, but I still think DCE should never have thrown it. We looked like we were starting to make inroads and I'm sure if he had his time again he would have taken the tackle.

I knew when we ****ed up the kickoff return
There you have it. Way to start a game.

No point whinging about refs, they are always going to officiate finals differently. Offside and slowing down ruck will be a given for the next 4 weeks - we need to adapt.

The first kick off when we struggled to get out of our in-goal...

the 1on1 strip from Munster is when I became convimced we were well and truly f***ked...

The point I knew we were in trouble was Harper’s early error (not sure if it was due to DCE’s poor pass or Harper’s hands) which led to the first Storm try. Showed we weren’t ready to respect the ball and sure enough Melbourne punished us for it. Really set the tone for how we played the whole night.
Yep that was the first sign. It was a lack of communication. Lionel dropped inside and Chez wasn't expecting it but threw the pass anyway. Lead to the right side being gun shy all night.

First 4 tackles on Tom were with intent to hurt him, Kafusi pit one around his head first touch, Remis tried to snap him in half. The game plan was clear.

I thought we were in trouble from the moment we our first tackle of the march was 2 meters out from our own line.

I think I participated in the loss just as much as the players. I’ve been praising Lionel since he got the gig. But really his last cpl of starts have been ordinary. I watched that MWSE inside the 80 (I think it’s called). And I loved him showing off his daughter, and twin boys. He was so chuffed. But some evil thought crossed my mind. Is Olam going to shut down your fairytale next game?. Well he did, and then some. I’m hoping he will come back bigger and better with that experience. He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to stay down to long.

I think I participated in the loss just as much as the players. I’ve been praising Lionel since he got the gig. But really his last cpl of starts have been ordinary. I watched that MWSE inside the 80 (I think it’s called). And I loved him showing off his daughter, and twin boys. He was so chuffed. But some evil thought crossed my mind. Is Olam going to shut down your fairytale next game?. Well he did, and then some. I’m hoping he will come back bigger and better with that experience. He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to stay down to long.
Thank goodness he wasn't picked at the start of the season - he looks very fatigued.

The first high tackle against manly ignored. I think it was on Parker shortly followed by Harper knocking on the first time, leading to Melbournes first try.
The double movement for Kenny Bromwich try, the replay showed him pushing the ball forward ever so slightly. But cant blame the bunker as their eyes are painted on.
The one on one steal from Munster on Harper.
The elbow by Munster ignored, but the love tap penalised.
The 2nd high tackle from Melbourne, this time on Dylan Walker ignored.
DCE throwing the ball into Olams face after making a half break.
Every fractionally high tackle against Melbourne pinged.
The 10s of laying on manly players at the start of every set ignored.
Harper knocking on several times and forgetting how to tackle Olam.
The high tackle from Papz on Garrick ignored.

And the worst one was that it looked like Trbo wasnt even trying in the 2nd half.

Yeah, the ref signalled pretty early on that it was open slather and the Storm, as they always do, took full advantage.

But really, we were never going to recover from such a poor start. I know Harper should have caught that pass, but I still think DCE should never have thrown it. We looked like we were starting to make inroads and I'm sure if he had his time again he would have taken the tackle.
DCE... take a tackle... @:D @:D @:D

I knew we were in trouble from the kick off when we were nearly trapped in goal because we allowed a kick to bounce!

Also the first time we tried to expand, spilled the pill and they scored directly from it. We never recovered from that frankly!
Wasn't the first kick off we let bounce this year, and even this game. It's farrrking amateurish to say the least

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10