The real problem with Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I reckon Parker goes alright, not sure why he keeps getting so much hate.

Lets wait until the $900k annual penalty isnt affecting our ability to sign depth before we throw the baby out with the bath water.

I feel we've forgotten very quickly that we're still being punished for cap breaches. Depth is heavily affected and its showing.
How are we still being punished for cap punishments? That reduction ended last year

Kevinward777

First Grader
Metcalfe would not have stopped those 2 tries Funa did and he would have been thrown into the stands numerous times where Funa made ground a got quick play the balls.Miski needs to come in for Jorge and at least Garrick has some pace but needs to play a little tougher,started ok but did not last...
Funa was good! Hopoate? @frank stokes?

Ryan

Journey Man
Not trying to be argumentative here guys, but my honest opinion, is our clubs starting 1, 6 & 9 have been out pretty well all season (and our best centre now). When they were in at the start, we were one of the top teams (and would have been top 2 if some blunders in the video box ALA Parramatta at the time).

Also,we have players returning, or playing through injury.

People forget:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

with Brendan Elliott, Tevita Funa, Corey Waddell, Jack Gosi etc to step up if required.

I think this is a patience year guys. That's all. Damn those injuries to hell...but let's get em out of our system to have a healthy season next season.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
All this talk of moving on crap players but unless they are on big money we aren't realistically signing anyone that's gonna make a difference.

JAC is gonna get a huge deal from the bunnies or roosters because of course he is.

Letting Api leave was terrible business.

I hate to say it but if Marty is on close to 800K or whatever is reported then he has got to be let go so we can sign some depth. We can't have three props eating 2.5m of our cap. And yes Jake is basically a prop.
In my opiniom out of the big three, hell even throw taupau, walker and afb in there.. jakes contract is almost as big of a mistake as cherrys. Out of the players above your getting close to value for money on the park. Jake is solid but I think overrated and massively overpaid. Alot will kick me for saying it but I can't help but think its the truth. Ofcourse I like jake and want him in the team but not for 900k for the next 6 years!

Metcalfe would not have stopped those 2 tries Funa did and he would have been thrown into the stands numerous times where Funa made ground a got quick play the balls.Miski needs to come in for Jorge and at least Garrick has some pace but needs to play a little tougher,started ok but did not last...
At least Metcalfe has a passing game. Funa is a straight up centre and a damn good one. We created a few 3 on 2 plays and Funa ran himself. Funa did save a couple tries and I want him in my backline everyday BUT for team balance we need a ball playing Fullback option.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was hoping with a clear run of games at 5/8 that Cust would step up and make it hard for Walker to get the spot back.
He has been unable to do that.
He does have some ability but it's just not easy to come in as a rookie half and organise the players around you.
We have him signed up now so happy to see him as a work in progress but he has a fair way to go, and no way he's pushing Walker out of the halves. Maybe next year.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why is no one blaming DCE... not worth the coin he is on.
Because he tries hard. That's his KPI around here. It's clear he can't be the stallion without his teaser pony Tommy. There's no way he wears the number 7 if they picked the Australian side tomorrow. So horribly out of form.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Parker, Garrick, Jorge are SO FAR behind Melbourne and Easts third string replacements it ain’t it funny. If people fail to see this fact, then meh! Farkin corrupt as.

Funa’s a goodun Cue the farkin weak sooks.
have you thought why we have these weak players?

Shad

Oh here he is again. Blah blah blah DCE Blah blah Blah ****e Blah blah blah DCE....... Oh and i bet you couldn't put in a better kick than Dce because after 38 seconds you would be blowing so hard they would need the oxygen out for you.... amazing the confidence you have from the sofa mate...
Mate just go back and have a look at the last 6 games and besides all no options on the last add all the missed tackles that led to try’s

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Ale Berry Devans is the problem.. he has forgotten how to play the game. He cant put up a decent kick to save his life, he is lost on the last and cannot get a repeat set. That last play summed him up perfectly kicks to Munster on the full a nothing hopeless kick I swear i can put in a better kick and they score off that kick immediately! :( i wait all week to watch this has been do NOTHING! 5 losses in a row and tigers will smoke us next week. They can score we cannot.. just a lucky forward strolling through. Thats on dce he cannot create and dont get me started on cust and levi... fmd we suck ass!
DCE can create mate, he is the only decent player out there FFS. Have a look at the back line and hog Siro, and the service he gets from hooker.
DCE could come up with 4 try assists and you would still say it's not good enough. Put DCE in a Penrith side and he would kill it. Give the DCE bashing a rest. He needs a better half partner, a hooker, some outside backs, back rowers that can pass, Turbo etc etc. If they were all playing and he could not come up with consistent footy, I will agree with you.

Put any other half in Manly current side the way they keep making stupid errors and you reckon it would make any difference?

madmax

Bencher
All this talk of moving on crap players but unless they are on big money we aren't realistically signing anyone that's gonna make a difference.

JAC is gonna get a huge deal from the bunnies or roosters because of course he is.

Letting Api leave was terrible business.

I hate to say it but if Marty is on close to 800K or whatever is reported then he has got to be let go so we can sign some depth. We can't have three props eating 2.5m of our cap. And yes Jake is basically a prop.
I’d get rid of Jake before Marty! He & AFB were our best tonight.....

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was hoping with a clear run of games at 5/8 that Cust would step up and make it hard for Walker to get the spot back.
He has been unable to do that.
He does have some ability but it's just not easy to come in as a rookie half and organise the players around you.
We have him signed up now so happy to see him as a work in progress but he has a fair way to go, and no way he's pushing Walker out of the halves. Maybe next year.
Today wasnt one of his best games agree 100%.but I think he has shown enough over the last few weeks to see us persist with him.Everything he did today pretty much didint work ,pretty much from the start with that kick into the in goal taken on the full.
Also Melbournes line speed/being serially offside didnt give him much room .He is always looking to try something and never gives up .

winnyason

Bencher
Our cap as we know is big issue
Since 2017 we only added of quality Joel Thompson and Suli and lost Kelly, Green, Api.
Having 3 players on a million which is 30 percent of our cap is huge risk and where getting caught with our pants down. With Tom on sidelines with Walker for alot of season makes it bloody hard to win games.
The Hooker debacle on top of all this and this is why we at the point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16