The real reason the coach is a dud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Barrett has confirmed his status as a full time rookie coach in tonight's press conference. He speaks, responds and reacts like he's still a player, not a coach. A once mighty club like Manly cannot continue like this. It's over.
His first words in the presser were about the players' feelings of hurt.:confused:

Baz should have said that Manly's defensive effort was not NRL standard and players will be hitting the training field to address that :wait:

Our RHS scored the tries but of LHS lets more in :banghead:

Robinson was criticized for spending the majority of the season on defense. He is quoted as saying that the attack is a byproduct and defensive drills have to become as natural :nod:

I know I have posted this before but

Decision made with 'heavy heart': Penn

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn says the decision to terminate Geoff Toovey’s coaching contract at the end of this season was one made with a ‘heavy heart’.

Although contracted as Head Coach for 2016, the club has decided to honour Toovey’s contract in full until the end of next season in recognition of his legacy to the Sea Eagles for almost three decades.

Penn said it was a difficult decision but one made in the best interest of the club’s future.

“Geoff is a legend of the club, a life member and one of our longest serving players. It is obviously an emotional time for our fans and for our players,’’ Penn said.

“As a club, we are a results driven business. We live and die by our results on the field. 2015 has not been a season we are used to. The thought of potentially missing the finals after Ten years of consecutive Final appearances is not a place we want to be as a Club.

“This year we have been conscious of making decisions based on our results. Ten weeks ago, we were on the bottom of the ladder, both of our halves were leaving, and we didn’t have a lot of hope for the future.

“I had a frank conversation with Geoff in March to say we are going to be watching results closely this year. We don’t want to make any rash decisions but if the team is not performing as we want to, you and I are going to have to have a tough conversation. Unfortunately, we have had that tough conversation.”

Penn said the club had undertaken an exhaustive process to make sure the right processes were in place for 2016 and beyond, to ensure the Club were once again Premiership contenders.

He said the board decided to give Geoff time to hopefully turn the team’s performance around without making a ‘rash decision’ 10-12 weeks ago.

“There have been a lot of changes behind the scenes. We bought in some advisors to help with that process and what that has done has given us hope for the future,’’ Penn said.

“We have signed a number of marquee players for next year and we have a lot of hope around the club. The fact is we didn’t believe we had the best coaching structure in place at that point of time and we have decided to make some significant changes for 2016.”

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/29/decision-made-with-heavy-heart-penn/

Man Scott penn and co are absolutely destroying this club with the help of TB.. 2V's was never this poor results wise.

He won't come back nor should he but 2V's would be hurting so much seeing how his beloved manly sea eagles is right now.

The old adage is what you sow is what you reap!! Shame that only applies to one and not others. The decisions made in 2015 are devouring our beautiful club !!

Half of our team are all mouth, front and bull****. Barrett even said that when we played the roosters it was like men playing boys and that's not even to mention players that have played this year which to be honest and straight up, you could count the number of games on one hand that they have played. Mighty mouths that have PUT THEMSELVES ON THE SIDELINE. What good is that. We have players that start fights with there mouth but cant finish them. That's not Manly. We have become the fibros of the 70's with no brains. Another western suburbs with too much brawn and not enough skill to finish anything off. We have become opposite of what we have always stood for. The new age of footy has taken over the club and seems to be ripping through it like a cancer and we have very few in the club willing to stand up and do the right thing on and off the field. Our attitude and maturity has been nothing short of a disgrace off the field and on and if Arthurson was around and had any power they would be gone in a flash. We put up with it because its the age of footy that we are in so welcome to 2018 Manly. Its time to wake up. Like I said earlier in the year ever since Gladstone game we will be fighting to stay away from the spoon. I must admit I didn't think we would get it though but I could be wrong on THAT.

After most of the players went out and partied all weekend after getting rode over by The Panthers, having a great old time, Barrett imposes an alcohol ban mid week, with 5 weeks to go in the season! (So I've heard).

Hahahaha.

What a joke. As if they are going to listen to him anyways. His own captain completely disregarded what he said in Gladstone, and received a tiny slap on the wrist for it.

At least result doesn't affect this current group it seems.

Looking back on that now it's embarrassing for Mr Fluffy isn't it. He'd kill for Tooves' results right now I bet.

Totally warranted for some of the on field coaching tactics to be criticized and questioned for quite a few matches this season but this also in effect is giving the team and squad collectively and individually an easy out and opportunity to be absolved for many of their below standard and inconsistent efforts this season . In all fairness also and again, the injury factor has undoubtedly disadvantaged the team:s prospects this season . Also have almost lost track of the number of times this season where the games were there for the taking but the combination of lack of commitment and attention to detail at critical times. has really crueled their winning chances . Again not trying to make general excuses for this present Manly coaching staff and some of their obvious inadequacies but when the on field players are mainly responsible for these losing outcomes , not too sure how it can be justified to place or attribute most or all of the blame and responsibility on Barrett and co . Or if even any replacement coach would make much difference if the present playing squad and going forward can not or is not willing to get their act together to apply themselves better and put in for the full eighty . Also not to discount the still excellent contribution and marked improvement from some individual players at numerous times but regardless again who ever has the coaching reins at Manly with this current group squad , until the players as a unit can overcome their recurring inconsistency and inability to play cohesively for the full duration of any given match., think the i st grade side will continue to make life hard for themselves and the club .

I know I have posted this before but

Decision made with 'heavy heart': Penn

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn says the decision to terminate Geoff Toovey’s coaching contract at the end of this season was one made with a ‘heavy heart’.

Although contracted as Head Coach for 2016, the club has decided to honour Toovey’s contract in full until the end of next season in recognition of his legacy to the Sea Eagles for almost three decades.

Penn said it was a difficult decision but one made in the best interest of the club’s future.

“Geoff is a legend of the club, a life member and one of our longest serving players. It is obviously an emotional time for our fans and for our players,’’ Penn said.

“As a club, we are a results driven business. We live and die by our results on the field. 2015 has not been a season we are used to. The thought of potentially missing the finals after Ten years of consecutive Final appearances is not a place we want to be as a Club.

“This year we have been conscious of making decisions based on our results. Ten weeks ago, we were on the bottom of the ladder, both of our halves were leaving, and we didn’t have a lot of hope for the future.

“I had a frank conversation with Geoff in March to say we are going to be watching results closely this year. We don’t want to make any rash decisions but if the team is not performing as we want to, you and I are going to have to have a tough conversation. Unfortunately, we have had that tough conversation.”

Penn said the club had undertaken an exhaustive process to make sure the right processes were in place for 2016 and beyond, to ensure the Club were once again Premiership contenders.

He said the board decided to give Geoff time to hopefully turn the team’s performance around without making a ‘rash decision’ 10-12 weeks ago.

“There have been a lot of changes behind the scenes. We bought in some advisors to help with that process and what that has done has given us hope for the future,’’ Penn said.

“We have signed a number of marquee players for next year and we have a lot of hope around the club. The fact is we didn’t believe we had the best coaching structure in place at that point of time and we have decided to make some significant changes for 2016.”

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/29/decision-made-with-heavy-heart-penn/

Man Scott penn and co are absolutely destroying this club with the help of TB.. 2V's was never this poor results wise.

He won't come back nor should he but 2V's would be hurting so much seeing how his beloved manly sea eagles is right now.

We all know Toov's was sacked because of his alignment to Max Delmege , nothing to do with his coaching...

The bleeding hearts were happy to play Russian roulette with our history giving Trent a go...how is that going for you all now?
What difference would it have made if they hadn't?
The whole point is that it's not a club where members opinions matter, it's a loss making business where fans are irrelevant.

I didn't know that ...... mmmm sausage rolls.
Keep away from sausage rolls mate .
Processed meat and pastry products are full of trans-fats , they increase weight and increase the risk of coronary heart disease by raising levels of bad cholesterol.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10