The rule that cruelled us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
If that kick doesn't hit the ref we win. I'm 99% sure of that. There's 365 degrees you can kick the ball in but you hit the .5 of a degree that's straight at the ref. Imo if you can't aim away from the only ref in front of you you lose the ball. Not get a set of 12 for compensation.

That said i know it's the rule that's the game, but with 2 refs now surely they have looked at this? Last tackle ref marks ten then gets the fuk out of the way.

What a momentum killer. I might be bias but he didn't even try get out of the way. So disappointing. The boys deserved more tonight than to busy there arse only to be cruelled like that.

Strange rule, but not really sure what the alternative is. The problem is coming up with something black and white because the circumstances will change with one team getting a benefit when the play probably didn't deserve it. I'd say should be left up to the refs discretion but we know that would lead to even more controversy.

Correct if I'm wrong.

It's the refs discretion regarding if the attacking team is interfered.

They were not !!!

Funny how the scumdog players changed the refs decision.

I do. The rule currently is if you kick it into the ref it goes to the team in the attacking half. Its counter intuitive. If you are in the attacking half you have the advantage, you don't deserve the ball back back imo. You shouldn't be kicking it into him to begin with.

If it were the other way around it would be easier to swallow. Defensive side gets the ball because 9 times out if ten the set had been completed when a kick is taken. Kicking from your own half is rarely low enough to hit the refv given you are struggling for field positing and if you get it back through some freak of nature luck it's not as bad as a gruber knicking a refs leg 10 out after charging 90 mtrs down feild in a set doubling your tackle account and totally flipping game momentum.

If the kick is on the last tackle it should go to the defending team, not gift the attacking team an extra set of 6.

All teams really need to do is kick it towards the ref and if he can't get out of its path they will get the ball back for an extra set.

As it stands, its a BS rule but its been around since Moses was in nappies.

Thats what cost us that rule, it had no way any chance of the Dogs getting the ball back it really go's to show how much of a overhaul this comp need needs to go through ,Every team puts in week after week but some rule's and they way the game is administered clearly needs work

If you don't know what to do on the last play and the ref is standing in front of you.... You get the ball back 10 out.

Better result than a goal-line drop out.

Hey, just kick it towards the ref anyways, use the ref as a shepherd. Chases running through.

What a dumb rule.

HoldenV8 said:
If the kick is on the last tackle it should go to the defending team, not gift the attacking team an extra set of 6.

All teams really need to do is kick it towards the ref and if he can't get out of its path they will get the ball back for an extra set.

As it stands, its a BS rule but its been around since Moses was in nappies.

Exactly. How can you leave the possession of ball in the hand of the only team who have a say in wether. a kick hits the ref. Just so dodgy. However, dint b expect any meaningful review and rule change. They'll change something stupid in the off season like if your last name is Burgess or Bill-Williams you can't be suspended for shoulder charges.

Ridiculous rule and Clint's missus has nailed.

Go back and take it again. How they are gifted an extra set of 6 for that is beyond ridiculous. I know it's the rule....but it's a joke.

What happens if its a kick in goal and it hits the ref and the attacking team were going to score a try if it didn't hit him? Is that fair?

Masked Eagle said:
What happens if its a kick in goal and it hits the ref and the attacking team were going to score a try if it didn't hit him? Is that fair?

Yes it's fair you have the whole field to kick at.

Do you think what happened today was fair? You tackle them out of a chance at a shot they do a lazy kick and you get penalized for good defense and their dodgy attack

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7