The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is stepping up and explaining his decisions. Right or wrong, he’s explaining himself. Would you prefer he sticks his head in the sand and say nothing? That is much better than what we have had from the almighty magical mythical 7. I far from love the guy, but I’m much more upset by the 7 who won’t clarify or explain ****.
Sometimes things are best left unsaid. Scott Penn should take note.

Sack them all.
No,it's not a solution to anything. This from the same article I cite above

"The problem here is no one explained what the purpose of these games are to the players," Dr Denison said.
"We have not found that [backlash] with Pacific Islander players ourselves. The idea that this is a specific cultural group that is against ending discrimination, we haven't found that evidence...

..."No one helped these players at Manly, and then there's this pile-on that's totally unhealthy and totally unhelpful

Think the best thing is for Des and the coaching staff to get the playing group back together[ again which i am sure is happening now ] and just start the preparation for the Eels game . Sure that the 7 or 10 and rest of the squad would also just wish to resume some footy normality , and can just focus on finishing the season on a good note . Hopefully also the or some media vultures will be given no more or limited opportunity to keep stirring the pot or perpetuate the drama and things can just settle down again . With out doubt again , fault all round , also surprised that Des and the coaching staff did not see the possible or likely fall out either but again matters little now . Sure that the team can regroup and put all of the or much of the B S behind them The 7 or 10 have not done anything illegal , taken a questionable stand but still fully fledged Manly players in my book .Again just get the side playing footy again and start the necessary process if every one allows it and are fair dinkum to be a united playing group and club again in everything Manly best interests

The small thing so many seem to miss here is that
1 - Manly called it the inclusivity jersey (not pride)
2 - Penn said in answer to the question from the worm about would Manly do the pride jersey again 'We are all about inclusivity" he should have corrected Weidler and said it is an inclusivity Jersey
3 - Media started calling it pride jersey
4 - The magnificent 7 (or one of them) told Weidler they had not agreed to wear a "Pride" jersey
5 - Weidler gets himself another incendiary headline

The small thing so many seem to miss here is that
1 - Manly called it the inclusivity jersey (not pride)
2 - Penn said in answer to the question from the worm about would Manly do the pride jersey again 'We are all about inclusivity" he should have corrected Weidler and said it is an inclusivity Jersey
3 - Media started calling it pride jersey
4 - The magnificent 7 (or one of them) told Weidler they had not agreed to wear a "Pride" jersey
5 - Weidler gets himself another incendiary headline
But you can't use the pride symbol and say it is something else!
If you want to say that the jersey represents inclusivity, then surely you need to use or come up with its own symbol.

Sure that the team can regroup and put all of the or much of the B S behind them The 7 or 10 have not done anything illegal
Yes let the dust settle and regroup as a team but the issues underlying the split can't just be 'put behind them' or pushed back into a dark space and lock the door.
Des and DCE (as the apparent spiritual leaders of the club right now) will probably and hopefully be saying to everyone look, we'll have to talk about all this again, there are serious issues, but for now let's play footy together and win more games, which is why we are here. We're a team and we want to play finals.

Beautiful perspective dude. Big up, that made my bloody day and I spent that day sitting in a gorgeous bubbling stream in the Slovenian Alps. Maybe you should put your Cv forward to the soon to be recruiting marketing department
I'd rather put my CV forward to be your porter when you go on holidays. Slovenian Alps, nice.

I do not agree with their decision to stand down from our most important game of the year however I respected their decision based on their culture, beliefs etc. However, when it was reported that they were prepared to wear the jerseys next year I was pissed off with their flip flop. If they choose to sit out the game next year at least they are being consistent and true to their beliefs which in a weird sort of way is more acceptable to me. Do I want them to continue playing for our great club, the jury is still out on that one.

An indication of how wrong the 7 are - Tom Burgess comments on them in today’s SMH and I completely agree with him. I’ve never agreed with a burgess before.

His points: letting your team mates down, making marginalised people feel more marginalised, and why take a 2000 year old book literally, and if you do why do you choose to follow some parts and not others.

No,it's not a solution to anything. This from the same article I cite above

"The problem here is no one explained what the purpose of these games are to the players," Dr Denison said.
"We have not found that [backlash] with Pacific Islander players ourselves. The idea that this is a specific cultural group that is against ending discrimination, we haven't found that evidence...

..."No one helped these players at Manly, and then there's this pile-on that's totally unhealthy and totally unhelpful
that's a great article with excellent insights - I encourage all who are posting on this thread to read it. It really does identify the issues at play.

Last edited:
BFD36106-A57A-448F-8859-D7D48A86DD86.jpeg

They’re not sell outs.
Why would you accept them just being a billboard for political agendas?

I’m sure their teammates are all a lot more understanding and accepting of them.

I honestly don't care why they decided not to play, although I do find their apparent homophobia abhorrent (and before you say, "But they never said anything bad about gay people", their decision not to play in a game because the jersey had rainbows on it speaks volumes). They're paid to be footy players. They're not politicians or religious spokespeople. If their "religious and cultural beliefs" are that important to them - so important that they trump their obligations to their employers and teammates - then they should seek employment elsewhere.

Mate ... they never never never never said they wouldn't play ... they said they wouldn't wear a rainbow Pride jersey ... I am 100% certain had the NRL allowed them to wear their normal strip they would have all played ... in fact I am also almost certain they would have played in skins if allowed to ....

So save your indignation and for the numbnut power brokers who engineered this fiasco ... and even at the 11th hour didn't allow the 7 to be ... wait for it .... included ...

Now the enlightened ones from Mount Condescension have "educated" the "poor simple backward Islanders" and ... No NO NO you dear things .. the Rainbow Jersey is not a Gay pride Symbol anymore ... we have reinvented it as a symbol of inclusion ... you don't mind inclusion do you?

NO cried the grateful Islanders ... WE love Inclusion .... all sweet for next year Bro!

And in the wrap up of an eventful week ... it appears the only casualties are the numbnuts that can't seem to understand that some people value their family and religious principles and values above a football game .... SADLY for these people there is no pill or set of exercises that than get rid of this mentally debilitating condition .... however an expert has recommended that just the act of shutting up seems to give some relief ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8