The "superleague' beast returns. This time for football...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its exactly like Newslimited all those years ago. Come in offer stupid money and pick the carcus of whats left.
Funny thing is the governing bodies here are doing exactly what the ARL did. Threatening to ban clubs, players etc etc and its not even been announced yet.

Its exactly like Newslimited all those years ago. Come in offer stupid money and pick the carcus of whats left.
Funny thing is the governing bodies here are doing exactly what the ARL did. Threatening to ban clubs, players etc etc and its not even been announced yet.
I imagine PSG and Bayern Munich will be next on the hit list. If it does go ahead there will be a massive divide between the top twenty clubs and the rest. The gap is already enormous, but this would be something else.

I imagine PSG and Bayern Munich will be next on the hit list. If it does go ahead there will be a massive divide between the top twenty clubs and the rest. The gap is already enormous, but this would be something else.
Apprently the german clubs are saying no at the moment. Its just 1995 all over again just with lota more zeros added to the figures.

I'm a Spurs fan and disgusted in the proposal.

Anti competition, greed and self interest

It will destroy every domestic comp in Europe.

The teams in each comp will be like the old Brisbane clubs.

Bayern and Dortmund will be a tougher ask because of the ownership structure.

This to me seems like a) a move buy the UK clubs American owners to increase the value of their clubs (classic private equity move), and b) something orchestrated to save clubs like Barca who are broke.

It's interesting to me that Barca are apparently the most valuable club in the world when they are haemorrhaging cash, can't sign anyone and are basically willing to sell off their own mothers to make a decent signing. PSG/Citeh they are not. Even Bayern are way better off from the corporate portion of their ownership.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is all a ruse from Haaland's super agent so a club can actually get enough money to sign him

As a long term Man Utd fan, this decision to form this super league is all about greed. The rank and file fans of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea will overwhelmingly be upset about this.

Foreign owners have changed the face of the English game and flooded it with money.

Having lived in the UK, I understand the passion of what these clubs mean to their local communities and I also lived through the Super League farce here 95-97 that destroyed so much fabric in the game.

I hope that compromise can be reached before greed totally takes over!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4