The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No. What Manly needs is for some of the other lazy forwards to do some more work in defence so Jake doesn't have to keep covering for them.
I agree. Our forwards are extremely lazy. Jake really really misses AFB's grinding defence.

images (5).jpeg

New rules have done for Jake
Not fast mobile enough at 13
Not powerful enough at prop

But his heart and defence gets him in our side every time. None of the others are any better.
Agreed BUT is there a place for him at dummy half? Could we play him there for the first 20-25 minutes of each half? With Cust coming on to replace him? Does he have the ball distribution skills? It would shore up our ruck defence as well. Schuster to play 80 minutes and alternate between lock, edge and five-eight. Could he do a worse job than Croker is doing in that position?

Agreed BUT is there a place for him at dummy half? Could we play him there for the first 20-25 minutes of each half? With Cust coming on to replace him? Does he have the ball distribution skills? It would shore up our ruck defence as well. Schuster to play 80 minutes and alternate between lock, edge and five-eight. Could he do a worse job than Croker is doing in that position?
Perhaps mad Des could push some new trends in the game. IF, and I say "IF", Jake can distribute effectively from dummy half, it could be an interesting move. Obviously, Jake has been nullified in his effectiveness offensively over the past couple of seasons. If we can utilise him as a distributor from dummy half, in conjunction with a whippy player like Cust, and also take advantage of his steely defence ability with less minutes, it could be interesting

Life is not fair especially when our Legendary club has not won a game in the last 12 games
That is not Manly . That is Mediocrity

IMO
He is an under performing player in an under performing team
You’re entitled to your opinions, I personally believe Jake’s efforts are not up for discussion but I can see where you’re coming from when you rate his performances.

Life is not fair especially when our Legendary club has not won a game in the last 12 games
That is not Manly . That is Mediocrity

IMO
He is an under performing player in an under performing team
We have won a game in the last 12. Bulldogs 3rd last game last year. But the point is still the same.
I don’t agree re his performance though. Jake busts his arse out there every week. It’s the blokes around him that need to lift a bit at times. If Jake was playing in one of the top 4 teams and performing the way he does for us now, he’d be referred to as a warrior and the cement that keeps the pack together. Let’s hope they all play well tonight and we bitch that first win Bozo.

Jake puts in 110% every week. IMO the problem is the way that Des uses him. A player that works as hard as he does in defence can't be expected to that for 80 minutes week in and week out. And on top of that he has been used as a ball playing backrower. Our bench needs to be used appropriately sitting one out of seventeen on the bench for 70 minutes in the modern mayhem of a game is just madness.

Yep pretty much agree with what you’ve stated MT and I can’t understand those placing any blame on Jake, if every one in our squad showed the same desire and effort we’d be a better side for it, we are carrying far to many lazy players, jakes not one of them, the only sad thing for Jake is his leg speed, the poor blokes flat out doing 6km/ph and I’m worried for his future in the game, (i cringe thinking of his leg speed in 6 years time) his over worked and his fatigue and old fashion approach to slowing the game down is costing us with regard to the 6 agains and play the ball infringements he gets pinged for to often, we have paid overs to keep him and he will form part of our side for years to come, he is missing his bro more than most, I’m not sure where he fits in best, but he’ll be there, but game speed will force him from 13, the modern 13 has to be mobile, Murray and Yeo are perfect examples of that and will steel jakes rep jumpers based on that aspect alone, not saying he wont Play rep footy, just saying it won’t be with 13 on his back. We have far bigger problems than Jake, if all our boys gave what jake gives, I don’t think there’d be as much whinging going on, 80 minute efforts and the 1%ers can and will make a difference, Jake leads the way in that department.

It's a coaching decision how he's used, maybe people who can read the game better than I can will be able to justify it, but I'm not seeing the x factor that 900K is supposed to provide with Jake at the moment. He was much more potent in attack under Barrett
Bring back Barrett

It we want him to play with more impact he needs a breather. Then he might have the energy to hit blokes hard and bend the line occasionally. Quality over quantity I say. I think the only thing preventing it all is the lack of anyone else with the starch to make a bunch of tackles in the middle while he is off. This is an extension of the problem with not having a decent hooker.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Jake getting a few rests throughout the game? I feel with an occasional rest he could offer a little more from an attacking perspective.
In theory, this makes perfect sense. In reality, with the team we have atm, our middle would open up like floodgates. If we had a 9 like Ballin who could hold up the line, then absolutely Jake should be given a breather from time to time

We have won a game in the last 12. Bulldogs 3rd last game last year. But the point is still the same.
I don’t agree re his performance though. Jake busts his arse out there every week. It’s the blokes around him that need to lift a bit at times. If Jake was playing in one of the top 4 teams and performing the way he does for us now, he’d be referred to as a warrior and the cement that keeps the pack together. Let’s hope they all play well tonight and we bitch that first win Bozo.
IMO
A stand out player player does not have to play in a top 4 team to stand out
No stand out performances from Jake .

I am with you ..... I cannot wait for all of us to celebrate our first win

I have thought for a while now that he would benefit from a ten minute rest. We did that a few games ages ago, and had Darcy Lussick come on at lock for a few mins. When Jake came back on the field fresh, he was absolutely carving up in attack and defence. I'm all for it. Sirro could do the #13 role when he gets back in the side, too - or Keppie, as discussed earlier.

IMO
A stand out player player does not have to play in a top 4 team to stand out
No stand out performances from Jake .

I am with you ..... I cannot wait for all of us to celebrate our first win
Your 100% correct Bozo - we are all in control of our own destiny and performances in general...
Long ago a bloke named Terry Lamb won the best and fairest player of the year and played for the Western Suburbs Magpies who finished last....this show's a True competitor who has his own integrity and standards, not looking for the old excuse "I'm playing poorly because I'm in a bad team"

This saddens me, as i love jake as a person, role model and player... BUT... is he an 800k player?
I think his form is poor and hes not an 800+ player such as tino, fifita, taumalolo etc.

he is not offering much atm and doesnt provide much value for the price.... maybe worth 500k at best

I love his defense and his attitude and he has good ball playing skills but in this team that means nothing, and his go forward isn't great. None of our back rowers can punch through a defense.

This saddens me, as i love jake as a person, role model and player... BUT... is he an 800k player?
I think his form is poor and hes not an 800+ player such as tino, fifita, taumalolo etc.

he is not offering much atm and doesnt provide much value for the price.... maybe worth 500k at best
He is mr Plod 2.0

Slow, no offload and just a tackle bot.. needs to goto front row next season for marty. Aloiai has been great he made plenty of meters today. Feel sorry for him

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10