The Tool is at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Poor Scuzzbucket must be light on the hits to his column. Needs a commission boost so his bosses can add a six pack of tooheys new to go with his breakfast tomorrow morning facing another round ended where sharks are outright spooners.

Funny how ignores the point that if the players are upset, it shows how much they want to continue to play for the club, and since unlike other clubs, we avoid cheating to keeping players happy. our continued success is because we don't have "big spending years" to buy a comp and then knowingly have lean years to rebuild.

Of course Steve is going to look at his options. As deserving of it as he is, we are never going to add 4 years and those kind of $$ to his contract, because we just can't (thanks to NRL's directive in not rewarding loyalty) / nor do we need to the way the game is currently run, success on field and in the development / recruiting of juniors does that.. so if he can get it elsewhere, all power to him. We won't like it, sure but we all know we'd rather continued success than a sudden drop because we keep the same squad for 5 years.

Scuzz would love manly to pay overs for a few so it tears the roster apart and brings quality players on the market and sharks wouldn't have to resort to tiger and panther rejects continually.

BOZO said:
Why are we talking about losing players ????
Maybe we can start a new doom and gloom thread for the doom and gloomers LOL
where is our Manly never say die spirit !!!

Um, because they are all over 30.

Disgraceful, over-sensationalized crap, for the most part, again in the telecrap.

Focus on a solid run into the finals Manly boys, and ignore all the rumour & crap.
Let's get to the GF and take a good shot at the title!

Wow....I mean wow! Even when I think this guy can sink no lower and be a bigger tool he does. You can't help but be impressed by someone who continually surprises. How he can write this stuff when the Sharks are 1cm from total oblivion is just priceless. Rothtool should seriously be in politics, his method of misdirection when the Sharks are embroiled in the Asada scandal, Todd Carney, Losing their coach, their captain attacks their coach etc etc etc. Yet the most successful team of the last decade has a player who is thinking of taking up an offer which would set him up financially for post career and it means we are about to fall over???

I hope Matai stays, but at the end of the day if he can get massive coin (which we can't give him) then go and go with my blessing. Skivs has been part of our golden era and will always have a special place in my heart (along with Kitey and Gifty), but we have some quality that can step up...gutho, hiku and taufau.

bob dylan said:
BOZO said:
Why are we talking about losing players ????
Maybe we can start a new doom and gloom thread for the doom and gloomers LOL
where is our Manly never say die spirit !!!

Um, because they are all over 30.
I dont think DCE and Foran are over 30

I think the message is that we'd be much better supporting a team with crap players, then we'd never have to worry about who is leaving.

At least Rothfield lives by the mantra he preaches. We can only be jealous of their decades of no success.

A post on fb by our saviour the Great Max Delmege :
Here we go again. Rothfield trying to unsettle mighty sea eagle players and their supporters as we approach the critical time in the season. Yet he praises players from his beloved cronulla It hasn't worked before and it won't work this time. We are a premiership team that will not be stabilised by ill founded comments by a journalist who suffers from sour grapes.

Go and piss in your mouth Rothfield you fool !!! LOL :)

Manly's plan seems quite clear to me. Unfortunately Glenn had to go. Buhrer at his age and development potential is a must keep. Save money for dce's retention. Bring the young champs through slowly. Keep matai for another season. Seems obvious to us Phil.

The club should come out & say to all players if you win the comp you will be granted a release if requested

No1 is going anywhere, Snake will see out his contract and if Matai happens to get his release Hiku will slot straight in, with Gutherson to come onto the wing.
Gifty is a great player and he will always be remembered as a manly player, but we have to face the cold hard facts, he is going to be 31 next year and to me it looks like he is getting more and more injury prone. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself more on the sidelines than the field next season. No one person is bigger than the club, and the club needs to prepare itself for the future.

I am over it all. The senior players of all people should know that, with the cap, we are going to lose players we don't want to. Happened to Beaver. Club will always come 1st.

Manly loses one player and the sky is falling in. How come there is never a mention of the 'Riff whose roster changes by 12-15 players a season!

Personally, I think we need to keep Matai for at least one more year. Hiku is not ready to step into Skivvy's shoes just yet, and although we are looking good this year, our relatively inexperienced forward pack might have an even better chance of taking out the title next year.

My biggest concern is losing another of our hard heads. Choc, Skivvy, and Gifty, are the three mongrels in this team, and to lose two of them is a big dent in our aggression.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6