[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing that gets me is that if the players love him so much then why don’t they play with passion? Why don’t they kill for him? Why are they always laughing with opponents after the game? It’s not a good look and even though the players love him they don’t seem to love him enough to win games they can win.

He reminds me of when Freddy Fittler was coaching the Roosters. Freddy was too close to the players, getting on the drink with them and they had poor results.
Yep identical situation. Pull the pin Trent and you better find another career cause you won't be coaching. The measure of a person is how they deal with sht when everything is against them not when everything is going for them. At the moment from the outside it appears he's failing.

Need to put a picture of Jesus behind the try line of whichever way we are running.. All these Islander kids would stop at nothing to get there.. Maybe add a few demon mascots to put the fear of hell into them as well running behind them.

I don't give a stuff how much people think the players love the bloke.
It's irrelevant.
Fact is they got lapped in the 2nd half by the lowly tits and not for the first time.
If that's playing for the coach then I'd hate to see it if they didn't.
Our standard of play has gone backwards under his watch and that's all that matters.
If anyone can prove otherwise to me then I'm open to it.
But I'm glad I won't be hanging by the goolies whilst I wait...

I don't give a stuff how much people think the players love the bloke.
It's irrelevant.
Fact is they got lapped in the 2nd half by the lowly tits and not for the first time.
If that's playing for the coach then I'd hate to see it if they didn't.
Our standard of play has gone backwards under his watch and that's all that matters.
If anyone can prove otherwise to me then I'm open to it.
But I'm glad I won't be hanging by the goolies whilst I wait...
Yep it's pretty simple really. He could be Mother Theresa but if they don't win then who cares how mucg the players like him. He's not there to be liked or their best fuking mate. He's there to win or fuk off.

I heard Friday night Bozo was very demanding of Trent, leaving messages on his phone at all hours like" ring me" and nothing else.
True or not, his job is to shield the players from all this ****.
When I was teaching I had a Year 12 drama class preparing for their HSC performances when the Idiot Deputy wanted to take the room away from them so the Year Sevens could 'experience the facility'. I argued black and blue that it would seriously damage their results if they couldn't rehearse where they would be assessed. It was the biggest and ugliest fight of my teaching career (I won - don't mess with me!) but the kids knew nothing of the nightmare because their job was to prepare for their HSC while mine was to get them there with as few distractions as possible.
It's the same thing. Barrett's job is to get a footy team ready to play footy every week and to keep the club politics away from them. If the players question the lack of resources, "that's the way we like it here at Manly - we do it tough and we win!"
If they question the politics of the place, "that's for me to worry about".
That's the job.

Dear Harvies,

To answer your question .... I will drop off the Barrett team one minute after I hear that Thommo, Dylan, Jake, Tom. AFB Siro, Jorge and others do ...... until then I shan't be taking my advice on Coaching from people sitting in their loungerooms with sore bottoms .......

As long as Barrett has the support of the players ... and has the cojones to stand up to the dribblers running the club .... he is the Manly coach .... and has my 100% support.

100 % support for a coach that has our team grossly underperforming

100% support for a coach that is 2 points away from taking our club to its first wooden spoon ever

Those who have eyes
have seen how Barrett has the full support of the players
by the way his players run on the field
and spill blood for him NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT !!!!
The results are there for every one that is not blind to see

What a joke LOL LOL LOL !!!
100% Mediocrity at its best Ladies and Gentleman

Trent is doing a great job and his players are putting in 100% every week for Trent
I will support Trent even if we win the spoon as long as I know that the players are 100% behind him .

What a Joke . I cant believe just how gullible some people are

14 Sea Eagles 22 7 0 15 -88 16
15 Eels 22 6 0 16 -104 14
16 Cowboys 22 6 0 16 -114 14

Trent is doing a great job and his players are putting in 100% every week for Trent
I will support Trent even if we win the spoon as long as I know that the players are 100% behind him .

What a Joke . I cant believe just how gullible some people are

14 Sea Eagles 22 7 0 15 -88 16
15 Eels 22 6 0 16 -104 14
16 Cowboys 22 6 0 16 -114 14
He’s a dud.... all you have to do is look at the quality he has in that squad and it should be as clear as the day that the man ain’t no head coach. I’ve got no doubt the players probably like the bloke, but in hindsight he’s an assistant coach... maybe even a very good one.

He’s a dud.... all you have to do is look at the quality he has in that squad and it should be as clear as the day that the man ain’t no head coach. I’ve got no doubt the players probably like the bloke, but in hindsight he’s an assistant coach... maybe even a very good one.
Mate I like Trent as well . He is a lovely guy but business is business and Trent is not producing . As for the players liking him . What does it stand for when he cant get them to play above their weight and winning games ?
Jack sht .

Dear Harvies,

To answer your question .... I will drop off the Barrett team one minute after I hear that Thommo, Dylan, Jake, Tom. AFB Siro, Jorge and others do ...... until then I shan't be taking my advice on Coaching from people sitting in their loungerooms with sore bottoms .......

As long as Barrett has the support of the players ... and has the cojones to stand up to the dribblers running the club .... he is the Manly coach .... and has my 100% support.
I respectfully disagree. You are calling it standing up to the dribblers, I call it running away. Quitting. There's also no point in having the support of the players if they display no resolve and reciprocate this support on the field. Anyway, what would I know , I've got numbnuts from sitting on the lounge all day. ;)

What exactly is going on with Barrett’s contract? The latest newspaper article states he has given 12 months notice. Isn’t that just seeing out his contract. How can it be that he has to see us through another off season and a next years competition before walking out the door? Please help cause this overload of misinformation is doing my head in.

What exactly is going on with Barrett’s contract? The latest newspaper article states he has given 12 months notice. Isn’t that just seeing out his contract. How can it be that he has to see us through another off season and a next years competition before walking out the door? Please help cause this overload of misinformation is doing my head in.
Baz extended till the end of 2020

Baz activated some 12 month 'get out clause' in July

It means he will leave mid 2019 season unless the Owners pay him out till July, 201.
So Manly need to recruit a new coach from 1st November, 2018 to start the off season training

Baz extended till the end of 2020

Baz activated some 12 month 'get out clause' in July

It means he will leave mid 2019 season unless the Owners pay him out till July, 201.
So Manly need to recruit a new coach from 1st November, 2018 to start the off season training
Thanks for that. Stupidest arrangement I’ve ever heard. For us not him. Gets him another 12 months pay he certainly hasn’t earned.

Thanks for that. Stupidest arrangement I’ve ever heard. For us not him. Gets him another 12 months pay he certainly hasn’t earned.
True, but Manly is also paying Myles his contract this year, at least Baz shows up at Brookie :banghead:

Technically 9 months pay as its a Nov-Oct season.

He reminds me of when Freddy Fittler was coaching the Roosters. Freddy was too close to the players, getting on the drink with them and they had poor results.

That sort of thing rarely works for a first grade coach, and Freddie is just one example. Its OK for coaching something like Origin because in that arena there is no such thing as a salary cap, you have the best of the best in the team and its more about bonding the group in a short space of time than actual coaching where you're teaching them anything new. Yes there is some coaching involved because the coach still needs to work out game plans and structures etc, but compared to what a club coach has to do it is minimal.

A successful first grade coach needs to establish the line between being a coach and being a mate, and I think Barrett struggles to establish that line. He seems more like the players mate than the authority figure he should be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8