[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Idiot still doesn't know the bench consists of 4 players you can actively use. The guys been using 15 players since I can remember.

I called this before the kickoff for round 1 and it pains me greatly to have been proven right. The team selections for round 1 was utterly diabolical and the complete absence of anything that resembled a game plan on that day and pretty much every game since is there for all to see.

We have no defensive structure and the players appear to be not putting in for their coach. I respect Scott Penn immensely, but it is way past time for him to simply say, yes we messed this up and we need to cut our losses now.

Cleary or Hasler back for me and let's do it now!!!
More than 2 years on & not one thing has changed for the better.

Trent's doing this FOR the club and players everyone. Our management team are far too idle. Gorman is all lip service. Talks a great game but delivers nothing.

Apparently Trent didn't want to sack Willie Peters (a good friend of Trent's) but Bozo did anyway. I heard Friday night Bozo was very demanding of Trent, leaving messages on his phone at all hours like" ring me" and nothing else.

All the while being promised this, that and the other, and not having anything delivered. I heard that directly from an Arthurson Friday night. And they love Bozo.

Barrett's just not getting the support and assistance he needs from the Penn's, to Gorman and others. He's being lied to. It's a joke.

Trent's doing this FOR the club and players everyone. Our management team are far too idle. Gorman is all lip service. Talks a great game but delivers nothing.
You can say the same of Barrett. What has he delivered? Our position on the ladder is pretty revealing.
Trent may be a great bloke. The players may love him. But on the field, they're an absolute rabble, and I'm sure it's partly because they're constantly soaking up the angst and drama that seems to have surrounded "the best young coach in the NRL" since he got here. Whatever Barrett's doing, he's doing it for himself, not the players or the club. It's his "brand", his career that he's trying to salvage. He might not have the best facilities and support in the NRL, but he's got a team with a lot of talent and he's done bugger all with it. If the players are worried about "poor Trent", they're not going to be playing their best footy. And a good coach would never let that be an issue or an excuse.
I don't know who's lying to who - there appears to be several layers of bull**** at every level at Manly right now. But pretty much everything needs to change.

Well Woodsie old son I believe that time has come and gone, haven't seen evidence of you joining up.
I lasted till about June this year but couldn't take our team going backwards anymore.
You sign up at @strone33 's office, down the hall 3rd on the right...

Dear Harvies,

To answer your question .... I will drop off the Barrett team one minute after I hear that Thommo, Dylan, Jake, Tom. AFB Siro, Jorge and others do ...... until then I shan't be taking my advice on Coaching from people sitting in their loungerooms with sore bottoms .......

As long as Barrett has the support of the players ... and has the cojones to stand up to the dribblers running the club .... he is the Manly coach .... and has my 100% support.

I would like to be coached by my mate too.

It sure would be better than having a mongrel like Madge, Toovey or Des yell at you every time you dropped a ball at training, or heaven forbid, actually get dropped from FG for lack of performance.

Dear Harvies,

To answer your question .... I will drop off the Barrett team one minute after I hear that Thommo, Dylan, Jake, Tom. AFB Siro, Jorge and others do ...... until then I shan't be taking my advice on Coaching from people sitting in their loungerooms with sore bottoms .......

As long as Barrett has the support of the players ... and has the cojones to stand up to the dribblers running the club .... he is the Manly coach .... and has my 100% support.

I appreciate your loyalty Woodsie. You've got a good heart.

However there is a big fallacy regarding coaching a team in most sports and that is you have to have been a top player in the game before you can become a top coach. It of course helps that they experience what is needed to teach others, but playing a game and coaching a game are totally different skills. Many players move into coaching because they have no other post player avenues available. They do the courses, coach a few lower grade sides, sit beside a successful coach, and often because of their name they can encourage players to a club. But that doesn't make them a good coach.

In fact I would suggest there are probably a couple of people on this forum, if given time, some training and experience, could coach better than many first grade coaches today. Its a totally different skill. Check the coaches who are successful and many were not much hack as first grade footballers. Think of Alan Jones, who had never played football at any serious level, who coached Manly Union to a premiership, coached Australian Rugby Union to a World Cup win and then switched codes and did a fairly reasonable effort at coaching Balmain Rugby League first grade. Take Phil Blake, whose defence as a player was at best average, yet he has become a recognised authority on defence in Union and almost took Manly Union to a premiership. There are examples of women coaching men's sports over seas who achieved outstanding success such as Teresa Phillips who coached a successful top grade U.S.Men's basketball team. Then there's Man U coach Jose Mourinho, who only played 2nd division in Portugal, Brendon Bolton, St Kilda's Aussie Rules coach, who never played the game, Richard Williams who never played tennis professionally yet coached his daughters Venus and Serena, Angelo Dundee who coached Mohamed Ali but never fought in the ring himself.

The list goes on an on because coaching is a totally different skill to playing. Its more about management of players, strategic thinking, being able to identify from the sidelines specific skill needs of players. You don't have to be a name player like Barrett, to coach a first grade rugby league side. Often top players are poor coaches. And as I said, with the right training, there are probably a couple of people on this forum, who given the right training, could probably out perform present day first grade rugby league coaches. A lot of knowledge in many on this forum.

Apparently Trent didn't want to sack Willie Peters (a good friend of Trent's) but Bozo did anyway. I heard Friday night Bozo was very demanding of Trent, leaving messages on his phone at all hours like" ring me" and nothing else.

All the while being promised this, that and the other, and not having anything delivered. I heard that directly from an Arthurson Friday night. And they love Bozo.

Barrett's just not getting the support and assistance he needs from the Penn's, to Gorman and others. He's being lied to. It's a joke.

Rubbish Barrett is a fraud anyone who leaks our problems to Gus to get in the media can piss off. I mean all the problems Baz has didn't seem like problems last season when we made the 8 and he signed an extension. Bozo wasn't even at the club when peters was sacked give me a break.

I would like to be coached by my mate too.

It sure would be better than having a mongrel like Madge, Toovey or Des yell at you every time you dropped a ball at training, or heaven forbid, actually get dropped from FG for lack of performance.

... No doubt you have picked that information up from all the training sessions and conversations you have had with Baz? ... Or is this mate thing just another Silvertails myth being perpetuated?

No doubt you have picked that information up from all the training sessions and conversations you have had with Baz?
Don't need to be at training to know Baz can't coach I just watch the team play. We saw what the players think of Baz in Gladstone told not to go out after a shocking loss and what do they do tell him to **** off and hit the strip joint. No wonder the players love him he let's them do anything.

Don't need to be at training to know Baz can't coach I just watch the team play. We saw what the players think of Baz in Gladstone told not to go out after a shocking loss and what do they do tell him to **** off and hit the strip joint. No wonder the players love him he let's them do anything.
I don't know if that is true about Gladstone. I thought Baz was ok for the players to go to the strip joint because DCE was with them. They also had the team security guard with them.

I get the feeling that you may be one of those rare special people that could come up with the wrong answer in a multiple choice question when there is only one choice .....

Dear Harvies,

Whilst I don’t agree with you I like your fortitude !

... No doubt you have picked that information up from all the training sessions and conversations you have had with Baz? ... Or is this mate thing just another Silvertails myth being perpetuated?

I dont see it as a myth.
He is clearly too close to the playing group for my taste.
But each to their own.

I get the feeling that you may be one of those rare special people that could come up with the wrong answer in a multiple choice question when there is only one choice .....
Keep telling yourself how great Baz is I guess it's some achievement to get our first spoon.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2