[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My biggest problem with Trent, is that he will fall by the wayside because he does not understand Manly and it's strange culture. He seems more like a Roosters type of coach.

You might be right, but I think our culture is in disarray after the departure of most of our 2011 team and support staff.

I have said, and still believe that it will be up to this playing group to develop and foster it's own new and improved "culture".

You might be right, but I think our culture is in disarray after the departure of most of our 2011 team and support staff.

I have said, and still believe that it will be up to this playing group to develop and foster it's own new and improved "culture".
True. Based on the tried and true formula. Remember Des rebuilt the joint on the back of our glory years. In fact he used the 1978 triumph as his catalyst for motivation. I spoke to snake about Des a few years ago, and he said that motivation was easy. Pull the tapes out and the boys heads would just be mesmerised at the legends strutting their stuff. Tried and tested formula...spread the word

True. Based on the tried and true formula. Remember Des rebuilt the joint on the back of our glory years. In fact he used the 1978 triumph as his catalyst for motivation. I spoke to snake about Des a few years ago, and he said that motivation was easy. Pull the tapes out and the boys heads would just be mesmerised at the legends strutting their stuff. Tried and tested formula...spread the word

That's probably why he's been less successful at the Dogs. They've got no '78 grand final performance to compare to use as inspiration. That was an amazing effort playing six games in less than four weeks. They were The Walking Wounded on the Grandfinal replay and yet were all over Cronulla. No wonder Cronulla hates Manly

He's just ****. He's had two club coaching jobs and hasn't been successful in either of them. In fact the only blip on the panthers juniors radar for the past half decade is the season he was in charge. He was never a winner as a player and he's been alarmingly terrible in his coaching endeavors.
I get the feeling he's only still employed because the fat cats in charge don't want to be proven wrong by their decision, and their arrogance is going to mean a few seasons of spitting out excuses and persisting with this absolute muppet as our coach.
I really, really hope someone brings up my posts after next season and makes fun of me for being so wrong, but I would be willing to bet that there's no success at Manly while twenty is in charge.

That's a great point u make about getting current players motivated and passionate watching the old club legends play. Great for instilling positive team culture and pride too. Problem is though, it's a helluva lot more convincing when someone like Des is showing old Manly tapes. His enthusiasm would be real and genuine, hell he was an old Manly warrior himself. Can u imagine the awkward attempts of Trent & Hoss trying to replicate Dessie's passion digging up old Manly footage?? 'Sh*t Hoss I HATED these bastards back then..'Me too Trent, but now they're paying the bills look fair dinkum ffs'

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear he's coaching us to be a **** team.
There's no evidence to suggest he can coach a team in ANY direction yet. A good direction OR a bad one (through his own ineptitude). How long do we wait ?
ROUND 10 next season.

He's just ****. He's had two club coaching jobs and hasn't been successful in either of them. In fact the only blip on the panthers juniors radar for the past half decade is the season he was in charge. He was never a winner as a player and he's been alarmingly terrible in his coaching endeavors.
I get the feeling he's only still employed because the fat cats in charge don't want to be proven wrong by their decision, and their arrogance is going to mean a few seasons of spitting out excuses and persisting with this absolute muppet as our coach.
I really, really hope someone brings up my posts after next season and makes fun of me for being so wrong, but I would be willing to bet that there's no success at Manly while twenty is in charge.

Newwy u know where I can look at those stats just out of morbid interest? And who was the other team he coached apart from the Panthers??? If his records rubbish it's amazing what a nice suit, colgate smile and a sexy powerpoint presentation can get ya..

Trent's errors in his first season have been camourflaged by the injuries that we have had. Next season he wont have anywhere to hide if we are not successful.

The thing for me is I could always tell what Sticky was trying to do. Same as you can see what non heavy hitters Griffin, Flanagan, and even Jason Taylor are trying to do with their teams.
I know the horrendous injury toll made it very difficult, but at no point was I certain what style of play that Baz was looking for Manly to play. It's the same sort of feeling with the other Dragon graduates, McGregor and Brown.
I'd be really interested if anyone has identified what sort of team he's coaching us to be.
Maybe when he has a fully fit & complete team week in week out we'll see what style of play he expects. A little difficult when the team has different players in different positions every week......not easy to settle on any style!

The thing for me is I could always tell what Sticky was trying to do. Same as you can see what non heavy hitters Griffin, Flanagan, and even Jason Taylor are trying to do with their teams.
I know the horrendous injury toll made it very difficult, but at no point was I certain what style of play that Baz was looking for Manly to play. It's the same sort of feeling with the other Dragon graduates, McGregor and Brown.
I'd be really interested if anyone has identified what sort of team he's coaching us to be.
Great point - I have nooo idea either

I just need to get this back on the top of the page .... he hasn't been bagged much this week and I thought he might be missing it.

RIGGED i tell ya! RIGGED!

I knew it would be, but I was surprised when Greenberg announced it it his speech (I think it was in about the 215th minute in case you missed it).

62386765.jpg

I would consider Des only if Barrett fails in 2017 and not before. I want to see this guy with a full season without the injury burden he had in '16 and having learned a little in his initial year. I'm yet to be convinced he's a failure. Manly did seem to improve as 2016 progressed even if they werent winning games and his strategies did seem a little more functional as time progressed..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8