[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nathan Green - in the top 17 at the start of the season then dropped because he was playing badly. Gets starts towards the end of the season and shows improvement. Barrett then punts him. What was the point of this exercise Twenty? Will the Blacktown players that finished in 10th out of 13 teams in Ron Massey Cup be better players?

I actually thought Trent giving Green a run then realising his mistake was a good thing. But I agree it was perplexing to see the new and improved Green shunted back to reserves.

Ok it's clearly time to turn a negative into a positive. What I'm gonna do for the first 10 rounds of 2017 is bet against Manly every game. If we're screwed by round 10 like we were last year I'll A - be richer and B - will enjoy seeing Trent and Hoss ride off into the distance never to return. The third scenario is we actually win a heap of games and I've lost money but hey my team might make the finals! Win/win/win

Hold off guys. Barrett had a bad year thanks to our injury list and so many new players causing lack of balance in the side. He was also in his first year as coach, and yes he made a number of mistakes.

But if he is bright he'll be learning from those errors and should be a better coach this coming year. 2017 is his judgement year (unless we have another injury year like '16). If he can maintain a stable group on the field, we will then see what he's made of and what all the hype was about before he arrived.

It was as unfair to judge him on his '16 year as it was to judge Hasler in '04. Reserve judgement until the end of '17 and then we'll know what we've got.

I actually thought Trent giving Green a run then realising his mistake was a good thing. But I agree it was perplexing to see the new and improved Green shunted back to reserves.

Shunned back to the reserves?

Hate to let facts ruin a good story but Green was injured and did not play in NSW cup

I remember when Ricky Stuart was a laughing stock of a coach. Like a whole season ago.

(To the tune of 'give peace a chance') All I'm saying is give Trent a go.
The thing for me is I could always tell what Sticky was trying to do. Same as you can see what non heavy hitters Griffin, Flanagan, and even Jason Taylor are trying to do with their teams.
I know the horrendous injury toll made it very difficult, but at no point was I certain what style of play that Baz was looking for Manly to play. It's the same sort of feeling with the other Dragon graduates, McGregor and Brown.
I'd be really interested if anyone has identified what sort of team he's coaching us to be.

The thing for me is I could always tell what Sticky was trying to do. Same as you can see what non heavy hitters Griffin, Flanagan, and even Jason Taylor are trying to do with their teams.
I know the horrendous injury toll made it very difficult, but at no point was I certain what style of play that Baz was looking for Manly to play. It's the same sort of feeling with the other Dragon graduates, McGregor and Brown.
I'd be really interested if anyone has identified what sort of team he's coaching us to be.

Patience Budgie, ....Walker at 5/8 was unable to play to any game style, then 3 hookers, 3 halfbacks, 3 5/8's and 4 centres later it became a case of go out and do your best.

I think his choice of Green for 5/8 is telling. I believe it will be a no nonsense approach with a solid roll up and percentage 5th tackle options.
In attacking positions on the 4th and 5th tackle he will rely on DCE, Turbo and Walker to add the creative x factor.

If Snake and Matai are there and in form it will be game on.

Patience Budgie, ....Walker at 5/8 was unable to play to any game style, then 3 hookers, 3 halfbacks, 3 5/8's and 4 centres later it became a case of go out and do your best.

I think his choice of Green for 5/8 is telling. I believe it will be a no nonsense approach with a solid roll up and percentage 5th tackle options.
In attacking positions on the 4th and 5th tackle he will rely on DCE, Turbo and Walker to add the creative x factor.

If Snake and Matai are there and in form it will be game on.
Sounds good to me. I really do want to see the poor bugger succeed - I'd hate to be in his position with the people above him hovering.

My biggest problem with Trent, is that he will fall by the wayside because he does not understand Manly and it's strange culture. He seems more like a Roosters type of coach.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10