[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think its important to separate the Penn's behaviour against Toovey, and the promotion of Barrett to head coach

Barrett needs to be judged purely on his own merits, not on the fact that he replaced Toovey. He had nothing to do with that. If he hadnt taken the job, some other replacement would have been selected.

I'm furious at the Penn's cowardly and duplicitous behaviour in respect of Toovey and I hope time will redress this shameful act. But Barrett is just the unfortunate bunny who they brought in as replacement.

So if Barrett succeeds, I'll be happy. If he doesnt I'll expect him to be replaced. Maybe if he succeeds, then at some future time Toovey may become CEO above him. I'm OK with that.

But with the Penns, I hope something happens that either sees them out the door, or changes their attitudes in how they run the club and invite Toovey back in an administrative post or as coach if Barrett fails.

I think its important to separate the Penn's behaviour against Toovey, and the promotion of Barrett to head coach

Barrett needs to be judged purely on his own merits, not on the fact that he replaced Toovey. He had nothing to do with that. If he hadnt taken the job, some other replacement would have been selected.

I'm furious at the Penn's cowardly and duplicitous behaviour in respect of Toovey and I hope time will redress this shameful act. But Barrett is just the unfortunate bunny who they brought in as replacement.

So if Barrett succeeds, I'll be happy. If he doesnt I'll expect him to be replaced. Maybe if he succeeds, then at some future time Toovey may become CEO above him. I'm OK with that.

But with the Penns, I hope something happens that either sees them out the door, or changes their attitudes in how they run the club and invite Toovey back in an administrative post or as coach if Barrett fails.
Penn is on record as saying he wants Toovey in a role at the club. How was it all duplicitous? They warned him some time before and when our season was clearly done they paid him out in full. I wish there was a nice way for these things to happen, but there simply is not.

I love Tooves as a legend of this club, but the carry on suggesting he was back stabbed and thrown out the door penniless is simply inaccurate. His contract was paid out in full, he has a standing invitation to take a role in the club, they stabbed him front on, not in the back. It's a brutal business and not for the faint hearted

Penn is on record as saying he wants Toovey in a role at the club. How was it all duplicitous? They warned him some time before and when our season was clearly done they paid him out in full. I wish there was a nice way for these things to happen, but there simply is not.

I love Tooves as a legend of this club, but the carry on suggesting he was back stabbed and thrown out the door penniless is simply inaccurate. His contract was paid out in full, he has a standing invitation to take a role in the club, they stabbed him front on, not in the back. It's a brutal business and not for the faint hearted

Not suggesting he wasnt paid out in full Ralphie. What I am saying is that the Penns wanted Toovey out of the way.

Look at what he had to put up with last year with injuries only slightly less than this year, the Foran/DCE debacle and an old team on its last legs, with virtually no serious new faces. Barrett has done no better, though granted he has had problems with personnel as well.

But read between the lines. Barrett is doing a good job, Toovey was not, was the message coming out quite clearly. Darrell Williams, a member of the Board made it quite plain that the decision to oust Toovey was political, not professional, and he should know, he was there.

Its all in the spin. The Penns are duplicitous but they arent stupid. They had to be 'seen' to be being fair, even suggesting Toovey should take a role in the club. They are not likely to show their real hand publicly.

Not suggesting he wasnt paid out in full Ralphie. What I am saying is that the Penns wanted Toovey out of the way.

Look at what he had to put up with last year with injuries only slightly less than this year, the Foran/DCE debacle and an old team on its last legs, with virtually no serious new faces. Barrett has done no better, though granted he has had problems with personnel as well.

But read between the lines. Barrett is doing a good job, Toovey was not, was the message coming out quite clearly. Darrell Williams, a member of the Board made it quite plain that the decision to oust Toovey was political, not professional, and he should know, he was there.

Its all in the spin. The Penns are duplicitous but they arent stupid. They had to be 'seen' to be being fair, even suggesting Toovey should take a role in the club. They are not likely to show their real hand publicly.
Fair enough but I don't see it quite as bad as that. I do agree that the results were used as an excuse & given this years results would have preferred Tooves see out his contract. In the end the man paying the bills get to make the decision.

I'm not sure where to put this list (compiled by the SMH) - I know some of you think that injuries mean nothing, others do...so I thought this was at best.....informative. Continue drawing your own conclusions.

WOUNDED EAGLES (games missed)

Steve Matai - 16

Brenton Lawrence - 13

Brett Stewart - 13

Jamie Buhrer - 10

Matt Parcell - 10

Apisai Koroisau - 7

Jamie Lyon - 7

Dylan Walker - 6

Daly Cherry-Evans - 5
The Titans had a similar injury list and they made the 8 !!!

To me, the Barrett problem is he wants to be friends with the players. His press conferences are all about not faulting the players - they put in. Look at the successful coaches - Bellamy, Green, Barrett, Hasler, Bozo, Gould, Gibson. Respect the players? Yes. Friend? No.
People really can't change their personalities, so I believe Barrett will NEVER be a successful coach.
I would like the ones on here that think Barrett is a quality coach to tell us WTF he did this year with our team to prove this

I would like the ones on here that think Barrett is a quality coach to tell us WTF he did this year with our team to prove this
He turned Vave from a fat plod into a solid impact footballer, only to give him to Parra

image.jpeg
emBarrettsing

You sir need to pull your head out of your rear. Do you not recall the constant leaks just prior to tooves appearing on tv to have him quizzed over statements from the club he had not been informed of. White anting in the extreme.

I an not sure that there are too many on here that think that Barrett is a good coach. I think it is more a case of some on here giving him a chance as a first year coach due to player turnover and the injury issues.

As much as many would have liked to see Toovey see out the final year of his contract, that decision was taken out of our hands by the current owners, rightly or wrongly. Hopefully moving forward we can continue to improve as a team next year with some solid support from our owner, media manager, and whatever Bozo's position is. Time will tell.

To me, the Barrett problem is he wants to be friends with the players. His press conferences are all about not faulting the players - they put in. Look at the successful coaches - Bellamy, Green, Barrett, Hasler, Bozo, Gould, Gibson. Respect the players? Yes. Friend? No.
People really can't change their personalities, so I believe Barrett will NEVER be a successful coach.
Can u take the name Barrett out of your list of successful coaches..haha

Barrett is amazing
Barrett is a **** coach for Manly and always will be. I am results orientated and I've seen nothing in 12 months to change my mind. So, mate, we are on the same wave length about Barrett but I can't be bothered arguing with the "give him a chance brigade" on here. Unfortunately for the mightly Sea Eagles time will tell that we are 150% correct and these will be described as "the Barrett wasted years". In the meantime love Manly Sea Eagles and stir them up and have some fun but know that there are plenty of people here that agree with you.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10