The war is over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now Monas has gone, hopefully next is Dunley followed by that piece of defensive rubbish 'The Golden Mongrel', Steve Matai.

Nah monas is a useless twat and we are better off without him, but we knew MAtas opinion on that after His 50th gripe, its the other 4 million unecessary reiterations that were the stoopid part.

At least you know it's over now. ;)

I'm still stinging from your callous abuse of me a few weeks ago. ;)

Are you happy about our water being gifted to the Cadia mine so Orange can remain prosperous?

Oranges Water, they want our treated effluent.

I'm a bit undecided on that one, the mine is a big employer so economically it makes sense, but if it doesnt rain there wont be enough for the town (orange) so it will be a minor issue.

We have plenty of water in Bathurst but council is still too stupid to bring in restrictions even though the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Oranges Water, they want our treated effluent.

I'm a bit undecided on that one, the mine is a big employer so economically it makes sense, but if it doesnt rain there wont be enough for the town (orange) so it will be a minor issue.

We have plenty of water in Bathurst but council is still too stupid to bring in restrictions even though the writing has been on the wall for a while.

We are all on the same river so I reckon it is *our* water. And I know Dubbo City Council and the Chamber of Commerce were not consulted on a decision that will impact our water supplies.

We see no economic benefit from the mine downstream and nor will you upstream.

The Federal Government is about to bring in Level 4 restrictions for the whole Murray Darling Basin - so even if Bathurst has been prudent with water, you're still going to cop it.

Plus Orange have been pumping their **** into the Macquarie for years. So not cool. My kids get constant giardia.

Our water supply is not from the Macquarie. but yes it is all intertwined.

WE should have had restrictions long ago, much to the chagrin of my neighbour who washes his driveway clean

I still wonder what 'WAR' it is that's over. Like somehow Mata has single handedly fought off the beast???

Matabele the Megalomaniac to the rescue.

Des won the battle, MM won the war. Des didn't want MM, but MM & his management stood their ground (with assistance) and achieved their goals, better than that he has turned a $240K contract into a $500K contract.

You will not change my view that MM was only looking out for himself in his chosen profession, and if the same opportunity ever befalls me in my profession I would do exactly the same thing in less than a heartbeat.

MM knew what was important to him, and that what was not Manly. He never gave Manly less than 100% effort in any game in which he played for us and as a supporter I can not ask for more than that. In a perfect world we would have a team full of loyal players like Steve Menzies, but the NRL is not and never will be again a perfect world where loyalty is the major factor in players decsions in where they ply their trade.

Good post Pete but Manly haven't lost either. You could argue that Manly won the war (if they were actually in one!)

One perspective on this is that Manly keep Orford :yeah:. and have cash to keep Ballin, Burns (hopefully) and even Groom. :yeah:

To keep MM might have meant saying goodbye to one/some of them.

What we don't know is what was going on behind closed doors, in the dressing shed and in the lives of players. We will never know what impact positive/negative that this player was.

Ok now from a better perspective.

MM used the club for personal gain. Do you support the club or the player?

Because our team are out by $480,000 so Michael Monaghan could get himself into a better position to earn more.

That is not a comparison I can make. My view is that professional football players are just that, professional, ie they make their living from their chosen profession. As a supporter I support the club and by defintion the team that represents the club. That team is made up of 25 professional players. In 2007 MM is one of the players, next year he will not.

Unless you are alluding to the fact that MM has not given 100% of his abilities in the past 18 months and for he remainder of this season for his employer your comments regarding Manly being out (of pocket presumably) $480K shows a complete lack of recognition of what professional persons do for a living, regardless of wether they are sportsmen, bankers or lawyers or any other profession you care to nominate.

[quote author=Matabele]
I have been a fierce critic of Captain Coil,

Thats like saying Steve Roach is a fierce critic of anorexia :bdh:
:bdh:
[/quote]

This is a shit thread, but that is a gem of a quote.

That is not a comparison I can make. My view is that professional football players are just that, professional, ie they make their living from their chosen profession. As a supporter I support the club and by defintion the team that represents the club. That team is made up of 25 professional players. In 2007 MM is one of the players, next year he will not.

Unless you are alluding to the fact that MM has not given 100% of his abilities in the past 18 months and for he remainder of this season for his employer your comments regarding Manly being out (of pocket presumably) $480K shows a complete lack of recognition of what professional persons do for a living, regardless of wether they are sportsmen, bankers or lawyers or any other profession you care to nominate.

Ok, in this first picture we have Monaghan (on the left) with fists full of cash because Max Delmege has just given him a contract.

On the right is Des crying because he had plans to sign some great juniors to the club but Max went over his and ruined des's plans.

Its a sad day for des.

Picture1.jpg

Then, this is when Monaghan asks to leave and him holding all of his money in a bad now... because theres more.

And des is there, he's still sad but he's not crying because he gets one lot of $240, 000 back that isn't wasted by having to leave the junior kangaroos hooker in PL.

picture2.jpg

And in the last picture we can see Travis Burns, Matt Ballin and Anthony watmough looking at the money trail thats been left by Monaghan and wondering when they will get their new contracts....

picture3.jpg

You simply do not respect an alternative (I cant believe I have used that word on this site) opinion.

You may spend hours every day on this site but you have not contributed to its quality. In your response to what I believed to be an intelligent debate you have shown that as a moderator your forum has degenerated (rather quickly) to the rabble that is now the MSE Forum.

Of course that is by your choosing and I should respect that right and I will respect that right of the site's owners & moderators.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7