The 'what were the Origin selectors thinking' thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
I just thought I would start this in advance of the side being named, as for sure it will be on like Donkey Kong no matter what side is named ;)

How dare they not pick JHOPPA on the wing,how dare they take choc and put him on the bench with the stewarts

Another ****ing Gidley selection,are they hoping 20 wrongs make a right?

Gasnier captain? that prick couldnt lead a hooker into his car,he shouldnt even be in the team

Well....atleast Gallens there....

not sure about that.i think it will be the same blokes picked who lose every year and wont be all that much talk.lewis will be talked about but he will be one of the first picked and rightly so if he came through that game ok.most complete forward in the game IMO.

hayne,morris,gasnier,jennings/idris,uate,mullen,pearce,lewis,creagh,gallen,snowden,ennis,weyman idris/young,bird,tolman,mannah would be my guess.

for what it is worth I would pick soward and gift in front of mullen and bird but unlikely.

am assuming king is unavailable and choc has cooked his goose with sticky.

no doubt that f...wit beau scott will get picked but I cant get himself to write his name down in the side.

No Manly players in the side is all I want to hear.

I think they should pick at least 10 St Merge players. Their entire forward pack (add Gallen), their halves (Both of them) plus Gasnier & Morris.

I reckon they pick Hopoate,King,Choc and Gift

The confidence from them when they come back will
radiate throughout the team,i can swallow a few losses
during origin for long term gain

Terry Kennedy said his mail is king and gift will get a run. Can't see jace playing if he hasn't played for 3 weeks

Weve had heaps of players in origin in the past.Time for others to have a go so we can win the comp again this year.Were poised with this coming draw to really entrench into the top 4 barring injuries.

Scrap City Vs Country....No Gifty nor Watmough

Pointless game is pointless
If the ****ing man of the match doesnt get a run
City vs Country is nothing short of a joke worthy of
getting your best players injured,**** it off

NSW Blues - Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Gasnier, Uate, Soward, Pearce, King, Ennis, Snowden, Scott, Bird, Gallen, Creagh, Merrin, Mannah, Young

lol....wtf just happened. 0 faith in the selectors. hahaha as a nsw fan i cant believe it. if the 1st games in qld i might look at qld 40+ lol

6 nil

probably makes no difference who they pick.not one single creative ball player in that forward pack and bench with the possible exception of bird.

Beau Scott isn't a backrower's arsehole.

Idris stars for Aus, then not picked.

Hayne plays his best game of the year last night, still not picked.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
NSW Blues - Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Gasnier, Uate, Soward, Pearce, King, Ennis, Snowden, Scott, Bird, Gallen, Creagh, Merrin, Mannah, Young

Morris will have no impact on SoO this year what-so-ever. Jennings is a fantastic player & should do well but I don't think that it's ever clicked in his mind that he has a winger outside of him.

How do you pick Pearce over Mullen? Pearce isn't a good enough player to get picked every year without doubt. Pearce has been awful this year & I expect him to continue to be awful in SoO. Interested in seeing how Soward goes though.

Scott being in the team is a joke. He is your average run of the mill forward. If he deserves to get picked then Glenn Hall deserved to get picked in 2008. If you're going to pick a team off of media hype than Creagh deserves to start at least. Same goes with Merrin, he is another average run of the mill player. What a joke, How the F do these numpties get picked over the likes of Galloway & Tolman?

Can't agree with Young getting picked, if you want a back-up hooker then why not pick Farrah in the team? At least he is actually a hooker, not a second rower masquerading in the position.

All in all it looks like an average, average team. With Sticky as the coach I'll be suprised if they win a game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8