The 'what were the Origin selectors thinking' thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with not picking Hayne. He doesn't play like a fullback anymore, he only looks interested when he can play as a first or second receiver.

I don't mind Scott but Bird is a waste but he's Ricky Stuarts favourite player. I'm just glad he wasn't picked as a 5/8th. Creagh has been practically anonymous in Origin except when he's backing away from a fight. Ennis won't have an impact unless its starting a fight, he's a great hooker when his forwards are dominating but does nothing when they aren't and its just not going to happen in Origin. The two biggest WTF selections for me are Jennings and Young on the bench. Jennings has barely been cited this year and what on earth is Dean Young going to offer? He's not going to worry QLD at all from Dummy half and you can pick 30 backrowers who could have a better impact.

Beau Scott has been picked as a defensive shadow for Soward I would assume. Him, Gasnier and Soward defend together in club games don't they. He also provides cover for center if needed. I don't agree but that would be the logic I presume.

Masked Eagle said:
Jennings has barely been cited this year

I think that is because by and large he is a pretty clean player. No reason for the match review committee to call him to task. I do however think his efforts have failed to catch the eye in terms of impact in games this year. Down on form for sure

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6