Then give us the 2013 premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But if they did that they would also have to give the warriors the 2 points that they should have got instead of the dogs last weekend, like toddy is going to let that happen. The bigger issue is that checchin gets no punishment, they guy is a joke. How many games has he decided the result in?

lol...not ruling out legal action to get the 2 points....

go for it! See how far you get. Clubs to sue after every wrong call refs make!

As the sense of entitlements grows...players slacken off....pity we're not playing them this weekend!

Don't forget the Gold Coast win over Melbourne that came about as a result of a ref blunder in the final minute.

So really Melbourne should 2 from 6. Massive difference come the end of the year.

Got to be honest if there ever was a case for doing something like this then the dragons game is it

The game should have ended before the storm scored - as much as the incidents mentioned above contributed to us losing games they were not as definite as Monday

A question - does the time keeping still sit with the home team ? Or does a nrl official do it ?

I seriously can't understand all the fuss. So the ref got it wrong, but it was a split second decision - a 50/50 call. The way they are carrying on you would think they were the only team ever to be robbed and that it was obvious to all that there the siren sounded before the play the ball.

There were probably 100 worse calls over the weekend, including the missed strip by Cameron Smith in the same game which equally contributed to the Storm's try. If I was a Dragons fan I would be more angry about that.

I was always taught that the game is over when the ref blows the whistle. Players should play to the whistle (and they all did). If the ref should have blown the whistle a split second earlier but didn't then that's unfortunate but it is no worse in my view than any other mistake a ref may make during the course of a game.

MadMarcus said:
I seriously can't understand all the fuss. So the ref got it wrong, but it was a split second decision - a 50/50 call. The way they are carrying on you would think they were the only team ever to be robbed and that it was obvious to all that there the siren sounded before the play the ball.

There were probably 100 worse calls over the weekend, including the missed strip by Cameron Smith in the same game which equally contributed to the Storm's try. If I was a Dragons fan I would be more angry about that.

I was always taught that the game is over when the ref blows the whistle. Players should play to the whistle (and they all did). If the ref should have blown the whistle a split second earlier but didn't then that's unfortunate but it is no worse in my view than any other mistake a ref may make during the course of a game.

Exactly.

And what about the try that Dugan scored when he was clearly in front of the kicker? What's done is done and all that the NRL can do now is move on and put measures in place so this type of thing can not happen again.

I can understand the Drags being annoyed. But that's sport that's life, so seriously boo hoo. It will happen one day that rugby league will award the game to the other team, or replay it......or lawyers will get involved. Hopefully that day is a 100 years down the track, but when it does that's the end of sport as we know it.

If we went down this path we'd still be replaying matches from the 70s. If I was the Drags I'd be pretty annoyed. Then I'd think, hang on, we led 24-10 with 15 (or so) mins to go......you know what we stuffed up.

Didn't Parramatta try to get the 7th tackle semi from 1978 annulled on the grounds that Greg Hartley was incompetent? How far did that get them? And that was a semi, not a minor round game.

Pardon the pun but this is a storm in a tea cup. The NRL might have admitted Cecchin got it wrong but they aren't going to give the Dragons the 2 points AND let Melbourne keep theirs. Can you imagine the can of worms that would open up?

And how typical. In the story that Dee Why posted the link to, their video section of the NRL's best buzzer beaters has a picture of that blonde haired git Darren Albert after his try in the 1997 GF :mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4