They Have Started on Wests Tigers Now.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I'd have Farah over Ballin any day sorry fellas
Yeah there is no comparison on ability and skill.
Ballin suits Manly 100%, and that's the difference.
I'm sure we are all big enough to admit that Farah is very talented. Reads a game in attack, he's got pace, a great pass, a playmaker, a corridor chooser.
So why does Ballin suit Manly: ie what are his qualities that complement the players around him ?
Give me Ballin anyday for his defence, his dummy half running, his stability, professionalism and mistake free football. He's also great value, never injured, plays 80 mins. In fact he's a wonder in that we all wonder how he can keep it up, match after gruelling match, season after season.
MB: Respect :exclamation:

Soo it doesn't look like potter is getting the sack tonight. Bulldog Richie is wrong again. I wonder does he get in trouble for causeing all this mess and problems bor is he congratulated by management ? Stupid DT

Ballin > Farrah everyday of the week. If it wasn't for smith, MB would be the QLD hooker.

I say keep Potter, there outside the 8, so why change their coach and give them hope ;)

Ironically I'd take Ballin because he isn't much of a runner. He gives quality service to our halves which gives them time. Mona's had a great season at hooker for us in 07, he was really important to us having a good season. However, Ballin's quality distribution really led to Orford having a much better season and us lifting the trophy in 08.

If we didn't have quality halves (and I'd throw in Snake there as an extra ball player) and we needed more attack from our no 9 then Farah no contest, but considering the team we do have then its Ballin.

Yeah those that would opt for Farah over Ballin (at Manly now) don't understand the chemistry of our side.

Farah would spoil the broth; too many chiefs; and/or chefs etc. etc. Whatever metaphor you like there.

Ballin is ballast in our ship. (Take him OUT and you'd be surprised how less effective we'd be).

As for Potter, I'm wondering as well if the return to Sydney of Matt Parrish is more than a coincidence now too (a former Balmain-boy ready to take the next step in his coaching career).

Like Alfie's 90's hit, "St.George can't play",
Robbie Farah should do,
"Mick Potter can't coach". Bound to be a hit.
Gordon Tallis could do the backing vocals.

Obviously Farah is more creative, but Ballin is a better defender around the middle, and the one of the primary reasons why Manly's defence up the middle of the park has been significantly better than the Tigers over the last 8 or so years.

He also provides wonderful service and never goes off the boil like Farah, who is prone to overplaying his hand on many occasions.

Pound for pound, only Foz comes to close to Ballin for toughest player in the NRL.

Origin the last 2 years has surely put the Farah can't defend and is soft crap to bed hasn't it ?

Ballin does fit into our side well, I'm just keen on some sort of running game from dummy half from a hooker, and to his credit Ballin has gotten better at that this year, but it isn't all that sharp. Ballins flat balls to a forward when we are 5m from the try line drive me crazy as well

Kiwi Eagle said:
Origin the last 2 years has surely put the Farah can't defend and is soft crap to bed hasn't it ?

Ballin does fit into our side well, I'm just keen on some sort of running game from dummy half from a hooker, and to his credit Ballin has gotten better at that this year, but it isn't all that sharp. Ballins flat balls to a forward when we are 5m from the try line drive me crazy as well

Possibly but no one should live down dog acts, his diving should never be forgotten. He plays more like a 5/8 in the tigers.

Would not fit our team and I'd sooner have ballin every time. I don't remember Ballins last game and the amount he has played consecutively for us you think they would stand out. Ballin will easily go down as one of the best ever hookers to play for us, his departure will be immediately noticed

^ The main problem with Farah (aside from the fact he's a diver) is that he always tries to do too much. He's not happy playing hooker, he insists on playing as a half as well. That can mean he ends up cramping the halves in his team, taking control of every play, putting in kicks, etc. Sometimes it works (although often it's more arse than class), but it can end up stifling the attack.

Seems NRL players have been far to well behaved this season. How on earth are we going to fill these back pages........

Ballin is the most underrated player in our team, and maybe in the whole NRL. Foz and DCE wouldn't look nearly as good if someone else was at hooker.

Apparently Farrah boycotted training today. Things must be pretty bad for him not to show.

Bet he ends up at the sharks. :)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/robbie-farah-a-noshow-at-wests-tigers-training-20140730-zylh6.html

Eagles2nv said:
Apparently Farrah boycotted training today. Things must be pretty bad for him not to show.

Bet he ends up at the sharks. :)
Funny if he did. Cronulla is like
Heartbreak Hotel,
it's the last bastion for all the flotsam & jetsam drifting the NRL.

I fully expect the Daily Terror to go looking for rubbish to try to undermine this year's premiers. Uncle Rupe, (Nosferatu), carries a grudge for eternity. I didn't, however, expect the SMH to come after us with hearsay and lies. That was until I found out that their new RL 'experts' were both schooled at News Ltd suburban rags. Can't the SMH train real journos?
Anyway, as we Manly supporters, and more importantly our team of champions, are used to all the tricks to deny us premierships we own, the wannabe soccer scribes have turned on the Tabloid Tigers now that they can't be 'everybody's favourites' for the GF.
I'm watching for the push for a Souths v Parra GF.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4