Thiaday gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thaiday lifted his arms (and hence Kite's feet) above his head. Where did he expect Kite's head would end up?

We may be baying for blood after losing so many players to suspension last week but we know that if it was a Manly player that had made this tackle they WOULD be lynched. It is just bloody frustrating that the severity of the punishment has as much to do with the jersey you're wearing as it does with the severity of the offense.

Sloppy tackle, but not malicious. As much as I hate the "3rd Man In" cat, I think 1-2 weeks is fair for this as it was definitely dangerous.

I didn't think it was too bad yesterday but after watching it again, there was no reason for him to lift kites legs so high. It was reckless and careless.

1 week minimum. Intention means nothing. You still get a week or more if you hit someone high when that player is falling. This is no different

JUDICIARY: Sam Thaiday charged with a grade two dangerous throw. Will miss two weeks with an early plea, three if he fights and loses. #NRL

Pretty reasonable result you would think. Grade 2 which means 2 weeks with an early guilty plea and 3 weeks if he fights and loses. The question is, do the Donkeys risk losing Thaiday until the grand final or do they cop the early plea and risk Brisbane going out in straight sets without him? The Warriors game will be tough, there is every chance they could lose. Even if they won, there is every chance they will play again in week 2. The week 2 game will be tough no matter what so they could well go out the back door. Would be sweet to see Lockyer's final season end in a disaster.

http://www.nrl.com/thaiday-facing-two-week-suspension/tabid/10874/newsid/64615/default.aspx

Berkeley_Eagle said:
JUDICIARY: Sam Thaiday charged with a grade two dangerous throw. Will miss two weeks with an early plea, three if he fights and loses. #NRL

Excellent :D I wonder if they will risk fighting it, it is pretty clear cut, lift above horizontal in a drving tackle, no one else was involved to share the blame.

I think Brisbane are screwed now. I think the premiership will come from either Manly, Storm, Dragons or Tigers. Warriors will beat Brisbane but we have their measure.

torana355 said:
I think Brisbane are screwed now. I think the premiership will come from either Manly, Storm, Dragons or Tigers. Warriors will beat Brisbane but we have their measure.

If the Storm win I will hand in my Tipping License.

The best result for us now (I think) would be Manly and the Donkeys winning in week 1 and Melbourne losing. That means that we could not face either before the Grand final (it also eliminates the Warriors who concern me). However, maybe it would be better playing one of these depleted sides in a preliminary final than the Tigers or Dragons?

It's effectively what happened in 2008 when Melbourne lost so it was 1v3 in one preliminary final and then 2v8 in the other.

Seeing that he plays for one of the NRL darlings the broncos the likely scenario is that he will sucessfully have his charge downgraded and miss one week.

bob dylan said:
torana355 said:

If the Storm win I will hand in my Tipping License.

Yeah but you can never write off a team that has three of the best players in the world in the side.

tookey said:
Seeing that he plays for one of the NRL darlings the broncos the likely scenario is that he will sucessfully have his charge downgraded and miss one week.

From what I've read, he can only miss 0, 2 or 3 weeks. If he gets it downgraded he plays this week.

Volley said:
tookey said:

From what I've read, he can only miss 0, 2 or 3 weeks. If he gets it downgraded he plays this week.

Odds of that happening would surely be in the vacinity of about $1.05.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6