This is a bottom 4 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dude:

• Harry Grant (adductor, round 13)
  • Alec MacDonald (illness, round 13)
  • Will Warbrick (ribs, round 12)
  • Nelson Asofa-Solomona (knee, round 13)
  • Ryan Papenhuyzen (knee/hamstring, round 15)
  • Tepai Moeroa (shoulder, round 15)
  • Reimis Smith (pectoral, round 22)
  • Christian Welch (achilles, season)
It's a dead set gee-up if you're using injuries as an excuse. Also, Melbourne are historically one of the most penalized teams in the league, but they just deal with it, and win anyways.

All I heard right there from you, was excuses. And frrankly, most people have had enough.

In regards to us making the 8, we'd need to be able to beat a top 8 side for that to occur (let alone a top 4 team). We can't beat either. This team has a stink to it, and people are losing interest all over the shop. And they only have themselves to blame.
Thats all well and good, not using the injuries as an excuse, but the fact is we have injuries... We have a good top 17 and depth is avg in comparison.

Lets not sugar coat that we also had these guys out...

Apart from Harry Grant and Paps for storm , we were way more hindered than they were in personell that was missing

• Jason Saab (toe, round 13)
  • Martin Taupau (quad, round 13)
  • Karl Lawton (suspension, round 13)
  • Dylan Walker (knee, TBC)
  • Tom Trbojevic (shoulder, season)
  • Ben Trbojevic (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (knee, indefinite)
  • Morgan Boyle (ankle, indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (knee, mid-season)
Add to that the fact that technically storms first two tries although im ok with them , were actually no tires

Nearly every week our backline has had to change. Yes some of it is Des fault , some of it not, but imo he should leave players in their best position and only change who needs to be changed

Tom hasn’t been much chop this season anyway. Our forwards are poop. They need cleaning out.
Just to illustrate that watch the defensive line speed of Penrith,Storm,Cows, Sharks, Broncos, compared to ours. They rush up and hit hard for 80 minutes. We amble up, soft touch tackles allowing the opposition quick play the balls. We look gassed after 15 minutes. Our conditioning is diabolical.

We just don’t build enough momentum to earn the right to throw the ball around to stretch teams.

Last night we defended well in the first half but we just make the wrong choices at critical times.

I know this isn’t a major issue (minor compared to other things) but at the end of the first half Storm kick towards Jorges corner. Jorge was so slow to get to it and when he does he has Coates bearing down on him and tackled in goal. WTF didn’t he just take the ball over the sideline? With the luck we have i was expecting him to fumble that and Storm having a chance to score. It’s just dumb decisions that give other teams a leg up and me leaving the house for a minute to swear out my frustration.

Storm weren’t special at all last night, we were just $hithouse and that’s not on Tom not being there. Hold onto the ball and be disciplined and we were a shot to win that.

Des needs to drum into their heads to control what they can as possession and completion is king in the modern game. We are definitely bottom a bottom 4 team, top 10 at a stretch. I know injuries have disrupted our flow etc but fmd we have had that problem for the last couple of yrs so can’t use that as a reason anymore.

Des work on a plan B ffs!! And i mean not just sticking Garrick at 1
How do you go to a plan B when you never have a plan A ??? Haven’t you been watching our games - like a rudderless ship going round in circles led by Captain DCE !!!

Changes need to be made from coaching, office and player recruitment. If we continue moving forward with this mediocrity the club will suffer into the future. I'm seriously reconsidering what membership I purchase next season so I can attend less games. I'm also slowly not caring about the team as much as I used too and I'm usually passionate but the inconsistencies with each season has me scratching my head.

I've gone from watching every NRL game to watching Manly games to now switching off before the end.. TBH I'm not enjoying NRL much these days. Not just manly being pants but the NRL itself has lost touch with what the game is about. It's become an arrogant bastion of inept officials running games without accountability with bias to certain teams which is unchallengeable. If your team speaks out they get fined. We all watched that game against the eels. It was reffed so obviously one sided-ly that even the usual manly hating supporters came out on social media saying were were ****ed over by the refs & bunker. Show some respect - respect is earned....

Last edited:
Amidst all the emotion this is a really good post. Why does he so frequently pick a bench and keep a bloke on the bench until the 72nd minute! It’s insane. Jake has to have a spell as well. He’s great Jake but give him a spell and he can come on fresh for the last 30mins or so. Schu get him starting and working in sone match fitness. He needs to be out there for the 80. Feel a bit for KDL tonight. Should have got more time.
Agree the forwards were gassed and they were fresh legs on the bench but no changes for ages!

I've gone from watching every NRL game to watching Manly games to now switching off before the end.. TBH I'm not enjoying NRL much these days. Not just manly being pants but the NRL itself has lost touch with what the game is about. It's become an arrogant bastion of inept officials running games without accountability with bias to certain teams which is unchallengeable. If your team speaks out they get fined. We all watched that game against the eels. It was reffed so obviously one sided-ly that even the usual manly hating supporters cam on on social media saying were were ****ed over by the refs & bunker. Show some respect - respect is earned....
Exactly this. And this is why once full time is blown win lose or draw I pretty well move on. The sport is an embarrassment tbh. Officiating is just atrocious. We never deserved to win last night due to our own stupidity but they should have had 3 tries pulled up. The bunker is an absolute stain on the game.

Have only just seen the first half...(will comment if I can after viewing second)
Dominance is established early,not so down as others on here (but I am an optimist)
Jorge contributed a lot to poor field position early, dropping kicks and not even contesting,creating confusion and Des can take full responsibility for that.
4 times in first 15 minutes we gave away penalties to allow them out of their half. We know we will get no fair advantage from the refs and we need to be clinical,this is on the players.
There were dud calls,Koula not being given a penalty when obstructed and then Storm being given multiple set restarts etc....
We tried hard and moved upfield well,would like to see DCE take it strongly to the line and look to put outside players running hard at line into gaps like Foran,but that is why he is less injured I guess.....
His effort leading to the first try was ****e.

Just to illustrate that watch the defensive line speed of Penrith,Storm,Cows, Sharks, Broncos, compared to ours. They rush up and hit hard for 80 minutes. We amble up, soft touch tackles allowing the opposition quick play the balls. We look gassed after 15 minutes. Our conditioning is diabolical.
its the players, not the conditioning. any amount of conditioning is not going to make me run faster than Usain bolt. Players that can have quick acceleration (line speed), speedy lateral movements, is largely based on their talent and to a lessor extent, conditioning. Like most of us fans know, the salary cap just aint there to recruit talented players.

Have only just seen the first half...(will comment if I can after viewing second)
Dominance is established early,not so down as others on here (but I am an optimist)
Jorge contributed a lot to poor field position early, dropping kicks and not even contesting,creating confusion and Des can take full responsibility for that.
4 times in first 15 minutes we gave away penalties to allow them out of their half. We know we will get no fair advantage from the refs and we need to be clinical,this is on the players.
There were dud calls,Koula not being given a penalty when obstructed and then Storm being given multiple set restarts etc....
We tried hard and moved upfield well,would like to see DCE take it strongly to the line and look to put outside players running hard at line into gaps like Foran,but that is why he is less injured I guess.....
His effort leading to the first try was ****e.
Agree exactly - someone else who saw the game through clear eyes. We were completely in the game and had defended exceptionally well. Jorge was horrible under the high ball... but not sure that is Des' fault - he wasn't out there, but yes he did pick him whereas I think he should have picked Weekes. The penalties however were absolutely the killers. That killed all momentum along with the dumb errors by Walker, Haumole, Aloiai.

• Harry Grant (adductor, round 13)
  • Alec MacDonald (illness, round 13)
  • Will Warbrick (ribs, round 12)
  • Nelson Asofa-Solomona (knee, round 13)
  • Ryan Papenhuyzen (knee/hamstring, round 15)
  • Tepai Moeroa (shoulder, round 15)
  • Reimis Smith (pectoral, round 22)
  • Christian Welch (achilles, season)
It's a dead set gee-up if you're using injuries as an excuse. Also, Melbourne are historically one of the most penalized teams in the league, but they just deal with it, and win anyways.
Melbourne had classy players out like Grant , Big Nelson , Papenhuyzen and Welsh out and still out classed us .

Their injury list left them with one of the weakest bench of the round in Wishart ,Loiero, Lewis and Jordan Grant but all storm players were more dominant team than us

A 28 to 8 ( 5 tries to 2 ) comprehensive loss is always disappointing but it is more demoralizing when a Manly team is never in the game . Mediocre is not what Manly stands for
Mediocre Manly Games like that are an insult to our Legendary clubs proud winning history and proud Manly people are hurting

After 12 rounds we have not dealt with our issues that are bringing us down

When I say us I mean all of us . Our proud club , Our proud supporters and Our proud sponsors who are associated with us .

There is a saying...
when the going gets tough . The tough get going
Do we have it in us ???
Over to Des and his playing group

Last edited:
johnny depp crying GIF
Sad Cry Baby GIF by Aaron Taos
Cry Baby Crying GIF by The Lumineers
Sad Outer Space GIF by NASA
boo hoo cry baby GIF
Lebron James Basketball GIF by ADWEEK
cry baby GIF