This is a bottom 4 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Melbourne had classy players out like Grant , Big Nelson , Papenhuyzen and Welsh out and still out classed us .

Their injury list left them with one of the weakest bench of the round in Wishart ,Loiero, Lewis and Jordan Grant but all storm players were more dominant team than us

A 28 to 8 ( 5 tries to 2 ) comprehensive loss is always disappointing but is is more demoralizing when a Manly team is never in the game . Mediocre is not what Manly stands for
Mediocre Manly Games like that are an insult to our Legendary clubs proud winning history and proud Manly people are hurting

After 12 rounds we have not dealt with our issues that are bringing us down

When I say us I mean all of us . Our proud club , Our proud supporters and Our proud sponsors who are associated with us .

There is a saying...
when the going gets tough . The tough get going
Do we have it in us ???
Over to Des and his playing group
Great post mate. I think this shows fellow posters you can consider both the struggles and the positives.

Couldn't agree more !

No. They're getting a new coach.
Least they are trying to make change, hey. Look at their recruitment. Mahoney, Burton, TPJ, Vaughan, Kikau, Brandon Burns, Dufty etc etc etc, coaching director to help the coach, a new coach now.

What have we done ? Bullemor (who can't make the team). The end. Don't even HAVE a CEO or CFO.

They clearly don't give a ****. Why should we ?

Least they are trying to make change, hey. Look at their recruitment. Mahoney, Burton, TPJ, Vaughan, Kikau, Brandon Burns, Dufty etc etc etc, coaching director to help the coach, a new coach now.

What have we done ? Bullemor (who can't make the team). The end. Don't even HAVE a CEO or CFO.

They clearly don't give a ****. Why should we ?
Bulldogs recruitment Perspective ....
Disgraced and unwanted players Vaughan and Dufty
Rejects from other clubs Brandon Burns
TPJ Pangai Junior was stood down indefinitely by the NRL and fined $30,000 for "multiple breaches" and pissed off by the Broncos

Where are your standards feathered friend Ryan ???

Bulldogs recruitment Perspective ....
Disgraced and unwanted players Vaughan and Dufty
Rejects from other clubs Brandon Burns
TPJ Pangai Junior was stood down indefinitely by the NRL and fined $30,000 for "multiple breaches" and pissed off by the Broncos

Where are your standards feathered friend Ryan ???

The point is they are trying to make changes. Despite us being trash, we aren't, and don't even have staff to facilitate change.

Great post mate. I think this shows fellow posters you can consider both the struggles and the positives.

Couldn't agree more !

There is nothing positive about Mediocre Manly performances

Manly stands for Magnificence and not Mediocre

Love our club enough to never lower our high standards and high expectations

Our legendary club stands for nothing but Greatness
And we should expect nothing but Greatness from all the ones that represent us !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

The point is they are trying to make changes. Despite us being trash, we aren't, and don't even have staff to facilitate change.
What great changes have the Dogs made this year ?
The changes they made back fired on them as they fired their coach and all those great signing that you have talked about have them running dead last

Please do not compare us to the dogs . We may have our issues but the dogs are a complete basket case on and off the field

Right now - Manly are playing like a bottom 4 side.....I hope they prove me wrong in coming weeks, but that's how I see them today....sloppy defence leaking points and players in a scattered defensive line not in sync and in attack 1 out footy looking at the stands for a bloke injured to save them, instead of supporting those on the field and then it's constant penalties, errors and playing as individuals rather than a team, both in attack and defence.
Can they improve - Yes
Will they improve - I damn hope so
Are they bottom 4 today - Yes or thereabouts

Can they improve - Yes
Will they improve - I damn hope so
Are they bottom 4 today - Yes or thereabouts
Can we improve ?
Will we improve ?
Right now we are a team that has good players out of form and as team we are playing without confidence

Form and confidence Can change but Will this happen before it is too far down the end of the season ?

Not all his fault, but manly are going nowhere whilst DCE is there.

His defence is awful, reading defence, always needing players to finish off his tackle cause he just slows them down, good or great game 1 out of every 3 or so, isnt an organising half so if manly are out of sorts that day then DCE just gets worse, cant utilise Ola or Koula effectively like Foz can.....and he is on top dollar. He can kick field goals and 40/20's.

Either cut his salary or look to the future and have a little more to spend on worthy players.
Would he be best swapping with foz this season..let foz control things and take pressure of him to maybe get some consistency or is he just plain out crap lol

That was a terrible display... well up to Munster stealing the ball the second time in a couple of minutes... that was enough for me. To me last night's game was all on dumb players making dumb errors. As a coach Hasler has to take on board the criticism of why players are making such dumb errors but I would guess from what I saw Hasler doesn't coach and cant be responsible for these howlers:-

DCE making a terrible mistake in not trusting the inside players on the first try;

Jorge/Garrick/Tippytoes/Harper continually being bewildered as to who was taking the bomb and in actually catching the bomb a few times with not much pressure on them. That comes back purely I think in the main to Jorge being spooked by the bomb from that first kick and the lack of confidence spreading;

Jorge/Tippytoes dropping them cold;

Jake not covering up from the inside on the second try - he went to sleep;

Keppie dropping that ball that wasn't called but a knock on every game and Keppie does the same thing EVERY game;

Jorge/Koula having the ball stripped when Des would have replayed over and over to watch Munster taking the pill and stripped within minutes. Koula is just plain inexperience.... Jorge should have had it glued to his body;

Schuster making that error right before half time.... we had Garrick free on that play... might not have been a try but a long long raid was there to be had;

Haumole dropping that ball when we were on their tryline;

Aloiai running behind Sipley... Aloiai played great.. Sipley had a decent game but boneheaded play... just drop on the ground arghhhhhh;

The continued offsides down in their 20..... it is hard to get back into the line and in line with the ref when you are fatigued... that can be bloody challenging..... BUT it is certainly not as hard to get back in line with the ref when we have them pinned. That is not fatigued and us dragging our butts to get a line organised... that is players being idiots... not getting back in line and simply jumping the gun. Those penalties above all are the killers - absolute killers! There were I think 5 in the first half alone. We are piggybacking them straight out of their own end. We get rid of those penalties and there is a huge change in momentum and field position right there;

Walker offloading that stupid ball.

For 50 minutes (as I said I didn't watch after the Munster second strip that was enough stupidity for me) we defended fabulously but again you can't keep turning the ball over and have the energy to then have a fantastic flowing attack AND the energy to defend. I thought our attack when we had the ball was pretty decent - we pulled them apart and we had opportunities. Certainly in the first half Davey was tagged just as he looked like bursting through the line albeit they looked suspect passes to me from Foran. To me Des has to get super super tough on the boneheaded plays. All those plays above are just boneheaded - players committing the stupid errors not the fault of Penn not Des not Donny not the Mascot not Tommy's injury not all the other injuries... players making ridiculous stupid decisions and having terrible execution. Players that are high quality like Schu, Haumole, Aloiai, Tippytoes, Koula, Garrick just clocking off for a second. It is obviously hard with our injuries to sack dumb players and put them on the bench and out of the squad but when we get a few cattle back and maybe this week we get Lawton, maybe Saab back and the week after maybe Parker/Paseka there needs to be some brutal reactions from Des for the boneheaded plays. The coach has overall responsibility and he has to take responsibility for the outcomes and as such it is on him.... but just not sure he coaches players to makes those errors or in fact when a player is on the field how he can stop a player making those errors. But yes we get rid of those killing penalties and that is a start. But yes Des needs to start benching the boneheads.
Excellent observation mate..I noticed in last nights broncos titans match that the titans always had their trainer on the field with them instructing them..is this something des needs to consider doing to try to minimise errors and instruct players

Excellent observation mate..I noticed in last nights broncos titans match that the titans always had their trainer on the field with them instructing them..is this something des needs to consider doing to try to minimise errors and instruct players
Long as he wasn't out there when Broncos scored 5 tries in 15 minutes- but. I get your point

They need a huge kick up the arse for the dumb decisions they all make.

Our Manly Greatness is not all about where we are at the moment

Our Manly Greatness is all about our Great Character that will take us where we want to be

Show some Character and do your selves your Manly people and your Legendary club proud
for God's Sake !

1653716600070.png

Last edited:
Definitely bottom 4 currently but I’m hoping they get some pride in the jersey and can at least lift to 9-12.

Cannot see this side making the 8, and even if they do they’ll be cannon fodder.

I can see only 1 win in the next four games and it could even be 4 losses, lose the next 4 and we are well and truly bottom dwellers.

I want premierships not just top 4 every second year and then a dog **** year
I agree with you 100 % feathered friend .

Only Winning premierships defines our Legendary clubs Greatness

Second Best is not a Manly thing !

I only mentioned top 4 as this thread was about our current and sad bottom 4 status

Soar into the top 4 and the sky is the limit

1653768463429.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8