This is GOLD ... Marty Tiktok

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His virtually over ran the ball player on most of those clips no wonder he didn’t get the ball.
Propably for the best anyway as he would have messed up in the play the ball.

Des rejected Marty's request for release to the Eels twice

GF week is a long drawn out period for some journos,given theres only two teams and only so many sob/background stories one can write about.But even this connection is a stretch particularly with Taupau’s form at Manly and the way Brad Arthur uses his bench.But I’ve seen a bit of this journos work and linking Craig Bellamy to Manly’s coaching job,wouldn’t be too far fetched for him.

About the only thing our coach had done right in denying Taupau a release. Now Marty you can **** off and play with whoever is game enough to sign you. Your poor performances can be attributed to the fact you were denied a release.

Wow so he thinks he would've just waltzed into that Parra side. At the expense of who ?
His lame performances for Manly all year wouldn't have gotten him at start anywhere else let alone a GF side. Glad he's gone but that's so sad because he'd been one of my favourites for years. Boy this club turns careers to sh*t now.

Marty "s Manly form has been a bit iffy for quite a few seasons now . Realize that it hard to maintain continuous block buster type performances week in week out at N R L level but Marty "s tyro type [ or regularly ] efforts sadly just seem like a distant memory now . Aware that there were other factors with A F B 's departure but just so unfortunate for Manly that Marty did not leave instead of him a couple of seasons ago . And definitely a bit on the optimistic side for Marty to have expected to be an automatic inclusion in the Eels top 17

Des rejected Marty's request for release to the Eels twice

Lmao unbelievable. Time for a bit of perspective for Marty

We were in striking distance of grand finals more than once and he sure would've helped Manly a lot more in taking that extra step if he wasn't such a plodder

"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do"

In his last 7 seasons (all seasons with us), he has not once (not even one year) averaged under 100 metres a game. In fact, since his time with us, he's averaged 141 metres per game, making him the biggest, most consistent metre maker at our club.

Then take into consideration his off field leadership (total clean skin), and his arrogant (in a good way) attitude on the field, and dietary mentor-ship with the group.

Marty not only has been a massive asset to our club, but an absolute ornament to our club and ambassador of our brand.

We'll miss his quality, effort, attitude, consistency on the field BIG time. Who's going to fill the massive hole he's leaving and consistently get 100+ metres a game now?

Stats taken from : Martin Taupau

Ridiculous to think based on current form that he would be playing today.

But we probably should have let him go , would have given us a few hundred thousand of extra cap space.

In his last 7 seasons (all seasons with us), he has not once (not even one year) averaged under 100 metres a game. In fact, since his time with us, he's averaged 141 metres per game, making him the biggest, most consistent metre maker at our club.

Then take into consideration his off field leadership (total clean skin), and his arrogant (in a good way) attitude on the field, and dietary mentor-ship with the group.

Marty not only has been a massive asset to our club, but an absolute ornament to our club and ambassador of our brand.

We'll miss his quality, effort, attitude, consistency on the field BIG time. Who's going to fill the massive hole he's leaving and consistently get 100+ metres a game now?

Stats taken from : Martin Taupau

Yep you would expect your most highly paid prop over the seven seasons to have made the most metres.

Thats cool if you like Marty - so do I. Just saying that he hasn't delivered anything special for the money he has been paid.

Yep you would expect your most highly paid prop over the seven seasons to have made the most metres.

Thats cool if you like Marty - so do I. Just saying that he hasn't delivered anything special for the money he has been paid.
Remember , $850k this year

Bit of a shame he leaves on a sour note of asking for a release when we needed him. We were crueld with forward injuries & he wanted to fark off to Para to play a GF he had no part in getting them too (apart from our losses to them). Oh well good luck with your new club & off you go.

I'm an unashamed Manly Kapow fan, he was great for us on off the field but just my opinion.

This news dissapoints me, asking for a release twice when we were still in the hunt or even asking during a sinking ship moment, and basically leaving on a sour note, if these last comments about playing for the eels were his sours his Manly legacy in my eyes.

I'm an unashamed Manly Kapow fan, he was great for us on off the field but just my opinion.

This news dissapoints me, asking for a release twice when we were still in the hunt or even asking during a sinking ship moment, and basically leaving on a sour note, if these last comments about playing for the eels were his sours his Manly legacy in my eyes.
Has any long serving Manly player really left us on a good note over the last decade or more ?? We seem to have the knack of seeing them off before their time in acrimonious circumstances or disappear into an injury cloud mist. The list is endless mostly with no fan fare, no golden handshakes, little to no tributes. Wonder if DCE will get flicked into the gutter.

Hasler would have been lynched by our fans if he had facilitated Marty's request. Especially at a time where we were in contention!

Our eternal enemy approaches him and expects us to stand aside. HE IS DREAMING!!

There is not a cats chance in hell that they would help us and anyone who puts on the maroon and white shirt needs to understand that they are despised by many of our fans!

Hasler would have been lynched by our fans if he had facilitated Marty's request. Especially at a time where we were in contention!

Our eternal enemy approaches him and expects us to stand aside. HE IS DREAMING!!

There is not a cats chance in hell that they would help us and anyone who puts on the maroon and white shirt needs to understand that they are despised by many of our fans!
And there in lies the reasons . Our generation of players do not grasp the history, the rivalry and the hatred we have for them. They don't embrace the soul and spirit of this club and that is why we've become a halfway home for players.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7