this is the team we should have

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And these are the women I should have:
0430-little-women-1.jpg

Nate Myles kids?

So does that mean that you think DCE is a poor defender Turbo? Cos he has one of the better low tackling techniques going around in the NRL today, and I really don't think he is a weakness in D...
No I'm saying Guthersons a bad defensive reader. He was one of the top 5 players to cause linebreaks in defence.

I really can't see what this love in with Koroisau is all about.
The role of a hooker is quick service when you need it (and yes I can see the irony of that statement).
Koroisau while a good defender can't pass from the ground. He's not zippy enough around the ruck. He lacks imagination. There is no way in hell he should be anywhere near starting at hooker.
And turbo this gutherson to 5/8 talk is foolish. Yes I agree that he's shown some flair and potential in the position but at this very moment he's a fill in. A lot like Walker was for us only difference is that gutho can pass, put people in holes and look a little like a 5/8.
Next year if he's still there he will have teams playing to his ability and may find it a lot harder.
Again I wouldn't want him in my starting 5/8 position any Time soon.
What we need is an organiser. A proven 5/8 and in green that's what we have.

My banned list includes.
Brown - banned from ever playing for Manly again
Koroisau - banned from starting hooker
Myles - just banned
John cartwright - banned from attempting to coach ever again
Twenty - banned from ever saying ' I was real proud of the effort tonight'
Fulton - banned from getting any more players from correctional facilities.
Turbo - banned from praising Koroisau ever again

I really can't see what this love in with Koroisau is all about.
The role of a hooker is quick service when you need it (and yes I can see the irony of that statement).
Koroisau while a good defender can't pass from the ground. He's not zippy enough around the ruck. He lacks imagination. There is no way in hell he should be anywhere near starting at hooker.
And turbo this gutherson to 5/8 talk is foolish. Yes I agree that he's shown some flair and potential in the position but at this very moment he's a fill in. A lot like Walker was for us only difference is that gutho can pass, put people in holes and look a little like a 5/8.
Next year if he's still there he will have teams playing to his ability and may find it a lot harder.
Again I wouldn't want him in my starting 5/8 position any Time soon.
What we need is an organiser. A proven 5/8 and in green that's what we have.

My banned list includes.
Brown - banned from ever playing for Manly again
Koroisau - banned from starting hooker
Myles - just banned
John cartwright - banned from attempting to coach ever again
Twenty - banned from ever saying ' I was real proud of the effort tonight'
Fulton - banned from getting any more players from correctional facilities.
Turbo - banned from praising Koroisau ever again
The reasons why I like Api as a hooker is his zip which he has heaps of, and he lacks no imagination what so ever he is very creative and some times too creative, and once he fixes that passing he will be the ideal hooker but is yet to do that which holds him back, it seems to be late in the game when he really struggles with that passing which leads me to believe it's fatigue. And I don't rate Gutherson at all at 5/8 really, if you have read the "Gutherson on the cheap thread" you'd see I'm the one always whinging when people talk up Gutherson as a 6. The only true comment you made was we need an organiser and now we have Green, and if you had also read the "Blake Green thread" you'd see I'm one of his fans. Get your facts straight before you come ranting.

Ranting! Really?

I made 2 main points.

Koroisau is not good enough.
You have an abnormal love for the man which not many on here have.

Both fact. No ranting here just comment.

On Gutho.
Why oh why then have him in ' the side we should have list' at 5/8 then?

I'm sorry but the facts are Api doesn't have the creative zip and speed needed.... not sure what you see that the rest of the world doesn't?

And the best bit is the ' once he fixes that passing' comment. WTF. An nrl standard No.9 shouldn't have to fix his passing game. If he hasn't already got it then he ain't gonna find it down his y fronts... he was moved on from souths. Let go by the panthers so what's that say?

Apologies also for not reading whatever post you mentioned about gutho. While im a diehard manly man thru and thru and I do enjoy this board I don't have the time to cross-reference people's true feelings for a topic. If you have a player in your 'this is the side we should have' then it's pretty obvious you must rate that player in that position....NO?????

Rant over.

Last edited:
Ranting! Really?

I made 2 main points.

Koroisau is not good enough.
You have an abnormal love for the man which not many on here have.

Both fact. No ranting here just comment.

On Gutho.
Why oh why then have him in ' the side we should have list' at 5/8 then?

I'm sorry but the facts are Api doesn't have the creative zip and speed needed.... not sure what you see that the rest of the world doesn't?

And the best bit is the ' once he fixes that passing' comment. WTF. An nrl standard No.9 shouldn't have to fix his passing game. If he hasn't already got it then he ain't gonna find it down his y fronts... he was moved on from souths. Let go by the panthers so what's that say?

Apologies also for not reading whatever post you mentioned about gutho. While im a diehard manly man thru and thru and I do enjoy this board I don't have the time to cross-reference people's true feelings for a topic. If you have a player in your 'this is the side we should have' then it's pretty obvious you must rate that player in that position....NO?????

Rant over.
Moved on from Souths for Issac Luke, a kiwi international. Moved on from Panthers due to James Segeyaro who he almost took the spot of. Speed and zip is the main things that makes Api admirable, he is a fast dummy half and one of our fastest players more skill than most dummy halves out there have but lacks the crucial component of stamina which leads to his poor passing. Gutherson was not in my team at 6 he was at 4. I rate gutho as an outside back but not an inside back.

Moved on from Souths for Issac Luke, a kiwi international. Moved on from Panthers due to James Segeyaro who he almost took the spot of. Speed and zip is the main things that makes Api admirable, he is a fast dummy half and one of our fastest players more skill than most dummy halves out there have but lacks the crucial component of stamina which leads to his poor passing. Gutherson was not in my team at 6 he was at 4. I rate gutho as an outside back but not an inside back.

I agree guthers as an outside back.

But

I just don't see what you see in Api.

I have seen some great no.9's pull on the manly maroon and white and Api just isn't one of them.
Too many mistakes. Too many balls to DCE either behind or flat. Defence knows his method and just waits on him.
It's no coincidence that when parcell comes on things open up and look more fluid.

A good value utility but not my starting hooker.

API misses a tackle every 18 minutes on average
DCE misses every 37.9 minutes
Parcell misses a tackle every 56.8 minutes
Facts from NRL 2016
( ps ) API's Defense is statistically equal worst in the NRL & interestingly , just as bad : Greg Bird is 18.8 minutes per missed tackle.

Look I like Api and I have just realised that in my last number of team list I have forgotten Parcell... I completely forgot about him cause he didn't play for the latter half of the season, I had been having him at hooker but just had a blank. ATM Koroisau is the best utility we have and Parcell the best hooker. But I really haven't seen if either of them can win us a premiership. Parcell was amazing in reserves but is yet to show what he can do in the NRL, hopefully one of them or both can lead us to a premiership.

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
API misses a tackle every 18 minutes on average
DCE misses every 37.9 minutes
Parcell misses a tackle every 56.8 minutes
Facts from NRL 2016
( ps ) API's Defense is statistically equal worst in the NRL & interestingly , just as bad : Greg Bird is 18.8 minutes per missed tackle.
Aggressive defenders usually miss a lot of tackles e.g. Lussick, Koroisau, Bird, Hodgson.

Look at the 2 GF teams number 9s. Great skill, fierce competitors, great controllers of a game and ability to push and drive their teams harder. Api is nowhere near this. Parcell maybe in a few years. Otherwise neither will get us anywhere near top 4.
Yes ATM unsure Parcell is going to be a star or not, he really hasn't done anything special in the NRL as yet. He makes tackles but has done a matt ballin most games and won't run the ball. If Parcell is going to lead us to a premiership he needs to some stuff in attack. Even matt ballin got involved in plays.

T
Look I like Api and I have just realised that in my last number of team list I have forgotten Parcell... I completely forgot about him cause he didn't play for the latter half of the season, I had been having him at hooker but just had a blank. ATM Koroisau is the best utility we have and Parcell the best hooker. But I really haven't seen if either of them can win us a premiership. Parcell was amazing in reserves but is yet to show what he can do in the NRL, hopefully one of them or both can lead us to a premiership.

turbo

The street lights are on
Time to have a rest and practice your team lists 10 times before you go to bed without saying Api

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7