Thoughts from Redcliffe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Firstly, so happy to get to a game today and what great weather for it!

Had great seats on halfway and so happy to see the boys up close in action. The game itself, well we all watched it pretty ordinary really but we did what was needed and are now in the 4. A few observations that me and the young fella noted today:

Redcliffe is a great little venue to watch footy.
The surface might be the best I’ve ever seen!
Heaps of Manly supporters imo the most of the 4 clubs.
Tried to go wide too early without denting the middle.
Dogs offside nearly all match, but tbh so were we
Our attack is really flat. Most plays are right at the line. Been a while since I’d been that close and that was the first thing I noticed.
Aloai hit ups off the kick off were f$&@en intense. He hits it up so hard. He’s also bigger than he looks on TV
Tom is everywhere but at times a little over involved and stifled things a bit. Put that down to us lacking patience.
Saab is really, really quick, but gee he can bomb a try.
Guac is massive!
$6 cans of beer were good for me!
The idiot Bunker referred to Keppie on the dogs challenge.
Like what Walker offered. He’s a pest around the middle and has good energy about him.

Lots more observations of course but anyway we are in the 4 and happy to see a game live after the Redcliffe game v Sharks was pulled the day before. Thinking of you guys and gals in Sydney who can’t get along to games, me and the young cheered for you all!

Attachments

• 2185BD35-F0F4-4348-BA99-5686712D280D.jpeg
    2185BD35-F0F4-4348-BA99-5686712D280D.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for your interesting thoughts @Waz13 and very happy for you that you were able to finally attend a Manly game.

We should've been at Brookie today but thank you for cheering for us. So glad the boys still got plenty of maroon and white support and that they got the win.

The sun caused alot of problems at the ground I noticed. Plenty of dropped catches in both games. Was it hot and that bright?
Really hot up here today Damien. My son played under11s at 1130 and was exhausted and really struggled at the game - and we were in the main stand under shade. Defending the southern end at Reddy is really tough. The south east corner (Saab was there in the first half) is looking right into the sun. It’s near on impossible to see the ball. Very hot up here today and not much of a breeze in the reddy peninsula today.

Really hot up here today Damien. My son played under11s at 1130 and was exhausted and really struggled at the game - and we were in the main stand under shade. Defending the southern end at Reddy is really tough. The south east corner (Saab was there in the first half) is looking right into the sun. It’s near on impossible to see the ball. Very hot up here today and not much of a breeze in the reddy peninsula today.
Makes sense why we lost sight of the ball at times. It's good we got the win but hopefully we can step it up and play with more intensity next week.

Thanks Waz13.

So...

"Thoughts from my office"

- Got to about 9pm.
-sat in me chair
-asked not to be interrupted (didn't work)
-logged onto the stream
-watched on a tiny screen, in silence
-posted drivel
-read drivel.
-at midnight the dog decided it had to go outside to pee.

Had great seats on halfway and so happy to see the boys up close in action. The game itself, well we all watched it pretty ordinary really but we did what was needed and are now in the 4. A few observations that me and the young fella noted today:

Our attack is really flat. Most plays are right at the line. Been a while since I’d been that close and that was the first thing I noticed.
Aloai hit ups off the kick off were f$&@en intense. He hits it up so hard. He’s also bigger than he looks on TV
Tom is everywhere but at times a little over involved and stifled things a bit. Put that down to us lacking patience.
Guac is massive!
Like what Walker offered. He’s a pest around the middle and has good energy about him.

Lots more observations of course but anyway we are in the 4 and happy to see a game live after the Redcliffe game v Sharks was pulled the day before. Thinking of you guys and gals in Sydney who can’t get along to games, me and the young cheered for you all!
Having Tommy do a lap of honour was so fitting. The many Sea Eagle fans there all stood as one.

So, Waz13, did you get along to Morgan’s for a feed? I really used to enjoy getting some fresh oysters and other seafood at Morgan’s when I used to live at Suttons Beach there in Redcliffe.

Thanks Waz13.

So...

"Thoughts from my office"

- Got to about 9pm.
-sat in me chair
-asked not to be interrupted (didn't work)
-logged onto the stream
-watched on a tiny screen, in silence
-posted drivel
-read drivel.
-at midnight the dog decided it had to go outside to pee.
You may post drivel, but I commend you that it is always grammatically correct.

Guac is massive!

Thank you for your Manly contribution by making the effort and going to the game and Inspiring our team to a win feathered friend . Well Done !!!

Guac is massive!

couldn't help yourself, had to rub it in to all us new south welshmen(&women) that you can still enjoy a sunday arvo at the footy!
good luck to you!

It's a nice spot for a weekender too, plenty of good pubs and family friendly, plus awesome fishing spots and the Sunday markets are a "Must"....every dog breed plays part, good food, much needed quality coffee stands to choose from and set overlooking the ocean
Take the family here 3-4 times a year when allowed and highly recommend it....did I mention an Amazing footy field and watching the Seaeagles in this environment topped it all off

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8