Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Rex said:
Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:
Keep sticking up for News Ltd HH. Or is it Rupert?

As if a Manly fan that lived through Super League while living in Brisbane, would have the time or inclination to support News as a matter of course.

Grow up, Rex. Your continuous labelling and misdirection are pitiful.

You love giving it out, HH, and cry "poor me" every time its mirrored back.

Just saying ...

Feel free to share an instance here where I've assumed a political label for you in a disparaging manner, due to your opinion.

For somebody that continually claims the world is full of 'prejudices' stemming from sheeple incapable of thinking for themselves, you seem incapable of understanding that people can have opinions seperate to their more general leanings.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Four Corners last night…not sure what others thought but my take: there was a notable lack of naming of names. Nevertheless it did give a detailed insight into the sophisticated lengths to which pro sports go to dope athletes yet shield them from being caught. This sophistication explains starkly the lack of positive tests and why that means zilch.

The program confirmed there are realistic fears of widespread PED use in pro sport in this country – and going back many years - and also the links with crime. However whether the current drug investigation has any hope of getting to the bottom of it is questionable, though I suppose this still remains to be seen.

Anyone else watch it?

Got the same read from it. But noted more emphasis on individual sporting pursuits being 'at risk', as opposed to the heavily scrutinised football codes.

But an even-handed release that covered the likes of cycling, athletics or weightlifting (complete with their respective sports heads) wasn't going to grab the public's attention in this country.

ANTHONY Watmough says if there is one positive to come out of the fact Manly are caught up in the ASADA investigation it is this: He is proud of the way the club's board and coaching staff have stood up for the players.

While the Test forward admitted the NRL could have offered more support, he said the club couldn't have offered more from day one.

"For all the infighting that is talked about here, I think this whole situation has been handled tremendously well by our club," Watmough said. "The players have felt more safe than ever before.

"Whatever happens, the club has backed us 110 per cent and they have backed every single player."

Asked if the NRL could have done more to help, Watmough said: "Look, I don't know what I can say without getting in too much trouble but it would have been good to have a little bit more support from the game, I thought.

"When we had our meetings, it was like 'this is going to hurt'.

"Instead of getting on the front foot and saying, 'you know what, let's back our players and let's back our brand and let's not let all the crap out in the media. Let's back our players and back our staff.'

"It would have been better if it came out like that but (CEO Dave Smith) is new in the job, he has to answer to people.

"I thought it was pretty bad how he came in and got bamboozled in all this and he is still getting used to it.

"I think it is starting to turn. I think the NRL is starting to back the players a little more now, which is good.

"Hopefully none of this ever happens again, but if it does, hopefully they will get behind the players and support them instead of sit back and say this is going to hurt.

"We do need the support. We are one big family and we have to look after one another."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-forward-anthony-watmough-says-he-is-proud-of-club-has-stood-up-for-players-in-asada-investigation/story-e6frexri-1226626258309
----------------------------------------------------

Manly playing as one, on and off the field :angel:

I saw the 4 Corners program and the bit that struck me was the admission by former head of ASADA Richard Ings that he didn't do anything when allegations were raised with him by Powerlifting Australia of a splinter group - The Council of Australian Powerlifting Organisations, or CAPO as it is known that did not conduct drug testing and CAPO members had criminal backgrounds and links to organised crime.

So the man that said, "It's the blackest day in Australian sport" when that infamous press conference went down, has admitted that he did nothing when serious allegations of drug use & links to organised crime were made about CAPO.

Here is the relevant part of the transcript from the show last night - Robert Wilks is head of Powerlifting Australia that made the complaint to ASADA, Geoff Thompson is the interviewer;

ROBERT WILKS: This is a, a small group which is not represent of our sport, which have chosen to take the path of not having drug testing or not being involved in drug testing, which unfortunately now in recent years has gone further and been associated with various criminal gangs and that's not a healthy path even morally or in terms of physical health.

GEOFF THOMPSON: But the fact that some CAPO members have criminal records is not in dispute. Wayne Howlett's violent past has included prison time for drug offences. Angelo Galati, or Mr Bench as he is known in Melbourne, was found guilty of trafficking steroids. Neither man agreed to be interviewed. CAPO competitions have also been held in bikie clubhouses.

ROBERT WILKS: I've made myself a little bit prominent over the years by ah, contacting ASADA and, and related authorities and saying there is a serious problem here, it's a public health problem, a criminality problem, it's growing and growing and the mechanisms of ASADA doesn't address that issue at all.

GEOFF THOMPSON: ASADA has no jurisdiction over CAPO and other organisations not recognised by the Australian Sports Commission. But back in 2007, Robert Wilks wrote to Richard Ings who was then head of ASADA. He asked that ASADA look at the criminal connections of some of CAPO's members.

RICHARD INGS: The allegations that were levelled by Robert at that particular time were very subjective, they were his personal point of view, there was no additional evidence which was provided to support his accusation and the advice that was given to the Powerlifting association was to work with their off shoot splinter groups within their sport, unite the sport, bring them all under one umbrella so they could fall clearly under the - under the jurisdiction of an organisation like ASADA for basic testing.

GEOFF THOMPSON: But isn't it ASADA's job to investigate such allegations and to refer them on?

RICHARD INGS: Oh absolutely, look it is ASADA's role to pass on intelligence that it may have credible intelligence it may have of criminal misconduct.

GEOFF THOMPSON: So why didn't you?

RICHARD INGS: Well again, I don't recall exactly what the situation was in 2007, I don't recall exactly the information that was provided by Robert, I don't recall exactly what the protocols at that early stage of ASADA were in place for sharing credible intelligence such as that with other organisations.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/22/3740178.htm

One thing I gleaned from the 4 Corners show was that the power lifting is a sport I'd really like my kids to get into. They seem like a really friendly, inclusive bunch of people.

Chip and Chase said:
One thing I gleaned from the 4 Corners show was that the power lifting is a sport I'd really like my kids to get into. They seem like a really friendly, inclusive bunch of people.

Can't think of Power Lifting without thinking of the terrible events that occurred with Popaveli Mandropoff on 1 of the 1st 12th Man CDs

Telecrap classic.

Front page http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

I doped NRL players: drug trafficker

Follow the link http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/world-anti-doping-agency-confirms-growth-hormone-allegedly-used-by-essendon-players-is-a-banned-substance/story-e6frey0r-1226626345644 and find it is a flipping AFL story from the Herald Sun about AFL, drugs and Essendon that the only mention of NRL is in a flipping question put to him.

What a joke.

NRL boss Dave Smith furious after ASADA delays interviews of Cronulla Sharks players for two weeks

NRL boss Dave Smith last night finally lost his patience with ASADA after the agency called off interviews with Sharks players at short notice.

Cronulla players were also fuming last night after ASADA called off their interviews, which were to begin today, condemning the team to several more weeks of uncertainty.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that lawyers contacted the 10 players wanted for interview around lunchtime yesterday to inform them of the delay - less than 24 hours before the first meeting was scheduled.

The delay tipped Smith over the edge, with the NRL boss planning to take it up with the anti-doping authority today.

"It's been three months," Smith said. "It's just not good enough to cancel interviews at this point.

"ASADA should get on with it and I'll be making that clear."

It's understood ASADA needs additional time to gather evidence and the interviews now won't commence for at least another fortnight.

The delay ensures that there will be several more weeks of uncertainty around the club.

A source close to the players last night revealed their frustration.

"This has now basically screwed their season," the source said.

"They've already been waiting a month since receiving the interview notices, and now ASADA suddenly wants more time.

"It might be another two or three weeks until anyone is interviewed, and then that will take a few weeks.

"Then it will take another few weeks for ASADA to decide what to do. That's a long time to leave the players hanging.

"It's just not good enough."

Sharks general manager Steve Noyce confirmed the delay, expressing his frustration on behalf of the coaching staff, who had even changed training schedules to accommodate the interviews over the coming fortnight.

"I said to the players the end of the process will come quicker once they start the formal part of the process," Noyce said.

"We made ourselves available for interviews. We discussed the preparation required and making sure that we assisted in any way we can.

"Training times were also altered.

"So it's certainly frustrating to learn that they've been called off."

According to ASADA's original timeline, the interviews were to be completed early next month.

Now they have little chance of beginning then, with legal argument about the players' obligations the initial reason for the delay.

But once the players had been assured they were not required to give incriminating evidence, the interviews were set to take place quickly, starting with Cronulla.

The NRL was only made aware of the change late yesterday, with Smith speaking of his expectation for interviews to begin this week at the announcement of major changes to the NRL.

"We've always made it clear that we wanted the investigation to be completed as soon as possible," an NRL spokesman said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/asada-delays-interviews-of-cronulla-sharks-players-for-two-weeks/story-e6frexrr-1226627409317

Imagine that some dropkick did something horrible to a family member and ASADA were the investigators /prosecutors. What a bunch of losers.

This whole saga hit the public because they wanted to save players from the clutches of criminal elements. The threat was that suppliers of supplements were going to include banned substances and then try and "control" players ie match fixing or extortion.

It also appears the supplements are on the border line of nearly legal or nearly illegal. It appears a sledge hammer has been used to crack the walnut.

There are a few ppl I change channel when they come on, Hadley, Jones and Richard Ings. He appears to be a publicity whore. His view is very slantly.

I expect that the next lot of big news stories re NRL and doping will come out about SOO time. Am I just being cynical?

Weren't we told that "extra" resources were given to ASADA to speed up the whole process - like 6 weeks ago??
Seems contradictory doesn't it - with cancelled interviews and what not..:dodgy:

Maybe the initial outing should have been labelled "the greyest day in Australian sport". So far so little and the fish aren't biting. The longer this farce goes on the less they show for it, especially as far as the NRL goes. I'm cynical and will just wait for it all to be washed down the mega-layers of the new bereaucratic NRL 'pigs-in-the-trough' structure and disappear without a trace.

Considering that ASADA are a body who just get 'the facts' then pass this on to nrl who hold a hearing to find a player innocent or guilty, then if a player is guilty they may appeal if there has been a fault in their trial we are soooo far off a conviction (if any) in real terms this could not be done before next season.

ASADA have an internal, independant body called the Anti Doping Rule Violation Panel which makes a decison on a course of action, based on the matters raised by ASADA investigations.

The ARLC are compelled to act on the outcomes from the Panel (or after any subsequent appeal) which will generally see them rubber-stamp the official 'advice'.

The code will not conduct independent 'trials' or 'hearings' or have further influence on findings, from those already conducted by the official bodies.

I'm not 100% sure, but the blackest day in Australia sport line came from Richard Ings and not from any of the politicians. To be honest the only person who seems to have been a winner in this whole debate has been Ings who seems to think everyone is a drug cheat and is using the whole exercise to gain TV time for himself. Perhaps he is the former head of ASADA for a reason?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10