Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Berkeley_Eagle said:
It's not a Manly player
Eagle_Bones
@RLW_Mole is it a Manly player?

30 seconds later
@RLW_Mole
@Eagle_bones no

Geez, that Eagle_bones guy is a very handsome man! (In a non gay way...not that there's anything wrong with that)

I think the ladies have found their wolfie replacement if he isn't re-signed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Voss was on the radio here this morning naming who he thinks it may be, and it is a forward that wasn't with them in 2011.

Voss mentioned the name but not sure if it's ok to put on here ?

mozgrame

Engorged member
Kiwi Eagle said:
Voss was on the radio here this morning naming who he thinks it may be, and it is a forward that wasn't with them in 2011.

PM please :)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I don't think it's Kevin Rudd.

mozgrame

Engorged member
globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I don't think it's Kevin Rudd.

Maybe an ex PM. Bloody Gillard. Dodged another bullet!

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I am so glad the sharks are pushing to find out who the asada leak is. When the media appear to receive information before the clubs/players involved it is bang out of order. Apparently asada have been done for that before and the leak risks 2 years in jail and asada have been dobbed into wada. asada seem to be one of the most amateur organisations going around

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Kiwi Eagle said:

I think I've heard the same name. So people can join the dots without naming the player, did your guy have a team mate at the time who is now at another club and has had his name linked to peptide use recently?

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I think I've heard the same name. So people can join the dots without naming the player, did your guy have a team mate at the time who is now at another club and has had his name linked to peptide use recently?

I think I know who you are talking about, and no it is not him if your man is a NSW player lol

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
I heard on the radio 2gb on the way to the game tonight that Manly is next in the investigation, and that 8 current Manly players will be named in the papers tommorrow.. not sure how true that is...

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Being asked to attend an interview doesn't mean a person is guilty. Though most people who read the tabloids aren't real bright.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
As Gallen said the other day ASADA have got nothing on us.It will be the same with any other clubs and players.This is a toothless tiger that is desperately trying to save face. Nothing wil happen before the end of the season. Doesn't seem to be affecting the sharks performances lately.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
https://twitter.com/sundayteleed/status/363617698019684353

Mick Carroll
‏@sundayteleed
@manlyseaeagles stars called before ASADA. 16 non-Sharks to give evidence. Sunday Tele tomorrow. #nrl

The way this works if you were in the vicinity of a car crash & the police interview you to see what you saw or heard, that means you must by implication be guilty of causing the crash.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/manly-sea-eagles-stars-in-sights-of-asada/story-e6frfkp9-1226690732321

727437-nrl.jpg

THIS is the first glimpse of the extended list of NRL stars who have been issued with interview notices by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to answer questions in relation to the on-going drugs-in-sport investigation.

Aside from the 14 players who were part of the Cronulla Sharks' alleged systemic regime of performance-enhancing peptides in 2011, The Sunday Telegraph has learned some of the biggest names in rugby league will be called for interviews by anti-doping investigators over the course of the next month.

At Manly, Anthony Watmough and Brett Stewart headline a list of at least five current Sea Eagles players, one of whom was not even at Narrabeen when Stephen Dank and Darren "The Gazelle" Hibbert were associated with the club.

Both Dank and Hibbert have repeatedly denied ever supplying players with banned substances.

As in all walks of life, the NRL players who have received ASADA interview notices are entitled to the presumption of innocence.

If the investigation finds any of them does have a case to answer, players may be issued with NRL infraction notices, meaning they could be summoned to appear before an anti-doping rule violation panel and face suspensions of up to two years.

Any evidence ASADA has in relation to the Manly Sea Eagles remains top secret.

Whereas in the case of the Cronulla Sharks, the testimony of former trainer Trent Elkin has formed a crucial component of ASADA's brief of evidence since February - at the Sea Eagles it remains unspecified what the players will be questioned about.

The common denominator between the Cronulla and Manly players under ASADA's microscope is the association of Dank and supplement salesman Hibbert.

Dank made a name for himself in elite Australian sport at the Sea Eagles under previous coach Des Hasler, where the sports scientist was employed from 2004 until 2010.

In total, The Sunday Telegraph understands there are eight players who have spent a significant amount of their NRL careers based at the Sea Eagles, headed by Stewart and Watmough, who have received ASADA interview notices.

Former Sea Eagles Darcy Lussick and Dean Whare, now at Parramatta and Penrith, respectively, are among those on the list. The current Manly players are all being represented by Sydney solicitor Tim Unsworth.

On top of the issue for the Sea Eagles contingent, the Penrith Panthers are another club now in the spotlight due to their recruitment of Whare and Wes Naiqama at the start of the season and the role of Sandor Earl at the club in 2011.

The Sunday Telegraph understands there is also another Penrith player who has been issued with an ASADA interview notice.

Prior to moving to the foot of the mountains, Whare was at Manly while Naiqama was at Newcastle.

Naiqama's brother, Kevin, who The Sunday Telegraph also understands has been issued with an interview notice, remains contracted at the Knights but has been recruited by the Panthers for next season.

Which leads to Newcastle. With two ex-Cronulla players in Kade Snowden and Jeremy Smith now residing in Steel City, the Novocastrians have also been drawn into the ASADA investigation.

The Sunday Telegraph understands there may be another long-serving Newcastle player who has also been issued with an ASADA interview notice.

The former Cronulla players now at the Gold Coast Titans, Luke Douglas and Albert Kelly, are in the same boat.

When the NRL initially confirmed the identities of six clubs contained in the Australian Crime Commission's report into organised crime and drugs in sport in February, the clubs named were Cronulla, Manly, Newcastle, Penrith, Canberra and North Queensland.

The Sunday Telegraph understands Canberra Raiders winger Earl, who has signed to play second division French rugby at the end of the season, is the only player in the national capital being questioned by ASADA.

It is the same at the North Queensland Cowboys, where only one player is required for interviews.

Intriguingly, the Parramatta Eels, where ex-Sharks conditioner Elkin now works as head of high performance, was not named - yet forward Lussick has been issued with an interview notice.

At the Cronulla Sharks, the players listed for interview over the next three weeks include captain Paul Gallen, John Morris, Ben Pomeroy, Nathan Stapleton, Nathan Gardner, Jonathan Wright, Stewart Mills, Jayson Bukuya and Anthony Tupou.

Forward Wade Graham has already been interviewed by ASADA while prop Ben Ross, who was not at the club in 2011, has been told to appear.
Ross is not suspected of an anti-doping offence but ASADA believe he may be aware of information.

The other "game changing" development over the past two months has been the passing of new laws enabling ASADA to demand athletes produce telephone records, text messages, credit card receipts and emails if so required.

Specifically, in the case of the ongoing NRL and AFL investigations, it means ASADA can issue key figures Dank and Hibbert with interview notices.

If the pair fails to comply, individuals can be hit with a fine of $5100 per day, meaning if they fail to report for an interview for one month it could cost in excess of $150,000.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey and head trainer Don Singe have also been issued interview notices, as has two-time premiership-winning ex-Manly coach Hasler who maintains that the supplements programs at the Sea Eagles was all above board.

Two current members of Hasler's support staff at Canterbury-Bankstown, Kelly Egan and Clayton Kearney, must also report for ASADA interviews.
Egan and Kearney were also at the Sea Eagles under Hasler.

Recent correspondence from ASADA director of intelligence and investigations Paul Simonsson stated Hasler and Egan were not wanted for questioning in relation to anti-doping rule violations.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Amazing. Charges that ASADA have leaked information to the Press seem proven on that "news" article alone. Please explain.

Ceagle

Bencher
lol, when is this asada **** going to end? If they had something the players would of been charged long ago you would think

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ManlyBacker said:
Amazing. Charges that ASADA have leaked information to the Press seem proven on that "news" article alone. Please explain.
MB where does it say the information was leaked by ASADA?

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
ManlyBacker said:

Let's put it this way buddy. If it hasn't been leaked by Asada whose leaked it. I could hardly seen Brett and choc ringing those two grubs at holt street and saying guess what monobrow and jimmy we have interviews at Asada.

Asada are playing the PR game and are using the scum at the telegraph to get their messages out there IMO

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SeaEagleRock8 said:
ManlyBacker said:

How does the Press know who have been given an interview notice, who their solicitors are, and who have been ruled out? ASADA have a lot to answer for and I look forward to the gun being pointed in the opposite direction. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/pressure-applied-to-find-source-of-leaks-20130731-2qzmy.html

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
12 7 5 57 16
13 7 6 -34 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14