Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Someone on here said that something like this was going to be printed a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: And by this, I mean this shortened post on the previous page....

By Phil Slothfield
MANLY are facing an uncertain future and legal action from at least eight players if they are accused by ASADA of doing something wrong.

To make matters worse, there is no certainty that majority share-holder and one of Australia's richest men Rick Penn will be there to bail the club out.

The who?

I can't remember.

Also.....

The world's foremost anti-drugs crusader, US Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart, has called for the NRL and AFL to hand over their power to sanction drug cheats to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/make-asada-judge-jury-executioner-20130810-2rovb.html#ixzz2bdddmWNB

Lol, can we get the worlds biggest FU!

globaleagle said:
I couldn't be less worried if the stress free pixies laid me down on fairy floss clouds and sprinkled 'relax, she'll be right' dust over my weary head.

You're right - that'd be truly scary.

globaleagle said:
Someone on here said that something like this was going to be printed a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: And by this, I mean this shortened post on the previous page....

By Phil Slothfield
MANLY are facing an uncertain future and legal action from at least eight players if they are accused by ASADA of doing something wrong.

To make matters worse, there is no certainty that majority share-holder and one of Australia's richest men Rick Penn will be there to bail the club out.

The who?

I can't remember.

Also.....

The world's foremost anti-drugs crusader, US Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart, has called for the NRL and AFL to hand over their power to sanction drug cheats to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/make-asada-judge-jury-executioner-20130810-2rovb.html#ixzz2bdddmWNB

Lol, can we get the worlds biggest FU!

US and Anti-Doping in the same sentence??? So he wants the NRL to do what the MLB and NFL (and AFL) don't do before they have done anything. Give me a break. I'd like to ask him what he thinks about the AFL's three strikes policy.

A long read but important issues.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/doping-probe-at-risk-of-collapse/story-fnca0u4y-1226698786742

Doping probe at risk of collapse

by: CHIP LE GRAND
August 17, 2013 12:00AM

THE Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's six-month investigation into the alleged systematic use of peptides at AFL club Essendon and Cronulla in the NRL is at risk of collapse if lawyers acting for James Hird succeed in challenging the legality of ASADA's decision to involve the major football codes in its search for evidence of doping.

The Weekend Australian can reveal the NRL reluctantly agreed, under pressure from ASADA, for one of its officials to be present during player interviews at Cronulla. The presence of the NRL's newly appointed integrity boss, Nick Weeks, during last week's interviews of Sharks players is modelled on the role played by AFL investigator Abraham Haddad during interviews of Essendon players and officials.

Weeks, a respected lawyer and administrator, and Haddad, a former UN investigator, bring impressive credentials to the ASADA probe.

Haddad's presence during the Essendon interviews allowed investigators under AFL rules to seize the mobile phones of Essendon officials, including Hird.

However, ASADA's decision to conduct joint investigations with the AFL and NRL into the use of peptides in their respective codes has exposed ASADA to the possibility that it is operating in breach of its own Act and the National Anti-Doping Scheme.

Hird's legal team, led by prominent human rights barrister Julian Burnside QC, this week foreshadowed the legal challenge, which will be launched once the bitter dispute between the AFL and ASADA inevitably finds its way into the Victorian Supreme Court.

Catherine Ordway, a former ASADA legal head and director responsible for intelligence-gathering, testing and investigations, said the joint investigation was a departure from normal practice. "This has been unusual where the AFL has been front and centre in this investigation," she told The Weekend Australian. "They are usually kept much more at arm's length."

Martin Hardie, an administrative law expert with Deakin University now advising Cronulla and Essendon on the complexities of anti-doping codes, said ASADA being in league with the leagues ran contrary to its statutory obligations and contradicted one of the fundamental reasons the anti-doping body was created seven years ago.

"They wanted to set up a system where a sport might refer a problem to ASADA but ASADA would run the investigation and testing process," Hardie said. "Once they had done that and decided there was a case to answer, they would send it to this Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel. After they made their decision of a possible violation, then it gets given to the sport to do the disciplinary process.

"The whole purpose of ASADA was to keep sport out of that process. On the basis of that, it seems wildly inconsistent with the ASADA Act that they can then do a joint investigation."

ASADA was established by the Howard government, with the support of Labor, after a doping conviction against cyclist Mark French was overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. At the time, the Australian Sports Drug Agency had limited investigative powers and the case against French was stymied by a lack of co-operation from cycling officials.

Howard government minister Kevin Andrews, in his second-reading speech in support of the ASADA Bill in December 2005, underlined the need for an anti-doping investigator independent from sports bodies.

"The establishment of ASADA will mean that sports, athletes and the public can have complete confidence that doping allegations will be investigated and pursued in an independent, robust and transparent way," Andrews told the federal parliament. He went on: "In framing the proposed ASADA legislation, the issue of safeguarding athletes' rights was a prime consideration.

"Accordingly, the ASADA Bill attaches strict conditions to the receipt and disclosure of sensitive information from Customs, the Australian Federal Police and other law enforcement bodies. For example, disclosure must not contravene the terms of Customs' initial disclosure to ASADA, and sports in receipt of such information must give an undertaking that any use of the information on its part must be for anti-doping purposes and will not occur in a way prejudicial to the subject of the information."

Hird's primary case against ASADA -- and by extension the potentially career-threatening AFL charge against him of conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL -- hinges on whether ASADA broke its own act by including the AFL as an investigative partner and whether its 400-page interim report, which forms the basis of the charges against him, contravenes the confidentiality provisions of the National Anti-Doping Scheme.

On Tuesday this week, the day the charges against Hird were announced, his lawyers wrote to ASADA questioning the validity of the interim report and seeking an explanation of how ASADA was permitted to disclose to the AFL confidential information about Essendon players and staff gathered as part of an anti-doping investigation. The letter went on to pointedly question why ASADA's disclosure of the report did not breach a section of the ASADA Act that sets out its confidentiality provisions.

A breach of these provisions, either by ASADA officials or the AFL officials who received the information, attracts a penalty of up to two years' jail.

The entire case against Essendon, Hird, his senior assistant coach Mark Thompson, football manager Danny Corcoran and club doctor Bruce Reid is currently being stored electronically in an AFL "data room" accessible from inside AFL House or by remote password. This includes the ASADA interim report and 14,000 attached documents, Ziggy Switkowski's damning report on Essendon's management of the supplement regime, full transcripts of 130 interviews conducted by ASADA, and the relevant AFL rules, regulations and codes.

Missing from the data room is documentation -- if it exists -- that sets out the terms and nature of the joint ASADA/AFL investigation and how it confirms with the statutory obligations of the anti-doping authority.

If Hird succeeds in his legal challenge against ASADA, all material other than the Switkowski report would be inadmissible as evidence.

In recent days the AFL has indicated it could substantiate the charges against Essendon and its officials based on Haddad's own summation of the witness interviews and the Switkowksi club-commissioned report, rather than relying on the ASADA interim report. This sits at odds with AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou's public comments confirming he and all AFL commissioners have already read the ASADA report. The AFL also made clear that Andrew Dillon, the league's general counsel, would base his decision on whether to lay charges on his assessment of the ASADA report.

With both sides of politics absorbed in the election campaign, ASADA's handling of its investigation into Essendon and Cronulla has attracted little comment from Canberra. Whatever the result of the election, the incoming sports minister will want assurances that ASADA has not compromised its independence or damaged its standing by linking arms with the AFL, and now the NRL, on its pursuit of peptides.

Where ASADA is meant to conduct its affairs with strict confidentiality, its investigation of Essendon has leaked like a faulty burette. As Hardie said: "Information is not being kept confidential. Whoever is leaking this, whether it is the AFL or the cops or ASADA, is subject to two years' jail."

The AFL this week confirmed that on the evidence gathered by ASADA, no Essendon player has an anti-doping case to answer. Now for the case against ASADA.

Lets see if some of these media hacks can get 2 years jail for the **** they have been leaking. Kent,Rothtool, DUI Becky,Wierdler just to name a few.

Jatz Crackers said:
What sort of name is Chip Le Grand, I ask you ?

It's a big chip, more like a bomb in fact. Difficult to regather but more spectacular when it does come off.

Well Well arn't the AFL having fun with their drugs saga! Surely ASADA are going to be a bit more careful with their report into the NRL peptide issue as a result of the sh it fight in the AFL at the moment with the whole " they knew it wasn't illegal AOD situation", I'm sure the NRL version is going to drag on well into the off season and maybe next year. It's my belief that by the time this gets to investigating if some Manly players sourced something that may or may not have been illegal outside the club the investigation will have run out of puff. The AFL were so "lucky" to have their investigation proceed ahead of the NRL but now it would seem the NRL is in the box seat as we will surely see out the finals first.
p.s. where are all the conspiracy theorists going on about labors poor poll results?

manlyfan76 said:
Well Well arn't the AFL having fun with their drugs saga! Surely ASADA are going to be a bit more careful with their report into the NRL peptide issue as a result of the sh it fight in the AFL at the moment with the whole " they knew it wasn't illegal AOD situation", I'm sure the NRL version is going to drag on well into the off season and maybe next year. It's my belief that by the time this gets to investigating if some Manly players sourced something that may or may not have been illegal outside the club the investigation will have run out of puff. The AFL were so "lucky" to have their investigation proceed ahead of the NRL but now it would seem the NRL is in the box seat as we will surely see out the finals first.
p.s. where are all the conspiracy theorists going on about labors poor poll results?

The AFL might have just found a loophole to have the whole issue brushed under the carpet. :p

Apparently Essendon are going to stand down from the finals in the AFL this season, coach may get a 12month ban as well

I don't know if anyone else has read the charge report that was released by the AFL against Essendon last week but there was some pretty damning allegations in there.

The one area of particular concern for the NRL is Dank sending a txt message to Robinson that he had seen promising results the use of Thymosin Beta-4 in a shoulder reconstruction. Apparently in the full version of the report Dank was talking about an NRL player he was consulting with. This message was sent in August 2011 and I'm sure the player concerned has had an ASADA interview. Thankfully I can't recall if we had any players undergoing a shoulder reco at that point in time as we were on the march for the 2011 premiership at that stage and I can't recall having anyone miss any action. The only real absentees from the squad for the GF were King (Pec muscle) and Wolfman (neck).

Well Wolfy recovered from a shoulder reconstruction in 2010. Maybe he is referring to that? Hopefully not. Other players I could find who were suffering from shoulder reco's around that time were Mitch Aubusson, James Segeyaro ,Peter Mata'utia (played for the Knights in 2011). And thats it.

Doesn't look to good with Wolfy most likely being the main suspect there.

Masked Eagle said:
The one area of particular concern for the NRL is Dank sending a txt message to Robinson that he had seen promising results the use of Thymosin Beta-4 in a shoulder reconstruction. Apparently in the full version of the report Dank was talking about an NRL player he was consulting with. This message was sent in August 2011 and I'm sure the player concerned has had an ASADA interview. Thankfully I can't recall if we had any players undergoing a shoulder reco at that point in time as we were on the march for the 2011 premiership at that stage and I can't recall having anyone miss any action. The only real absentees from the squad for the GF were King (Pec muscle) and Wolfman (neck).

I've no idea if that is or was illegal under WADA at the time, but why should it be if it was for injury recovery anyway? That's nothing to do with performance enhancing on match day. Choc yesterday admitted he had to get a heap of needles from the doctor just to play yesterday. No one has a problem with that.

however if there was no specific date, Dank could also have been referring to a patient he treated a year or two earlier. if he said he was seeing good results then that would sound current. how that was worded is suitably vague

Hint - Maybe an ex- winger from Penrith who played yesterday. There was speculation about this a couple of months ago.

MissKate said:
however if there was no specific date, Dank could also have been referring to a patient he treated a year or two earlier. if he said he was seeing good results then that would sound current. how that was worded is suitably vague

The way it reads in the report makes it sound like the text message was sent in August and as they were talking about the applications for this particular drug, it sounded like Dank was working with someone at that point in time.

Brissie Kid said:
Masked Eagle said:

I've no idea if that is or was illegal under WADA at the time, but why should it be if it was for injury recovery anyway? That's nothing to do with performance enhancing on match day. Choc yesterday admitted he had to get a heap of needles from the doctor just to play yesterday. No one has a problem with that.

Thymosin apparently isn't, but Thymosin beta-4 is. My understanding this is part of the confusion around the Essendon saga. The records have been so badly kept they can't for certain say whats been given. ie ASADA have tracked some evidence which seems to suggest it was ordered, but can't tell if it was paid for or injected. Some people might say well if they can't prove that then they should get off, but the standard set for other sports has been ordering the stuff is enough for you to get pinged. A lot of athletes have had to fight to clear their names in the past simply because they got sent something. Its not that uncommon for an athlete to order something from a supplier and then the supplier chuck in a few sample packs of something not ordered and the athlete has gotten into trouble.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/raiders-winger-earl-faces-drugs-allegations-20130613-2o75r.html

I'll just leave this here. Explains what Masked Eagle was referring to

Ceagle said:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/raiders-winger-earl-faces-drugs-allegations-20130613-2o75r.html

I'll just leave this here. Explains what Masked Eagle was referring to

Thanks Ceagle. Joining the dots and time lines on the article it does seem to draw to the conclusion that earl is the one referenced in the report.

Essendon coach James Hird has dramatically backed down and accepted a one-year ban from the game as his club was expelled from the 2013 finals, stripped of draft picks and fined $2 million.
After the most dramatic day in AFL history, one of the game's most revered figures admitted he had brought the game into disrepute and abandoned his Supreme Court action against the league and its boss, Andrew Demetriou.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-and-his-club-pay-highest-of-prices-20130827-2so59.html#ixzz2dBlo6VGw

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10