Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If any of our players go down as a result of an association with or thru Danks then Hasler has to be held responsible. He brought Danks into the club so he must take a fall as well over this if illegalities are proven.

From what has been reported holding Des accountable would make no sense at all.

If a player has sought illegal substances on his own terms then all of the responsibility is on him.

Quick question: what makes people think that a pm is exempt from libel laws? If someone emails false info about a person to others they would still be guilty.

Shoe1 said:
Quick question: what makes people think that a pm is exempt from libel laws? If someone emails false info about a person to others they would still be guilty.

Mate not sure if you are trying to scare people? You made a great post on this PM epidemic yesterday, but you are drawing an extremely long bow in that insinuation.

It would of course require an impacted party to first of all request said communications, and then for them to prove that a communication between two parties is libellous. Oh and for them to give two ****s what those people think in their private communication

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has played down the significance of reports players from the NRL club were injected with calves' blood off site at the home of a former team-mate.

Calves' blood, which is officially known as Actovegin, is not a banned substance and has been cleared for use by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

It was reportedly used on players - without the knowledge of the Sea Eagles' club doctor - at the home of Josh Perry, who now plays for English Super League side St Helens.

Actovegin is used to enhance aerobic oxidation, but Toovey said the club no longer used it because there was no scientific evidence that it worked.

"From my recollection, the only thing that was injected here was Actovegin which was approved by all the bodies and ASADA," Toovey said on Thursday.

"That's the only thing I have knowledge of and there's no scientific evidence to suggest it does anything anyway."

Toovey also denied any knowledge of claims made by a former supplement supplier to controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank that players allegedly purchased products from the boot of his car.

"It's all speculation," Toovey said.

"It's not in our procedures and protocols so I would be surprised if that happened.

"We can only control what we can control. That is the same with every club - you put rules in place to hopefully safeguard the players.

"The club can only do what the club will do. Individual players know the responsibility to the club and to themselves."

The coach conceded the comments were not a good look, but insists there should be nothing to worry about for the Sea Eagles.

"I think we're concerned across all sports," he said.

"Whether it be Essendon, Cronulla, and unfortunately we don't know the facts so it is hard to comment on.

"I understand there is a job to be done by the various bodies and they can't rush things.

"But we'd like to expedite things. But I don't think we have too much to worry about here and the players are focused on rugby league."

AAP
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-14/it-was-only-calves27-blood3a-toovey/4573406?section=sport

voicefromthehill said:
Shoe1 said:

Mate not sure if you are trying to scare people? You made a great post on this PM epidemic yesterday, but you are drawing an extremely long bow in that insinuation.

It would of course require an impacted party to first of all request said communications, and then for them to prove that a communication between two parties is libellous. Oh and for them to give two ****s what those people think in their private communication

True enough, it's a long bow and an unlikely scenario.

THE mystery surrounding Manly's left-field sports science practice of injecting Actovegin has deepened with revelations a male nurse administered the calf's blood-based product to three players at former prop Josh Perry's Curl Curl home.

As the Sea Eagles attempted to bunker down in preparation for Sunday's clash with Newcastle at Brookvale Oval, coach Geoff Toovey was forced to fend off questions about the club's controversial practices well before he took control in the top job last season.Since it emerged Manly were injecting calf's blood in the same season they won the premiership in 2008, the Sea Eagles have always been swift to highlight how it is not on the World Anti-Doping Authority banned list.

Correct, it's not. But it was used by Lance Armstrong's US Postal team in the Tour de France in 2000 and it is banned if you inject it intravenously, rather than into muscle or soft-tissue. It is also illegal in the United States.

There is no suggestion the Sea Eagles, then under the guidance of sports scientist Stephen Dank and head coach Des Hasler, had Actovegin injected intravenously.

But the fact three players were getting injected off-site - away from Manly's Narrabeen headquarters where the practice normally took place - by a nurse at Perry's home set off alarm bells yesterday.

"From my recollection, the only thing that was injected here was Actovegin which was approved by all the bodies and ASADA," Toovey said.

"That's the only thing I have knowledge of and there's no scientific evidence to suggest it does anything anyway."

Manly's current management - who were not at the Sea Eagles at the time - last night insisted the club had nothing to hide.

The Sea Eagles also strongly denied players used the blood-thinning medication Warfarin, which was the catalyst for sacked Cronulla doctor Dave Givney sounding the alarm about some of the Sharks' practices in 2011.

"As part of our on-going inquiry the club is very aware of the legal administration of Actovegin taking place in the past," a Manly official said.

"In relation to any other detail around where this administration took place we're still working through the details around this and it's confidential at this stage."

News Limited has been told Manly players are fuming about the details of three players being injected at Perry's home being aired in the public domain.

There were also suggestions the practice may have occurred at other Sea Eagles players' homes, but Manly strongly denied this.

Perry was thrust into the centre of the Sea Eagles investigation on Tuesday night when it was alleged he made a complaint to trainer Don Singe about Dank offering him an unauthorised substance.

Singe then allegedly reported it to ex-Manly doctor Paul Bloomfield, who had a confrontation with Dank about it.

Both Perry and Dank have denied this, with the former NSW Origin prop's agent Mike Newton bunkered down in damage control yesterday.

"I spent an hour on the phone with Josh last night and he flatly denies he was offered anything illegal or making any sort of statement against Mr Dank," Newton said.

"He's confirmed taking Actovegin, or calf's blood, but that was legal at the time and still is as far as I'm aware."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-perrys-house-used-to-inject-calves-blood-but-he-denies-being-offered-unauthorised-substance-by-stephen-dank/story-e6frexnr-1226597219958

mickqld said:
If any of our players go down as a result of an association with or thru Danks then Hasler has to be held responsible. He brought Danks into the club so he must take a fall as well over this if illegalities are proven.

Send an email to Dave Perry and ask him to sack Hasler immediately.

mickqld said:

You would like to think so but he is with the teflon team now so nothing is likely to happen to him

Classic sentence from Hooper in the Tele:
"MYSTERY surrounding Manly's injections has deepened with revelations a male nurse administered calves blood to three players."

How does that deepen the mystery? To me now we at least know that a qualified person was injecting, and that it was a bloke. It's actually less mysterious now Hooper!

Shoe1 said:
"MYSTERY surrounding Manly's injections has deepened with revelations a male nurse administered calves blood to three players."

How does that deepen the mystery? To me now we at least know that a qualified person was injecting, and that it was a bloke. It's actually less mysterious now Hooper!

Have you seen this guy on the Footy Show? He looks like he got dropped on his head as a child. No wonder this "deepens the mystery" for him. He says the same thing about bubbles in the bath.

MWSE said:
Shoe1 said:

Have you seen this guy on the Footy Show? He looks like he got dropped on his head as a child. No wonder this "deepens the mystery" for him. He says the same thing about bubbles in the bath.
this guy looks like he has an axe to grind with Manly,he has a deep hate for us this clown

Does the male nurse have a codename ?? If not, we need one so we don't get confused with all the other players in this sordid tale. I'm thinking maybe "The Mosquito" would suit, in keeping with the animal theme and the obvious blood link.

The Wheel said:
Just the note of warning do not use the code name "Goanna" - has been used before in another 'drug' investigation that went no where back in the 80s and 90s

How did you know that? Did you 'monitor' that investigation?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2