Thurston s 4 year deal after retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Narrabeen Laker

Reserve Grader
In today’s Sydney herald there is an article saying that Thurston has a hand shake deal to help out the Cowboys for a few years after he retires . Hopefully someone more savvy can post it here .

Any way that’s very smart of the cowboys to by pass the cap . Here’s how the conversation could have gone down ... “ Hey Thurston we will pay you 800k a season for your last 2 and then pay you 400k a year for 4 years to be a club ambassador after you retire . ‘

Smart ploy lets learn from this

No need for subtlety when the NRL CEO himself, blatantly organized a Testimonial game for JT and sCam himself :swear:

Peter Wallace retired to the Riff Coaching department just this year

James Graham has a 4 year Drags contract where he'll end up on their staff

Manly private ownership model had prevented Snake, Matai and Myles retiring to our coaching payroll :confused:

I thought they changed the rules to prevent players/clubs doing this when Scott prince tried to do it, maybe I'm wrong

This little trick has been previously known as the "Mark Gasnier" clause.

Yep and should of been jumped on when the "Toey Individual" made a joke of the cap when he returned from Frugby.

In today’s Sydney herald there is an article saying that Thurston has a hand shake deal to help out the Cowboys for a few years after he retires . Hopefully someone more savvy can post it here .

Any way that’s very smart of the cowboys to by pass the cap . Here’s how the conversation could have gone down ... “ Hey Thurston we will pay you 800k a season for your last 2 and then pay you 400k a year for 4 years to be a club ambassador after you retire . ‘

Smart ploy lets learn from this
Our Bozo is the saviest bloke i know.

If the player is genuine about being an ambassador and mentor at the club I got no problem. Preston Campbell is a glowing example.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8