Tigers Chase Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lyon - NFI but parra have been saying there are about to sign him for a month now - they should be getting worried IMO

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
I see someone has a sense of humour and picked it out!!!! Should I post it again??? :lol:

Does Anyone Think we Will get Jamie Lyon next year ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

You had to go and ruin a perfectly good thread.

I hope that Monaghans Manager has not got anything to do with these rumours surfacing, speculation etc. He caused enough **** last year and i also think played a small part of derailing our surge to the finals.

Hi all, long time reader, very occasional poster....

While I agree Monas looks much better at Hooker than halfback last year, and his form is solid this year, is he worth the reported $250k odd. And is Ballin as good as the wraps he's getting? Haven't been to brookie early enough to see him in reggies. Would Ballin be worth the punt?
In the end, is the $250k better spent elsewhere if Ballin was capable of filling Monas shoes and meanwhile gaining 1st grade experience?
IMO, not being much of a Monas man, I think we should let him go if he wants to, free up some bucks. There's better players out there for $250k.

at the risk of sparking a save the whale type rally!! i tend to agree! 250k buys some solid footballers these days!

Ballin buy next year should surely be a starting hooker even if half as good as the wraps suggest!

he earns more than farrah,smith and priddis.i think that answers the question.very worthy of keeping in the 9 on sub 200 money is monnas but at 250k it's bye bye for mine.

he earns more than farrah,smith and priddis.i think that answers the question.very worthy of keeping in the 9 on sub 200 money is monnas but at 250k it's bye bye for mine.

Thats a very simplistic view. You have no arguement from me that MM is worth less than $200K.

Should he go to the Tigers they will not be paying him $250K, meaning that whatever the short fall between what they pay him and the $250K is paid by Manly and subject to salary cap.

It is my view that to win a premiership you need a quality number 9, number 7 &/or 6 and number 1. If we release MM we are left without a quality 9. For mine Ballin has not yet shown enough to me that he is worthy of an NRL start let alone becoming a quality NRL number 9. The due process of time will be the only answer to this concern.

By releasing MM for lets say $180K, which is about his true worth, this means we are left paying $70K which ultimatley will mean that whoever we get to replace MM will effectivley have to be paid $70K less than what we could otherwise afford to pay under the salary cap. To win a premiership you need a quality hooker, can you get one if you are hamstrung by on ongoing $70K committment to MM who is playing for another side? Of course it is not that simplistic but I hope I have made my point.

Manly made a mistake by offering MM to much money, that is not MM's fault. We have made the mistake and we have to live with it for the life his contract.

I hope we keep him. He caused his share of bull**** but his on field performances this season have warranted forgiveness. The deal has been signed, he is earning $240k and congrats too him. Any player who can suck that sort of money out of a club must have a fantastic manager. :~?

But in all seriousness, monas will be around longer than dunley and if he will fill our 9 roll for the rest of his career i would be happy.

Monnas is worth keeping but not at $240k per season.

According to today's paper we are still very much in the hunt for Lyon but are having trouble fitting him in under the salary cap. Not sure if the increase to $4m is official yet?

If it comes down to Lyon vs Monnas then monnas will be playing for the wests tigers next year.

Monas proved today just how good he is at no. 9. Dislocated finger - no problem, strap it up and show the toughness he has got and put it all in. He has incredible ability with so many skills and from the hooker position he is perfectly suited. Buderus is the best and of a different mould but Monas is not far behind. You can whinge about the bucks he is on forever, but the really good teams have a creative, tough, thinking player at #9 and Monas gives us that. Get over it and I hope he stays with us.

Monas proved today just how good he is at no. 9. Dislocated finger - no problem, strap it up and show the toughness he has got and put it all in. He has incredible ability with so many skills and from the hooker position he is perfectly suited. Buderus is the best and of a different mould but Monas is not far behind. You can whinge about the bucks he is on forever, but the really good teams have a creative, tough, thinking player at #9 and Monas gives us that. Get over it and I hope he stays with us.

Amen

Yep, keep Monas, let go Dunley. Seems to me he only confuses the situation with his lateral running. Suspect defence doesn't help either. I like Willo. Defense is sound enough and he's willing to go forward. His problem is he's not creative. Can that be coached?

Monas needs to play for 100% of the game - not for 50 minutes.

Dunley made 8 tackles and missed 4 including one for Wesser's try. Made two scoots from Dummy half. If we are paying overs for Monaghan then play him overs!!!

very valid point CW, he is getting paid enough for a hooker and half another hooker! so he really should be playing 80mins allowing for money to be spend elsewhere rather than another hooker, otherwise in effect we are paying probably 300K plus for that role, whicg only BUderus would demand.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2