Post-Game Discussion Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Tigers
Vs
Sea Eagles
16 Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We won. With 10 mins to go it looked like being a frustrating loss but it didn’t turn out that way. So how about a bit of perspective. Consider the injuries we had during the game and amount of possession the Tigers were gifted by the referee. On top of that, the Tigers were fresh off the bye and we were backing up from a very physical game. They were playing at home and desperate to break their losing run.
It was a gutsy win and I for one, would rather celebrate the win, than whine because it wasn’t a 30+ point shutout. Well done boys, on to the Titans.

We won. With 10 mins to go it looked like being a frustrating loss but it didn’t turn out that way. So how about a bit of perspective. Consider the injuries we had during the game and amount of possession the Tigers were gifted by the referee. On top of that, the Tigers were fresh off the bye and we were backing up from a very physical game. They were playing at home and desperate to break their losing run.
It was a gutsy win and I for one, would rather celebrate the win, than whine because it wasn’t a 30+ point shutout. Well done boys, on to the Titans.
Fair comment too

I’ll be fine tomorrow, but let me be miserable tonight.

Although I am delighted for the win, we need to be better than that. Honestly speaking I don’t know how we actually won that game. We made bugger all meters in the second half. I was honestly looking for someone to hold my hand while watching us play. I am amazed that we came away with the bacon.

Good enough (only just lol). We are in outright second :) Saab gets my 3 pts. Olakau'atu 2 pts. Sipley 1 pt

Harper just missed out. He was pretty good out there today.

We only had 42% possession and made a whopping 15 errors so to grab the two competition points in this one was so massive.

We have never really been a wet weather team. Even in the Matai/Lyon era we had a few wet weather shockers.

Fingers crossed Turbo will only need a week off to recover. If not Garrick to fullback and Weekes on the wing for mine.
Mate Turbo is cooked. He’s running at about 30% and now done his groin. He’s made of glass and the injuries have now ruined him mentally. I’ve not seen the guy hit stride since 2021. It really saddens me actually cos I love the guy.

Schuster , what an absolute waste of space.

Mostly injured , when he’s not he’s ****

The occasional miracle pass.

Blacktown workers I reckon
Yes disappointed with Schuster today was expecting a bit more , yes probably missed a lot of running in training with the injury but just didn’t seem to want to get involved , He may want that 5/8 spot but he needs more or Johns will take it from him , I’d like see a few more games from him to give him the chance to get fully fit but surely he has Seibold thinking

I was at the game. Few questions please.

What was Woodsy on report for?
What happened to Parker & Turbo?

Few things

But on fox sports it was like we were not even playing vossy was on tigers all day hate him.

We had no right to win that game, it was ugly and we playing probably at 40% but we got the win.

Take that ugly win over a loss any day.

Tigers I don't know how they lost that game we had what 2 play the balls in the 20 in that second half.

Ugly game but we move on

So weekes to one
Cooper to 6 shoe man was not right at all today.
And someone to replace Parker

If we play like that against any other team in the comp we don't get the two points.

I was really hoping the team would use this week (and next) to build into our season, especially defensively.

On the positive side, I'm so pleased that Toff has stepped up and made the most of his opportunity.

Congrats to Samuela on the debut.

Jake and Crokes worked hard as always.

Bullemor has cemented his place in the side (although I think he is more effective coming off the bench).

Saab is looking strong and is playing with more confidence in his game.

Go Manly!

😂😂😂

How the **** did we win that ????
Brooks not catching that inside ball helped a lot. But hey, we had a low % of the ball most of the game and despite our poor handling at times, the fact that we were able to still hang in there was very much not, 2022 like. So that's what I'll take away from the game.

Well, a win, but about as dissapointing a win as you can get.

Mentality is still the biggest issue in this team.
I was thinking the same about the mentality too. I would not mind betting Tommy is suffering from a tad of depression. He don’t look right to me. As for the rest who knows.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8